Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New T4 and B4 editions

Old 02-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

All it the "RS" is a new body and the same crappy motor with 2 less winds. I gotta admit though the new body looks wicked. Same terrible tires too....

I've got to lol at the Race Spec designation though, mabye if they had decent rubber on there, and a half way good 27t or 19t motor on there, then it would actually be race ready. Why don't they just put the Quad mag in their RTR's? Don't get me wrong though, the T4/B4 rocks! In fact I've owned 3 of them in the last year...lol.

Last edited by WheelNut; 02-14-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Teamassociated.com information on the new RTR's

"Team Associated’s RC10T4 racing truck wasted no time in proving itself in world-class competition, with the T4 sweeping the ROAR Modified Nationals Truck title with the Reedy-powered T4 just a few weeks after the truck's initial release. Team Associated is proud to offer the National Championship-winning T4 truck in a Ready-to-Run package, now upgraded to "Race-Spec" standards with a Reedy Radon 17-turn motor, the latest LRP "Ai" digital speed control, and a Team Associated XP2 radio system.

The T4 RTR truck borrows the distinctive forward-swept front end and rear-mounted shock configuration featured on the RC10B4 buggy, optimized with the new co-planar steering geometry. This suspension design provides maximum front-end clearance and minimizes bump-steer while maintaining desired Ackerman angles. Trailing front axle or optional inline steering blocks and axles can be used to adjust steering response. The suspension arms feature a “captured” hinge pin design so that no e-clips are used. In addition, the T4 includes the heavy-duty front hinge-pin brace and bumper for increased durability.

The transmission uses the same 2.6:1 higher torque-capacity differential as the RC10GT. A double-sided slipper assembly (first prototyped by Team Associated in 1989) has higher torque capacity, easier assembly, and lower rotating mass than comparable double-sided slippers.

The T4 chassis provides a super-low center of gravity by lowering the motor, battery, and shock mounting positions, enabling Associated’s R&D team to design a sleeker, more realistic low-profile body, greatly reducing the large, unaerodynamic “humps” over the rear shocks as seen on older-design trucks. The T4 Ready-to-Run comes equipped with strong, dish-style wheels and high-traction racing-compound tires.

The T4RS Ready-to-Run is the Team’s state-of-the-art competition truck, and uses all the same, readily-available AE chassis components as our race-proven T4 kits. The T4RS RTR can also be upgraded as your budget and skills allow with the full line of Factory Team T4 hop-ups."
Old 02-15-2006, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea,

Best thing here is the new body. Not sure why they just do not put a 27 turn of some sort in there. It does not have to be the best 27 they make but something club legal that will hold up to some abuse. Most people that but the rtr are learning or just plain run these guys in less than optimal conditions.
You would think the first experience with a rc should be good. Well my first rtr17 was under geared and still cooked first race. Glad I knew enough to go ahead and buy a 27 turn. I was just hoping to abuse the 17 while I learned to drive.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Damn! No wonder ASSOCIATED has had a parts shortage for their Off-Road kits the last few months!
Old 02-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

FYI. The motor is a MUCH better quality motor the previous kits. It will last you quite a bit longer than the previous one, also.

These kits are not geared toward racing. 70% (or so) of the RTR's purchased will never see a REAL track....so putting a 'legal' motor in them is not an issue.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevietd14
The T4RS Ready-to-Run is the Team’s state-of-the-art competition truck, and uses all the same, readily-available AE chassis components as our race-proven T4 kits. The T4RS RTR can also be upgraded as your budget and skills allow with the full line of Factory Team T4 hop-ups."
Readily available?

I had to bwahahaha at that.

Kits look interesting, though.