Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ISDT Chargers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ISDT Chargers?

Any one here using an ISDT Charger(s)? If so, do you like it and what is your set-up?
Old 11-14-2017, 05:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I have the 620 and think it's great. I went from a 308duo to that. The only issue is discharge, but I've never discharged a battery so it's not one to me. I can fit all my cables in the tiny box it came in. Was great to help me reduce my pit footprint as I'm trying to reduce everything down to a backpack.

I got a great deal on it so I thought I would try it. Loved it. 6 more people at my local track have started showing up with them after a few of us started using them. Haven't seen anyone complain and they're ridiculously easy to use.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Costanza
I have the 620 and think it's great. I went from a 308duo to that. The only issue is discharge, but I've never discharged a battery so it's not one to me. I can fit all my cables in the tiny box it came in. Was great to help me reduce my pit footprint as I'm trying to reduce everything down to a backpack.

I got a great deal on it so I thought I would try it. Loved it. 6 more people at my local track have started showing up with them after a few of us started using them. Haven't seen anyone complain and they're ridiculously easy to use.
Thanks for the post. Which one are you using and are you using another power source?
Old 11-14-2017, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use the D2 and love it. Its smaller than my single channel hitec X1 I had been using, charges both channels at 12a on a.c., and fits in a small drawer in my tool box. Most that were using the icharger 308's and the likes are slowly jumping ship to these. Only drawback is that it only discharges at 3a if you're one of those types
Old 11-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They are really good. Now there's around 10 people locally at the track that have them. Can chargeat 12amps out of the box. I have the dual charger. The d2 i think
Old 11-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cday
They are really good. Now there's around 10 people locally at the track that have them. Can chargeat 12amps out of the box. I have the dual charger. The d2 i think
Thanks for the reply. What are you guys using as your power source? Have you looked into the discharger as well?

I am pretty impressed with the ISDT user interface...
Old 11-15-2017, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gacbora
Thanks for the reply. What are you guys using as your power source? Have you looked into the discharger as well?

No power source needed 100-240v ac.
No dc input.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gacbora

The D2 has a built in PSU, it’s very compact and saves pit space. I also have the discharger, it’s nifty for putting your batteries at storage voltage but at 6A it’s not suitable for “juicing” packs.

Most importantly for the discharger, if you leave a pack plugged in for a few days it won’t drain it (like it would if you left it plugged into your car).
Old 06-16-2019, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The D2 is a piece of shit. I had two, both failed. Four friends also bought one and all failed. The best story was one failed and then destroyed a cell phone that was charging using the USB. Garbage, company won’t even answer email.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a Q6 that I use at the track. We've been using ISDT in drone racing for a few years. As long as you don't attempt to do a lot of discharging with them they're solid. At home I still use the 308 DUO for speed and discharging.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by energyracing
The D2 is a piece of shit. I had two, both failed. Four friends also bought one and all failed. The best story was one failed and then destroyed a cell phone that was charging using the USB. Garbage, company won’t even answer email.
This is the first time i heard a lot of failure in a post... Mind sharing any picture and tell us the detail??
Old 06-17-2019, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a Hobbymate d6 duo which I understand to be the same internals as the ISDT D2. It's been solid. As others have said, the internal discharge isn't up to much if you use it. I tripped over the AC cord & pulled it off my pit table & broke the fan, but I was able to source a replacement fan from Digikey & get it back up & running again.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, I have been using a D2 for a month and it stopped working. Bought through Walmart. How was your experience with warranty? Other options ?

thank you.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:23 AM
Tech Rookie

hi
new member here

Most people who were using icharger 308s and similar devices are gradually switching to them. If you're one of those people, the one problem is that it only discharges at 3 a.