Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Sledgehammer

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Traxxas Sledgehammer

Hey gang. I've got an old Sledgehammer I'm rebuilding. I'm rather new to R/C and want a bit of advice from y'all.
First, what motors do y'all reccomend? She currently has a dead "Topaz" (I think a Trinity motor???) 11 turn, 22.5 awg. Ran well back in the day (I last ran this truck over 6 or 7 years ago!). I'd like to replace it with somthing similar (or "quicker" ). Are there readily swappable gear boxes out there for this truck?
Also, do they make a stiffer spring for the shocks. Mine are a little "soft" (they might need to be recharged with silicon.....how much of a pain in the a$$ is it to refill 'em?).
Batteries......what's the general oppinion on the "best" battery setup? (ability to hold a charge, etc....)

Thanks for the help.........
Old 02-22-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

wow i had 1 of those truck a while ago .. there a good tught truck... and as far as motor ... i would go p94 and shocks the oil is easy to replace .. take the top off from the shock .. just um scew it and get out all the oil sence it is old.... and as far as batt pack i like the trinthy 3300 hop this help you out...