Search

No Bar Build: Losi 22S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default No Bar Build: Losi 22S

The aim is to race a local "Pro Street/VXL" class AND bracket. Its probably more of a basic/lower budget class and not a newb class... because its low barrier of entry (cost wise) but a "true street" NO BAR class (being the biggest challenge).

RULES:
  • Dry Tire
  • Proline Reaction tires only
  • Stock rear motor AND pan Traxxas, Associated, or Losi
  • NO BAR
  • 3pv or stock radio (really no programable radios)
  • 4.54lbs minimum weight
  • Street car bodies cut on factory lines, no cutting out the back of the body, stock spoilers, no splitters, etc.
  • Stock motor/esc from Traxxas, Associated, or Losi, mixing and matching is allowed
  • 2 cell battery

My Car:
  • I’ll be running the Losi 22s, with removed/cut plastics… unmodified aluminum pan (per the rules)
  • I have installed the Traxxas VXL combo… a lot of gear testing required
  • I’ll be running some G3 shocks (a spare set off a buggy I had that I no longer race)
  • Pro-Line Supra Body… at least for practice… but I think the Bittydesign VPR is legal… and it might be the “cheater” body
  • Rdesigns adjustable rear body mount, front and rear shock towers
  • Losi front aluminum spindles, aluminum caster blocks, and titanium shock tower stand offs
  • Exotek front GNSS mount bumper, aluminum front pivot, aluminum front camber block, aluminum front servo mount, and titanium light weight rear CVA axles
  • Protek 22 5.0 titanium turnbuckle kit
  • SSD V spoke beadlocks with Reaction Blue
The Future:
  • I’m currently working on getting the car more forward weight… hence all the front aluminum and moving the battery and all to the front.
  • A LOT of testing… there are several things I need to really work on… slipper clutch setting, gearing, and weight balance. I could move the battery to the front bumper, but I’m worried about it being too front heavy half way down the track and spinning out. I need to control the launch with the slipper. The gearing is going to lightly be setup for the backend of the track so I don’t have to worry about aggressive gear torque with no bar.
  • I like the look of the SSD wheels, but I will have to get some BADD beadlocks. They are still a little heavier than glued plastic tires… BUT I have some tricks I think.