Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy ! >

Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !

Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !

Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I took these with my phone but I thought they didn't look that great till I downloaded, figured I'd share these as well.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

For the few whom are following this thread, seems to be little intrest in this level of building here and IDK why, Bunch of closed minded sissyboy RTR fans I guess ?

Anyway, update and change of plans;

I've torn the entire 6X6 down to zero and have decided to reconfigure the axles to the standard o--oo axle layout, The #1 & #3 axles will steer only. I also stripped all the paint off the brass work and beefing up and lenthening the bed boom and the tow apperatus. I also have made a entirely new rear bumper thats much heavier duty and scale in size. Have plans for a crawl meet the 29th and hope to have it done and get video.

I will be posting a new batch of pics sometime this weekend.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

I finished up the last of the revamped brass work this afternoon, may not look like much is different but believe me I added a lot to beef everything up. Extending the boom required some additional braces and the much heavier duty hooks on the tow rig were warranted.

Now time to start putting everything back together, again

New Heavy Duty Bumper

The newly braced and re-hooked tow apparatus

I tweaked this last time trying to get my buddies Hilux unstuck, with the new improved design and length plus the braces this thing should be rock solid now.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

My first edited video, be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5K4gSSk6Q

Old 07-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Man that is the best of the best and the best build thread, the man has got some serious skills, LMFAO rtr sissyboys lol, so funny, good stuff,,,Well all i can say is YOU DA MAN keep the details and pics coming cause you at least have my attn
Old 07-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

@ MrTRX; thanks for the kind word dude, glad you like and can appreciate the labor involved.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Video from a small get together today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ7OGfupPJ4
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Nice video, man she moves so smooth through the trails,, lol like she's on air, i really love the way she turns, oh and looks like your body and all held up in the roll over, that xtra work on the cage was well worth it, really nice,,lol to bad nobody broke down lol,,,man those axles move with grace and firmness no slop, very tight but flexible, just right,,great job, I am diggin it
Old 08-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR.TRAXXAS
Nice video, man she moves so smooth through the trails,, lol like she's on air, i really love the way she turns, oh and looks like your body and all held up in the roll over, that xtra work on the cage was well worth it, really nice,,lol to bad nobody broke down lol,,,man those axles move with grace and firmness no slop, very tight but flexible, just right,,great job, I am diggin it
Your to kind or just sick in the head like me

Thanks Bro,
J.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Old 08-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Ben working on my 6x6 and adding a few things, I'm ventilating the electronic compartment with a small fan and exhaust outlet. Unfortunately with it being so well sealed it gets pretty warm in there, the temps aren't crazy or anything but I figure it wouldn't hurt to get some air in there, it'll be on a switch as well so it's not on constantly.

Also putting together some Blue and Red LED's so when I'm towing something I can hit a switch for the "caution lights" Would cool if they would blink or flash but o-well.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hey bro look on ebay, they have red,blue flashing led light bars that would maybe suit your needs,, and yeah i am very sick, got a hobby shop and living room of scalers and all that comes with,,lol but its all good cuase my wife and 3 daughters are getting sicker every time we go hit a trail lol, you know theres no meds for this addiction, just thought i would share that, i think i'm gonna post a build thread soon, inspired by this awesome thread,,
GOOD SHIT
Old 08-03-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR.TRAXXAS
Hey bro look on ebay, they have red,blue flashing led light bars that would maybe suit your needs,, and yeah i am very sick, got a hobby shop and living room of scalers and all that comes with,,lol but its all good cuase my wife and 3 daughters are getting sicker every time we go hit a trail lol, you know theres no meds for this addiction, just thought i would share that, i think i'm gonna post a build thread soon, inspired by this awesome thread,,
GOOD SHIT
@ MrTRX; I've seen the lights your refering to but I have tons of LED's in my treasure drawer and will be making my own mainly due to conserving cost. Thanks.
Good for you that you have the kids into the hobby as well, lucky man !

Far as meds for the addiction ? Take 2 scalers and call me in the morning (Doctor joke)
Old 08-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Exhaust Stacks, 1/2" diameter

Insert sound effects........blub blub blub blub blub

Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Ben busy the last week when I had spare time, Installed LOTS of LED's and got the stacks painted and installed. I'm running the LED's off a switches in a "control panel" I made and all is powered with a small axillary 1000mah Thunder Power 2s Lipo.

I also have added 21oz to the wheels because when I raised the cab the 1/4" I haven't ben happy with how the COG was compromised, this should more than bring it back to where it needs to be.

I also added a lot of brass work, the roll cage for the bed was a ton of fun to make and made it in such a way I can carry a couple of spare tires without needing anything to secure them. They just wedge in between the bars and go no where. I also made a window on the winch box cover so I can peek at the spool without having to remove the entire cover.

Heres a short video showing the caution lights while towing/recovering a truck and actuation of the towing device.

You Tube Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVEx_0KG7e0

Tow bar can be stored on the bed via a couple body clips when not in use

The new brass work on the bed, I'm trying to be humble but I'm pretty proud of this.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.