hyper 7 pro engine recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyper 7 pro engine recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hyper 7 pro engine recommendations?

Hello,

I plan on buying a Ofna Hyper 7 pro and was trying to decide what .21 sized engine to use. What engine's do the hyper 7 factory racers use in their cars? I plan on racing occasinally but want a engine that can keep up while playing around at the track. Also i dont want to spend to much on it at the very most like $300.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you want apull start, the nicest and cheapest and fastest is the Ofna Hyper .21 8 port. 119.95@ UltimateHobbies.com. 138.95@ Nitrohouse.com. Then decide between an RB Concepts "63" or "86" tuned pipe, based on your researched descision. The Hyper 8 port comes w/ a nice header, you could try a CVEC pipe.
Then if you really want team speed,send it over to [email protected] and get the $100 internals mod job!
Thats what I'm going to do for my Hyper 7, or go for a (approx): $260-270 RB WS7, $300-350 RB C5 or Sirio .21 Buggy. With these you will also need a header for $40-50 busks. I recomend a two piece exhaust over the phoeny one-picers (that are really 2!).
Peace, and good luck! Ethan [email protected]
Old 11-27-2002, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

I'd recommend the RB WS7, Picco G1, Omega or Siro (either ABC or AAC versions). Of those I would say that the WS7 is probably going to suit your needs best of all (it's been British National Champion for the past 3 years!!!).
Old 11-27-2002, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey,

Would the RB S7 be good or is it just worth it to spend the extra $60 and get the RB WS7. Im not on a tight budget but if i can save here and there it could help.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think your best bet is to go for big power gains over both the S7 & WS7, and try to find a newly designed C5 for $280 or so.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

I don't think there is a lot of difference between the S7 and WS7. I would still go for the S7 or WS7 over the new C5 because you are not looking to be the best and fastest car on the track. Save the money as I expect you will find the S7 enough of a handful as it is!!!

Get an in-line tuned pipe (one with springs holding pipe to manifold) as the ones with silicon joiners have a tendancy to come apart.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Well ive decided on an S7

The only problem is i can't find one. I bought my Hyper 7 from Ace hobbies and wanted to buy the engine but they said that they were out and it could be a month or so before they might be able to get one. The guy informed me that RB is in Uraguay for a race and has no way to find out if they will even to get them anymore. I checked all of my LHS and no one has it and they also said they hard to get and can't order them either. Does any one happen know where i could obtain one. I think i might just start calling every on-line hobby store to see if they might just happen to have on in stock. This sucks, i really wanted the Rb but now im thinking OS but ive heard alot more good things on the S7 then the OS.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for you for help.