R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-14-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Drop in servo for ERBE?

What is the best servo upgrade for the 1/10 erbe that requires no external bec or diff servo horns?
Dont know if I can still go with the twin servo setup or have to convert to a single?
xTHExSA1NTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't worry about needing to use a different servo horn. Not a hard swap and most all servos come with an assortment to choose from right in the same package.

I used this one in my eRevo: Hitec HS-7955TG Digital HT Titanium Gear Coreless Servo. Been working just fine for years now. No external BEC needed either.

It completed the single servo conversion just fine. You will be amazed how much snappier the steering is and wish you would have done this earlier.

I also found a traxxas blank to cover the other servo hole. Not needed, but looks better with it.

Here's mine after a complete rebuild so I could dye the chassis and rockers green. I had to ditch those tires as they were to hard on the diff's.

guitars911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
Tech Adept

^ nice build! You dont have any glitches or surges without a bec @ 4.8 volts?
Old 11-15-2017, 07:36 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nope no issues at all. I went in and increased the BEC voltage in the ESC though. I think it's set at 6 or 7V now? Can't remember as I haven't messed with the ESC programming on this one in a couple years. I'd bet it's on the maxed out BEC voltage setting though.

You are aware that the stock OEM ESC is just a rebranded Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2? You can get the castle link software and program this how ever you like.
guitars911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Yes sir I am aware, been out of the hobby for about 6 years and just recently stepped back into it, everything has changed so much with all the electronics now, I walked into the lhs and bought a brand new erevo, 2 traxxas lips and the traxxas lipo charger last week and was amazed how far everything has came, with that traxxas charger it makes everything to easy, just plug them in and hit a button! Just looking for a bit more torque out of the steering though and probably will be the only upgrade I do for a bit.