Search
Like Tree76Likes

State of 1/10 Stadium Truck Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:47 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default State of 1/10 Stadium Truck Racing

So, what are people seeing right now as the state of stadium truck racing?

Here in some locations a few vehicles has shown up and get put in with the 2wd SCT class. They do bring back some memories but it seems like other than Losi and Xray, getting a stadium truck based on the current buggy platform is not a priority.

in your area, what seems to be the spec class of choice for these? (13.5, 17.5, etc)

Tire selection also seems to be limited for outdoor offroad dirt style tracks.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Itīs the most funniest and underestimated racing class.It will for sure have a comeback
Lordzod likes this.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where I race it's about 1/2 to 2/3 as many as the 2wd class. Where short course is about 1/3 as many. It makes for a great second class. It's about 50/50 between stock 17.5 and mod.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We have 5-6 guy's that run them weekly, as soon as i have some spare money i plan to get a t5m to replace my t4.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I personally think why stadium truck class is in a lull right now is because of the lack of new vehicles from every manufacture except losi. Ive noticed the racing trends at the tracks I race at tend to hover around what hot new kit is out. the 4 wheel drive class was basically dead at most tracks in my area. then as soon as the b64 and now the tekno 4 wheeler came out that class has exploded. getting more entries than 2wd drive mod. which was the last super hot class. when associated released the b6 2wd mod blew up. getting c and d mains on a club night. reality is people get bored quick. and the truth is more than 50% of racers are die hard associated. people are bored with there t5m and have moved on to the 4 wheel class or something else that is new and shiny. since yokomo won the offroad worlds a whole heap of guys at my local track have bought yokomo. its no different than apple coming out with a new phone every year and everybody buys it. is the t5m still competitive sure. and im sure ryan cavalieri could still win races with a t4. the only thing that is going to revive stadium truck is new trucks from associated, kyosho, or somebody else.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Truck

Stadium truck gets a big turnout at the bigger races, such as the Reedy Race or JCONCEPTS Stock Nats, that I watch at OCRC. The trucks are dialed and it's great watching them race. I've always liked stadium truck as well as the 2wd and 4wd buggies. When I watch the trucks at the big races, I always wonder why there isn't more interest at weekly club races. It is a great 2nd or 3rd class to run. Although I know running 3 classes is a lot to deal with in one night. Maybe it also has to do with people wanting to drive a 2wd and a 4wd vehicle even though they are both buggies but still much different types of vehicles.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Xray has a new ST- the XT2 2018. AS far as Associated, I assume they're waiting to release a ST6 (and SC6M) until the expected B6.1 upgrade rumored to be coming soon. As for the classes, 1 track I go to runs 17.5 only- the other does mod. I guess I just need a hot 17.5 motor and pray my setup is good.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here in Australia we only run mod ST. So I've started running ST and stock 2wd buggy as I feel running a faster truck will make me a better buggy driver. Plus ST was the very first class I ever raced, back in the NIMH days, Venom 7.5t brushless in a Duratrax evader, I had the most fun racing that.

Also I mentioned at my second last race meet I'd like to race truck again and it went from 1 lone truck at the track to a class of 4 pretty much over-night. I think people want to race them but very few people actually get one and go ahead with racing them as they rarely see anyone else with one.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Tech Prophet

I just don't know the one track i went to they never showed up one day the other race day there was a constant turnout of them more than 6 of them mod motor. Thought about getting one maybe but the turnout is iffy .
Old 01-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stadium truck really took a nose dive back in about 05'. I never understood why till a guy I raced with told me it got way too competitive and the races got ugly. Potential new racers were too intimidated and the guys who weren't got bored with the cars because the setups were nailed down. There were some other contributors like the cars easily broke because the platics were brittle (Losi graphite as an example). The motors were expensive and needed alot of maintenance. You needed comm lathes, brushes, expensive matched NiMh or Nicad batteries. It wasn't an easy class to be competitive in. I agree that eventually there will be a resurgence.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

In my area they have been mixing ST in with 4WD SC, sometimes both these classes are combined with Novice which really makes things interesting in the mains, always fun to get more practice navigating around lap traffic!

I prefer 4WD SC and 4WD 13.5T Buggy as my 2 primary classes that I like to run, however with the recent release of Tekno's EB410 has almost killed the SC class overnight, most of the guys running 4WD SC sold their trucks to get the new buggy and Stock racing is proving to be the most popular at our club. There's something about the word "stock" that is more appealing to the masses.

There has been some talk of starting up a 13.5T ST class and we'll see if that takes over... once 5 guys commit, then I'll jump over and make the shift from SCT too. One thing that the guys are talking about doing differently is coming up with a "Spec" motor with locked timing on the end bell (possibly a claimer class too) which might help keep costs down and level the playing field so not to get trapped into motor wars.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Our stadium class, 13.5, has blown up over here as of late. Last club race we had there were 17 entries with a variety of manufacturers, especially TLR. I race out here in CA.
rgrg2 likes this.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ive always been intrigued by this class but it never generates a big turnout. I can see the 13.5 buggy class affecting 4wd sct because im feeling the same. Ive been flirting with the idea of getting rid of the sct for a wheeler
Old 01-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

I've been running my t5m with a Shapeways printed laydown transmission. Super happy with it. Sometimes we run 17.5 Stadium trucks with 13.5 Shortcourse trucks at the weekly club races. I'm stoked about the rumors of just a 13.5 stadium truck class. No more 17.5 and Mod classes (at the big races).
Old 01-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Im going to keep my eye out.....i think it would be awesome if st made a strong comeback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.