which electric 540 motor to get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which electric 540 motor to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default which electric 540 motor to get?

i have decided that im either going to get a traxxas rustler or bandit. i would like to get a new motor for whatever one i get. i see that the motors in these vehicles are a stinger 20 turn motor. i would like to get a new one, but dont know what company i should go with. what are some good companies??? also, im not sure what turn motor i should get. i was thinking around 12-15. also what would be a good ESC to get???? thanks for the help.

Peter
Old 02-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

the cars have great motors already in them. also if you get the one with the ESC you dont have to get anything except for batts and a charger. same thing with the MSC
Old 02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking

Hey just a couple of ideas....I know making your first model purchase is big and of course costs a lot of money but here might be some options of a vehicle that can both be competative for the first time racer as well as have great rtr features. Like I said I am not here to talk you out of a Traxxas but if you add up the cost of a new motor and a Traxxas RTR you can get a more competative vehicle. After all I think everyone on here wants the sport to grow and there is nothing more frustrating than finally hitting the track or bashing with your friends and not being competative.

Here is the new Sportworks Raven: Comes with ball bearings and a 19t motor.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SWK1500

Here is the latest T4 RTR looks awsome with a 17 turn motor and the newest AI ESC. Also right now Tower Hobbies has 30$ off any purchase over 199$
http://www.rc10.com/newprod/newprod_kits.htm
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMGM4&P=7

Good Luck and welcome to RC!!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

hey um i have a bandit and my bro has a rustler i upgraded to a fireball 15 turn motor and it sored like the wind i could probably hit 30 35 mph in 5 seconds and then top speed right around 35 37 mph so quick low end accel and then its got good high end stedy speed so i suggest the fireball although the other guy is right the stinger is an awesome motor i had my fireball go out just a month or two ago and i got a method 15 turn its just as good maybe faster but i recomend you dont go any higher than i5 cause the escs get expensive the lower the turns you go. Oh and if you get the stock esc that comes with the car you will have to upgrade cause thre only built to handle like 20 turns so that stinks but i got a ipc sport digatal and it has worked like a charm its mor of a race one though one day i was driving my bandit and the battery fell out . The battery connecter snapped so my dad put those orage twisty things on it and it worked fine other than that its pretty awesome the method motor cost a little unde 25 bucks the ipc esc was 80 bucks but there suposed to last a lifetime and my fireball motor was altogether 30 bucks brandnew off ebay including shipping.