Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree161Likes

Team Associated T6.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dogbone418
What fan mount are you guys using? Saw a couple guys using the Exotek angled one but with no clamp.
I ended up getting one the T6.1 30mm fan mount From J-Remy at Shapeways.com.
Big_Show likes this.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Schelle, using stock battery brace.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Fan Mount

Originally Posted by dogbone418
What fan mount are you guys using? Saw a couple guys using the Exotek angled one but with no clamp.
Search eBay for
Team Associated B6 B6.1 T6.1 SC6.1 30mm Fan Mount Waterfall with WTF Fan
Seller is: mcknight-jeremy
These are the best!
Old 07-16-2018, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I use the J remy waterfall, WTF combo on all my indoor 6.1s
Old 07-19-2018, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I’m using the Numedahl carpet setup as a starting point since the standard kit setup is for dirt. I’m curious if the gap between the spring and collar at full droop is acceptable. From what I can tell the stiffer springs used are about 10 mm shorter than the springs that come in the kit. The lower ride height and shorter spring combo looks to be the issue. Is this acceptable or should I look for a different combo?

Front - 22 mm ride height, #91836 Orange springs, short eyelet, and 5 mm cup offset get me the following gap at droop.

Rear - 22 mm ride height, #91841 Yellow spring, short eyelet, and 9 mm cup offset.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

I got the same spring combo and front i used the longest shock offset 9mm on front and screwed the eyelets in a bit more and not to bad at 22mm ride height and captive as well...stayed with factory spring on the rear as it wasnt to far off the yellow spring but the front orange is way heavier than the factory front.
I might put the yellows on the rear as with factory to get the same ride height the collars are just about right up.

I just realised that carpet set up requires shocks front of arms on the rear.....better get the tools out .

Last edited by malcnz; 07-20-2018 at 12:31 AM. Reason: ....
Old 07-20-2018, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Thats better....now in front.....mine arent captive either on the rear now with the shorter springs but neither were the factory springs on the rear and dont think its anything to worry about as its just the low ride height for carpet and if it worries you just have a higher ride height.

Last edited by malcnz; 07-20-2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: ..
Old 07-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Looks good!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll leave them as is for now. If I switch the front to the 9 mm cup offset it should take up that slack like yours. Does that change the setup on the truck at all?
Old 07-20-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

No worries and thank you for putting up your pics or I wouldn't have realised I had the shocks on wrong. Not sure about what it would change with the taller cups but it's a truck so probably a bit more forgiving than a buggy with set up...one thing I found out with moving shocks from out to in is the body holes are about 3mm out on the back so had to space it out which was a bit painful and you would think associated would have made that spacer the right thickness..bad miscalculation on there part.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm kind of disappointed with the whole shock tower mounting. I don't understand why they didn't design it so the towers just stay in the same place centers on the arms and you swap the shock mounts from one side to another (the TLR 22-4 is set up like this). Even if the mounts need to be a little longer so its equal it would be a much stronger set up IMO. Having the spacers is just putting extra bending forces on all the screws and asking for something to bend/break. Plus like you mentioned then all the wing mounts and body mounts would stay in the same place all the time.

The longer shock cups don't have any impact on set up. You are just changing the position of the spring along the shock you aren't changing anything about the spring rate or the geometries.
malcnz likes this.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Agreed..seems a bit of an afterthought on the truck and overall it's a great truck but this one area is a bit let down.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by malcnz
Agreed..seems a bit of an afterthought on the truck and overall it's a great truck with a huge amount of thought gone into it but this one area is a bit let down.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bobf24
The longer shock cups don't have any impact on set up. You are just changing the position of the spring along the shock you aren't changing anything about the spring rate or the geometries.
Thanks! I’ll add those to the front and that should eliminate the gap. I put the kit springs in the rear because they are close to the same rate as the V2 yellow that I had in there. I believe the yellows are 2.30 lbs and the stock green are 2.20 lbs.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by malcnz
No worries and thank you for putting up your pics or I wouldn't have realised I had the shocks on wrong. Not sure about what it would change with the taller cups but it's a truck so probably a bit more forgiving than a buggy with set up...one thing I found out with moving shocks from out to in is the body holes are about 3mm out on the back so had to space it out which was a bit painful and you would think associated would have made that spacer the right thickness..bad miscalculation on there part.
You’re welcome. I built my kit using the carpet setup so I was able to put the holes in the correct spot when I mounted the body the first time. I have a new body on the way to the painter right now

I got a little practice in today. Carpet is a lot of fun so far.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:59 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dikke hond
Is Yokomo working on a truck? Where did you read that?
Joe Pillars mentioned that it was about 90 % finished in the JConcepts INS8 interview a couple of days ago, and Shin confirmed to me they were shooting for the roll-out as early as late September.
One of the main reasons for me to switch to AE was the prospect of driving a buggy and a truck based on the same platform. As sometimes live (and work) happens, I did not buy the T6.1 yet and have not raced my B6.1 as much as I would have liked. From a objective point of view I still think it is better than my YZ-2 CA ever was. However, this is a hobby and there is no reason for the brain to rule over your heart. I'll be getting the YZ-2T or watever its name for sure. Such is the fate of a fanboy.
Sorry for talking off-topic so much, back to the great T6.1!
How do you like the new JConcepts body, do you think it is to be a P2?

Picture: redrc.net

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.