Community
Wiki Posts
Search

simple question about spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default simple question about spektrum

i just want to ask anybody with the spektrum dx3 system how does your car respond when the batteries start to die. i ask because mine loses power to the receiver and takes it a second to pick back up?any help would be appreciated
Old 02-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

mine dx3 beeps when the battery runs low ,then i change them you might have other issues that they had with the first batch which was some problem with the way the wires were ran inside the reciver and the tx module horizon hobby is the distbutor and had a reacall on some so go to horizonhobby.com .
or call them at 877-504-0233 they will help you out ,but you will have to send in your reciever and radio and be down for a couple weeks possible unless you have a back up but they will fix it
Old 02-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry not te transmitter i was talking bout the receiver
Old 02-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PLANETSTEREO
sorry not te transmitter i was talking about the receiver
even if the battery dies completly the spectrum reciever has a built in fail safe and would engage the break if you binded your receiver - sr3000 to the radio the right way .
Old 02-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Content/PD...al-english.pdf
read page 6 and 7
Old 02-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Horizon Hobby, Inc.
ATTN: Product Support
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822
Email: [email protected]
Support Phone: (877) 504-0233
Fax: (217) 355-1552
Old 02-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mgtman
even if the battery dies completly the spectrum reciever has a built in fail safe and would engage the break if you binded your receiver - sr3000 to the radio the right way .
i see what you are saying .i am just having problems with the receiver losing power during hard acceleration ,i am hoping the capacitor they make will work but who knows??????the failsafe does engage but it is aggravating because when it starts doing it itll move about 6 inch stop ,power back up,6 inch stop,power back ,so forth and so on
Old 02-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mgtman
mine dx3 beeps when the battery runs low ,then i change them you might have other issues that they had with the first batch which was some problem with the way the wires were ran inside the reciver and the tx module horizon hobby is the distbutor and had a reacall on some so go to horizonhobby.com .
or call them at 877-504-0233 they will help you out ,but you will have to send in your reciever and radio and be down for a couple weeks possible unless you have a back up but they will fix it
what does it say in my answear after (then i change them )and its suppose to do that thats the function of the fail safe its telling you to change your duying battery or charge your hump pack
Old 02-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

do you have digital servos? You should only have one for the steering if you are going to have any. Sometimes having two digital servos will pull to much current from the batteries and will make the system go dead for a second or two.

I had a similar problem with my system where it would power on and off. I found it to be a faulty transmitter. If you haven't had it long, take it back to where you bought it from and exchange the old transmitter for a new one.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by o.s. power
do you have digital servos? You should only have one for the steering if you are going to have any. Sometimes having two digital servos will pull to much current from the batteries and will make the system go dead for a second or two.

I had a similar problem with my system where it would power on and off. I found it to be a faulty transmitter. If you haven't had it long, take it back to where you bought it from and exchange the old transmitter for a new one.
he doesnt need a new one they had some issues like written above and been fixing it for a couple months all it takes is a phone call and he would get his answear instead of deciding which one of us is right he would have the answears
from the right source not my opinion or anyone elses that may seem to prolong the answear that he is looking for ,most places dont exchange it but horizon has been excepting some of the old system for wiring upgrade issues that spectrum had that or this might help some also,
http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_troubleshooting.htm
Old 02-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

why not take the chance to get a new one instead of having to hassle sending the radio back a waiting two weeks for them to fix it?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

thats true but a new one for him might be to much $ to spend again ,but due to his first stage of rc addiction and having to have to wait a while for them to fix it, i think you are right os, get a new one
Old 02-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

You shouldn't run your 6-cell batteries so low that you cause the failsafe to kick in. You're messing up your batteries, not the Spektrum. It happens easier whn you run 4 or 5 cells...but you're either WAY dumped or you have a bad cell.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Oh yeah...Spektrum kicks ass.