Like Tree25Likes

Traxxas TRX4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Well the Squids have their review up for the Sport.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/review-traxxas-trx-4-sport/
Review should be in quotations IMO. Big Squid has never done fair reviews. They've always catered to sponsors and they don't really hide that fact. And now their site says "Powered by Traxxas." I have no idea how that terrible site became the face of RC and the go-too place for news and information, but it saddens me deeply.

I just started reading this "review" and it's a great example of why I dislike Big Squid.

"Build Quality:
Solid rig right out of the box."

That's riveting information right there...not.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Review should be in quotations IMO. Big Squid has never done fair reviews. They've always catered to sponsors and they don't really hide that fact. And now their site says "Powered by Traxxas." I have no idea how that terrible site became the face of RC and the go-too place for news and information, but it saddens me deeply.

I just started reading this "review" and it's a great example of why I dislike Big Squid.

"Build Quality:
Solid rig right out of the box."

That's riveting information right there...not.
true. Good or bad they are where most starting go for info. They used to be good regular guys. Used to see them at my local Hobbytown. Then things started to change.

There reviews are simple. Not intended for us that have been in, but for those just looking for something to mess around with few times a month.

The Traxxas adverting was a big suprise. Cubby and I have had a number of disagreements, but I do give him credit. He’s been a critic of them for most of the time I’ve been in the hobby.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

true. Good or bad they are where most starting go for info. They used to be good regular guys. Used to see them at my local Hobbytown. Then things started to change.

There reviews are simple. Not intended for us that have been in, but for those just looking for something to mess around with few times a month.

The Traxxas adverting was a big suprise. Cubby and I have had a number of disagreements, but I do give him credit. He’s been a critic of them for most of the time I’ve been in the hobby.
So you're saying they're also sellouts...
Old 06-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Prophet

So you're saying they're also sellouts...
It is a a business for them. Long before Traxxas started advertising with them, Axial was their big ticket advertiser. They did the reveal of the Yeti XL. Axial would bring them out for secret testing. Traxxas just runs ads. That “powered by Traxxas “ is just an brand slogan.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

It is a a business for them. Long before Traxxas started advertising with them, Axial was their big ticket advertiser. They did the reveal of the Yeti XL. Axial would bring them out for secret testing. Traxxas just runs ads. That “powered by Traxxas “ is just an brand slogan.
Yes, but you know darn well it's not good to give sponsors bad reviews if they want to keep said sponsor.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Yes, but you know darn well it's not good to give sponsors bad reviews if they want to keep said sponsor.
it’s a tough spot for all of them. Thing is it’s been a long time since I’ve seen anyone give a bad review. Last one I can clearly remember was Jang with a Thunder Tiger 2wheel drive touring car.

I always laughed back when I’d see a magazine cover car, with the caption “ is it great? Review inside “.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

it’s a tough spot for all of them. Thing is it’s been a long time since I’ve seen anyone give a bad review. Last one I can clearly remember was Jang with a Thunder Tiger 2wheel drive touring car.

I always laughed back when I’d see a magazine cover car, with the caption “ is it great? Review inside “.
Remember when JANG gave an honest (bad) review of MaxAmps and they sued him? What a pathetic company.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Remember when JANG gave an honest (bad) review of MaxAmps and they sued him? What a pathetic company.
that happened before I joined URC. But remember reading about it. It’s a shame that it’s because so difficult to get actual reviews of anything without having to question the source.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

that happened before I joined URC. But remember reading about it. It’s a shame that it’s because so difficult to get actual reviews of anything without having to question the source.
It's all about money. And when a company that makes average, but extremely overpriced products like MaxAmps then they have to defend their reputation. I'm sure JANG could have won the court case, but being a small RC site he didn't want to go up against a business with a lot of capital. It's a shame. I just try to spread the word so I can hurt MaxAmps as much as possible.
bennytheblade and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got the OEM Traxxas Bronco light kit / rock light kit installed last night. Looks LEGIT!

Old 06-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Steel_Rain
I got the OEM Traxxas Bronco light kit / rock light kit installed last night. Looks LEGIT!
Are the headlights new cooling (cool/blue) or old school (warm/yellow) like they should be?
Old 06-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Jang/MaxAmps

WoW, that's what happened to JANG, didn't know that's why he just seem to just vanish. And for those MAX AMPS batts, they are worthless. I brought my first and last one back in 2010 online from I think their website, was stationed in Germany at the time and had it shipped, the batt had a $199 price tag so new to the hobby at that time I figured it be a good pack. Received the pack and the pack wasn't balanced, tried balance charging, still no balancing the thing, after a month or so the batt swelled, kept the batt a year or so but never got the batt to balance charge. Needless to say that I never brought another from them.
Enough ranting from me today, anyways Keep enjoying the hobby guys and girls.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Demonyo
WoW, that's what happened to JANG, didn't know that's why he just seem to just vanish. And for those MAX AMPS batts, they are worthless. I brought my first and last one back in 2010 online from I think their website, was stationed in Germany at the time and had it shipped, the batt had a $199 price tag so new to the hobby at that time I figured it be a good pack. Received the pack and the pack wasn't balanced, tried balance charging, still no balancing the thing, after a month or so the batt swelled, kept the batt a year or so but never got the batt to balance charge. Needless to say that I never brought another from them.
Enough ranting from me today, anyways Keep enjoying the hobby guys and girls.

the MaxAmps thing was 5-6 years ago. About 3 years ago Jang moved and lost access to any place to test RC. He kept URC going. It’s been almost 2 years now, just one night URC showed “technical issues” and that was it. Never came back up. He’s still doing videos. Just now only for LEGO.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info Billy Kelly, and I don't keep up with a lot due to my crazy life, but still try to get my rc fix in as much as possible. Am into racing but cant seem to ever have time to get to the track so, then I stumbled up on some scale/crawling vids on YouTube a few yrs ago and now I'm hooked, when I can't race I still can drive the toy trucks...Hope that I can scrape up enough cash to get the New TRX4 Sport when their finally released or a few months there after. Maybe have to sell off my 2&4wd race sct's to get the money but hey it'll be worth it.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi there,

can anybody please do a favor and measure their TRX4 springs ? I need to inner diameter, the outer diameter and the length dimensions for a custom project desesperately in need of longer springs.

I hope somebody can help me

Thanks
G-rem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.