Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Brush in a tupperware setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Default Brush in a tupperware setup

Hey all, I've seen almost everyone has a tupperware with a brush laid down inside and it's filled with water. I understand it's used to clean your tires but what type of brush (Hard/Soft) should be used for Soft/Slick (Running on clay).

Thanks...
Old 08-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freddybnj_2004
Hey all, I've seen almost everyone has a tupperware with a brush laid down inside and it's filled with water. I understand it's used to clean your tires but what type of brush (Hard/Soft) should be used for Soft/Slick (Running on clay).

Thanks...
this is the type of brush some will use. It comes with hardware to help mount it in the tub. It's kind of in the middle as far as coarseness goes

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...2498-2/p535741
JatoTheRipper and billdelong like this.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Awesome... Thanks....

BTW - I know alot of racers use simple green to clean the tires but what is used for the body , chasis, etc...
Old 08-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Simple green has changed, and it is no longer as good for the tires. I just use water to clean my tires.

I use an air compressor to keep my car clean, but from time to time I will use a 1 inch paint brush or old toothbrush. Lately I've been using citrus solvent for cleaning stuff that is stubborn or really dirty. $2 or so from the hardware store. Pledge or a light coat of WD-40 will make your car look clean.

How have you been a member here for so long, and never learned how to clean an rc car?
turners dad likes this.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Get the Rubbermaid “brilliance” brand tub

It has the black rubber seal and black clips to hold tight.

it doesn’t leak and is air tight.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2
Simple green has changed, and it is no longer as good for the tires. I just use water to clean my tires.

I use an air compressor to keep my car clean, but from time to time I will use a 1 inch paint brush or old toothbrush. Lately I've been using citrus solvent for cleaning stuff that is stubborn or really dirty. $2 or so from the hardware store. Pledge or a light coat of WD-40 will make your car look clean.

How have you been a member here for so long, and never learned how to clean an rc car?
I was the owner of Express Motorsport back in the day... I know how to clean a car... just never ran offroad so didn't know what to use for tire cleaning since it's run on clay and simple green wasn't around... since I've been out of the "Game" for about 10 years... i was just asking what is being used now...
Old 08-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by imprsme
Get the Rubbermaid “brilliance” brand tub

It has the black rubber seal and black clips to hold tight.

it doesn’t leak and is air tight.
Thanks Ant... good to talk to you again after all this time... Nice to be back...
Old 08-14-2018, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In what way has Simple Green changed?

I use Mean Green from the dollar store. Works awesome and is cheaper.
E817man likes this.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

I just get a container tub big enough at the dollar store and a stiff but not to stiff bush, and cut the handle off and shoe goo it in never came unmounted after many uses cleans tires great ive used simple green / water on clay indoor tracks rarely outdoor.
JatoTheRipper and jtodd57 like this.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
In what way has Simple Green changed?

I use Mean Green from the dollar store. Works awesome and is cheaper.
They had to change the chemical makeup of simple green back in 2013 for them to be able to call it "environmentally friendly". Even before 2013 they'd removed oil of wintergreen as an active ingredient. Oil of wintergreen is the ingredient that softens rubber (oil of wintergreen is used in some tire sauces too).

A tire wash rig is just a brush glued into a container. Does the brush fit into the container? Really about it.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

They had to change the chemical makeup of simple green back in 2013 for them to be able to call it "environmentally friendly". Even before 2013 they'd removed oil of wintergreen as an active ingredient. Oil of wintergreen is the ingredient that softens rubber (oil of wintergreen is used in some tire sauces too).

A tire wash rig is just a brush glued into a container. Does the brush fit into the container? Really about it.
I had no idea. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Is it bad now for cleaning tires? I just got back into this and its what I add to my water in my tire tub. Not using it as a sauce or anything just to help clean a few sprays in the water.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:57 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

one thing I saw someone do (and he sent me the crank) was use one of those igloo or whatever coolers and he put in a crank where you can bolt the tire to and crank away. still have the crank he sent me, just never got around to installing it. Would be a cool setup.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc
Is it bad now for cleaning tires? I just got back into this and its what I add to my water in my tire tub. Not using it as a sauce or anything just to help clean a few sprays in the water.
No Simple green is fine to clean tires never had a issue.
a1 and outoftouchrc like this.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:58 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E817man
No Simple green is fine to clean tires never had a issue.
same here , no issues. I also like to use dawn dish liquid. Dawn is a pretty strong cleaner thats good on metal , plastic, and rubber.

outoftouchrc likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.