Wiki Posts
Search

loooking for basic set up for sc10 for carpet

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default loooking for basic set up for sc10 for carpet

Ive read some older threads dating years back before sct carpet tires were available and guys were having luck with stock sc10 tires but what are you guys using nowadays
and whats recommended for set-up with shock angles and ball stud roll center height.Is best to try and limit some traction for the an older sc10 to limit traction rolling so I can carry more
corner speed.Thanks
Old 06-06-2018, 09:41 PM
Suspended

First off, there is an SC10 thread here. The rules state specifically that you are supposed to post questions in vehicle threads.

Sway bars are going to help. Long camber links with the inner ball studs as low as they can go. Low ride height, but added spacers under the shock pistons to limit travel. Thicker shock oil and slightly stiffer springs. You will probably want to glue the sidewalls of your tires to give a little slide. Also, trim outer rows of pins off the front tires. Carpet and a rear motor SCT are not going to mix too well. I doubt you will be able to keep up with mid motor trucks. People have LARGELY moved on from SCT, so you are kinda on your own to figure out how to make a rear motor truck work on carpet. There is a reason everyone runs mid motor, and hardly anyone runs SCT on carpet because it is just not fun fighting the traction roll.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Appreciate the help.Its been years since ive been on the site.But I will try what you have suggested till I do get set up with a carpet specific type rc vehicle.The local track here has been carpet for a few years now and haven't run on it but a couple times since it was dirt and sct was mostly run there.Just getting back slowly into the scene.Ive actually got a sc10b with proline wedge front with prism rear carpet tires stiffer springs with heavier oil and honestly it isn't bad and car is fun on the carpet just wondered if it could be better with a few adjustments you guys could recommended.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:52 AM
Suspended

The lack of a big heavy up high body is likely going to make the sc10b a little easier to keep from traction rolling, so that is a good thing. Rear motor is still going to fight you through the corners because of weight transfer on throttle, but limiting front suspension travel can help with that. As long as less suspension travel doesn't hurt jumping performance.