Wiki Posts
Search

Vaterra Twin Hammers OR Wraith RTR??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Arrow Vaterra Twin Hammers OR Wraith RTR??

I'm wanting to pick up a rock racer type vehicle and this new Vaterra looks pretty good. Anyone have any personal experience with both a wraith rtr and a Twin Hammers rtr?

Pros and cons of each?

Price is identical so that doesn't make any difference.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't have experience but the twin hammers would take my vote simply by looking at it.

Btw I scored a mint rc8.2e with team upgrades for my txt :P
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brokenparts
I don't have experience but the twin hammers would take my vote simply by looking at it.

Btw I scored a mint rc8.2e with team upgrades for my txt :P
Yeah man I love the looks of the Twin Hammers. I just wish I had a local hobby shop where I could handle one and check it out in detail. Videos just don't help me decide on whether to buy or not.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The Wraith is about twice the size of the Twin Hammers but will require more hop up's to make it as durable. The TH shift servo is really weak and should be replaced from the get go.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by transambill
The Wraith is about twice the size of the Twin Hammers but will require more hop up's to make it as durable. The TH shift servo is really weak and should be replaced from the get go.
Man I didn't know that....

Going off of pics of each I thought they were the same size. I was looking for something around the size of a wraith.

Should I consider the Gmade artr R1 I believe it's called?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Not really familiar with the TH, but I love my Wraith. I initially bought it for something to bash with during the winter and to pass time in the pits while not racing or wrenching. It turned into a complete obsession. Some things suck out of the box, like the steering/drag links, and need to be upgraded right away. Looks like the TH is pretty promising, but there are tons of aftermarket parts already available for the Wraith and you can take it any direction you want. Crawler, scaler, basher, FOFF...you are only limited by your imagination and budget. Check out rccrawler.com for more details.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Man I didn't know that....

Going off of pics of each I thought they were the same size. I was looking for something around the size of a wraith.

Should I consider the Gmade artr R1 I believe it's called?
The Gmade is smaller than the TH. It may look bigger in the pics but once you take the wheels off it looses all it's size and is smaller plus they require lots of hop up's to make them durable. It's more of a shafty crawler than a rock racer. If you need a good radio and want to get into a rock racer that requires minor hop up's get the TH. If you want something bigger that theres lots of upgrades already on the market and makes a decent crawler get the Wraith. Some people are trying to make crawlers out of the TH but there not performing very well cause that's not what there designed for.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm wanting to pick up a rock racer type vehicle and this new Vaterra looks pretty good. Anyone have any personal experience with both a wraith rtr and a Twin Hammers rtr?

Pros and cons of each?

Price is identical so that doesn't make any difference.
I already worked at shop and I have many experience regarding this twin hammer. It will certain a good one to choose and it is consider as a best seller. twin hammer, contains of high accessories like aluminum front c's and a lots of other upgrade. I would probably prefer for twin hammer, this is pretty cool and I think this is one you need. Moreover, with this twin hammers it is contains of high speed transmission and it is also easy to handle.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Thanks for the heads up and opinions guys. This will be my first venture into the crawler / rock racer market. Just wanna make the right first buy.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Wraith

Man i would go with Axial period, i work at hobby shop and have had several TH's come back with more than a bad shift servo which by the way is only bad due to end points bein screwed up from factory, but waterproof lol i think not, the tranny has NO kinda lube in it and is not sealed in any kind of way, i will say though for a plastic geared tranny it is tough but still needs work lots of dirt and mud getting in, also the electronics are crap, not saying axial's is better but, oh and i wouldnt put any kinda grease or lube in tranny either it just binds up, Axial has come along way and has IMO better built trucks than the new Vaterra company, I am not putting Vaterra down but, they still have some improving to do and i feel if your not wanting to get discouraged right out the gate then buy an Axial BATTLE TESTED AND APPROVED even is bone stock form
Old 03-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the heads up and opinions guys. This will be my first venture into the crawler / rock racer market. Just wanna make the right first buy.
Hey Matt - If you do end up getting the Twin Hammers, drop me a line if you have any questions. Hey even if you go the Wraith route, I'd be happy to help you out however I can. It's the perfect time for you to be getting into the scaler/rock racer market. Lots of options and aftermarket goodies. Also, we'll be doing some shop visits next month in VA and NC and would be happy to let you wheel a Twin Hammers if you haven't decided by then. Who's your LHS? -Brian
Old 03-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR.TRAXXAS
Man i would go with Axial period, i work at hobby shop and have had several TH's come back with more than a bad shift servo which by the way is only bad due to end points bein screwed up from factory, but waterproof lol i think not, the tranny has NO kinda lube in it and is not sealed in any kind of way, i will say though for a plastic geared tranny it is tough but still needs work lots of dirt and mud getting in, also the electronics are crap, not saying axial's is better but, oh and i wouldnt put any kinda grease or lube in tranny either it just binds up, Axial has come along way and has IMO better built trucks than the new Vaterra company, I am not putting Vaterra down but, they still have some improving to do and i feel if your not wanting to get discouraged right out the gate then buy an Axial BATTLE TESTED AND APPROVED even is bone stock form
I have gone out every weekend trailing with a big group of people my twin hammers is still stock and outlast the scx10's and wraith. While everyone is down I am still driving around my TH. Also it is waterproof mine has been completely submerged a ton of times.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wraith hands down !!!!!!!!!! the twin hammer looks just like a cheap toy ... it kinda reminds me of hpi's trophy 1/18 truck but with a 399$ price tag
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hayabusafmw
Wraith hands down !!!!!!!!!! the twin hammer looks just like a cheap toy ... it kinda reminds me of hpi's trophy 1/18 truck but with a 399$ price tag
X2
Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrianVTRMiller
Hey Matt - If you do end up getting the Twin Hammers, drop me a line if you have any questions. Hey even if you go the Wraith route, I'd be happy to help you out however I can. It's the perfect time for you to be getting into the scaler/rock racer market. Lots of options and aftermarket goodies. Also, we'll be doing some shop visits next month in VA and NC and would be happy to let you wheel a Twin Hammers if you haven't decided by then. Who's your LHS? -Brian
I appreciate the offer dude! Unfortunately I have no lhs as I'm kinda in a dead zone for rc. I am right next to Lynchburg, va. Lmk if you will be within an hour or two and I would take a road trip.

To the guys calling the vaterra cheap I think you need to read more reviews. The th is getting better reviews than the wraith rtr did when it came out. And the vaterra has some nice features too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.