Height: 170mm
Wheel Base: 285mm
Ground Clearance: 35mm
Front track: 265mm
Rear track: 265mm
Wheel Diameter: 55mm
Wheel Width: 50mm

MODS AND EQUIPMENT:
***Hitec Lynx AM 2 Channel Radio & Receiver*** Trinity Monster Stock Horsepower Pro Motor
Team Orion 2400mAh NiCD Rocket Pack Battery
Venom Racing 1800mAh NiCD Power Pack Battery
Proline Gladiator II M3 Compound Rear Tyres
Front Duratax Blue Rims
Rear DurataxDurataxDuratax Blue Rims
Novak Super-Flex Super Low Resistance Motor Wires
Team Orion 30wt Sledge Shock Oil
Duratrax Purple Aluminium Front Hinge Pin Brace
Team Orion Stock Serrated Laydown Enduro Comp Brushes
Team Orion 150° Tuned Lay Down Motor springs
Robinson Racing 23 Tooth / 48 Pitch Pinion Gear

***20A Portable Charging Station (See Specs Below) ***

Trinity Monster Stock Pro Horsepower 27 Turn Dual Wind Motor:

MOTOR SPECS
All figures are at 5 volts

RPM: 21,217 @ 5v
POWER: 65w @ 10,200 rpm @ 5v
EFFICIENCY: 48.5% @ 14,700 rpm @ 5v
TORQUE: 100.9Nmm @ 5v

let us know what u think
Old 02-03-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

wow i thank your ready to race.lol you should take a pic and post it on your thread... the only thing i would get is the graphite kit... but thanks just me...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Question: what is it you need to know about this setup?

Sounds like a good bashing setup to start with. If you are planning to race you probably want to the do the following:

1. If the Sprint ESC doesn't have reverse lock out, get one that does or get a race level ESC. Look for an ESC that does 6V Bec so you have full power to your servos. A good cheap option is the MC230CR from Futaba. Its small, has reverse, can easily handle stock motors, and does 6V BEC. I had luck with 19 turn motors in it as well, though its rated for 20 turns. Can be had online (ebay, forums) for around $25 - $30.

2. Tires. Get what works for the track you are going to race at by asking around.

3. Go with NIMH battery packs as soon as your budget allows. You can get good prices on GP3300s right now, and they will perform much better than your nicad packs.

4. I think you are going to be overgeared with that pinion for that motor. You should buy the Robinson Racing Pinion packs, both odd and evens as well as an RPM pinion gear case. The only bad this with the pinion packs is the gears at least the ones I got don't have a number on them, which is why you need the pinion case, but, for $20 you get a full set of pinions from 15 - 25 teeth. Usually a pinion can run between 3 - 5 bucks each one at the LHS as far as what I have seen.

5. If you are going to be serious into racing, you will want your motor to running in top form. If you have a buddy at the track, see if he has a lathe or someone who can cut your motors for you, probably before each race day. You could also invest in a lathe yourself.

6. you never mentioned what servo you are using. For a truck you probably want a servo that puts out at least 80oz of torque. A good cheaper servo that will do the job is the JR 590M . You can find these cheap new on ebay and on the forums for around $25 . they do what I believe is 85oz of torque at .15 sec transit at 6V.

7. You will probably also purchase a selection of oils and springs as you get more into racing.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

he is right you are going to over gear it.. i had a evader st before... you should get a 15 size pion .... and i would get a better esc.. never like that esc .. or the organal motor .. but i see you replaced that....