Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Stampede Chassis!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Talking New Stampede Chassis!!!!!

Well guys, we have been working pretty hard lately to design a new option for the Traxxas Stampede. The result is what you see below...

an aluminum chassis with the ability to accomodate a standard 7 cell pack, adjustable 6 cell packs, above or below chassis battery mounting options, a 1/8" thick main plate with a broader weight distribution, a beveled radio section that keeps dirt out and stiffens the front of the chassis, bolts right on with 8 screws, and is extended 1.5" to allow the use of a wide selection of T/E-MAXX bodies.

So, now that we have the basics out of the way, what do you say we get to the minor details. Here's the deal, we made the prototype with our expensive development software, now we want you guys to take our design, and turn it into your blank canvas. What would you want on your Stampede? What features should it have? What would you change? Most of all, what would you look for in an aftermarket Stampede Chassis?

Well, what do you guys think? I can produce some weight, center of gravity, heat transfer data, and volume statistics later for all you tech heads out there. For now, what do you think this design could benefit from?

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can I get one to test out on the track. My boy is going to run an electric stampede. I thought he was crazy, but that chassis looks like what I have been trying to build. I would like to see how much flex is in it and twist though a turn. The one thing that I might suggest is a small curve at the back to add protection to the plastic that is already around the motor. It might help dissapate the heat from the motor and add protection to the gear box.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You should make the radiused edges run the length of the chassis to increase rigidity. After all if you are not adding chassis braces that run the length of the chassis (maxx style) you may well have problems with folding the chassis up in the middle.