Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Used crawler/scaler prices >

Used crawler/scaler prices

Used crawler/scaler prices

Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No offense, but I think some of you guys are a little out of touch with what this stuff costs to buy. Sure you can get bargains around but here is a little heads up for you.

The car itself is a 2.4ghz RTR . $360

)Mayhem Monsters re-machined.Mounted but never ran. $90 or $120 (1.9 or 2.2)
2)Pitbull tires.Brand new only mounted. $70 for two pair
3)Proline shocks on all four corners. $88 a set
4)Proline 4 door Jeep Jk body.Cut but not painted. $44
5)Front and rear Dh fab Jeep Jk bumpers. AUD$33 each, say US65 the pair
6)Tacoma stickers for the Honcho body. $25?
7)Axial aluminum link set. $65

Thats $837 in parts before you factor shipping, time to install etc.
Asking $600.00 isn't unreasonable considering its RTR and all the hard work has been done.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stewbaru
No offense, but I think some of you guys are a little out of touch with what this stuff costs to buy. Sure you can get bargains around but here is a little heads up for you.

Asking $600.00 isn't unreasonable considering its RTR and all the hard work has been done.
did you read the add? an RTR scx10, half the stuff is not on the truck and it has the rtr electronics. the jeep body is not painted, the bumpers are not even on it, and its still used. no matter if its been driven 10 minutes or 10 hours its still used and no one is going to spend more then what they can but a new one for then customize there way. COuld that guy get $ 600 out of it. shure if he parted it out. but selling as a package means you wont get full used price for everything. ive seen custom 1 off rtr or artr scalers go for $250-$400 and they had more time into custom tube work etc. used prices are not what the owner thinks its worth its what someone will pay for it and my opinion noone is going to pay $600+ for a scaler when you can buy one new for half that.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Um, yes, i read the add, I even colour coded some of it.

Yes its an RTR SCX10 - the 2.4Ghz version with the AE-2 ESC (the 2s Lipo capable, Axial branded Castle creations sidewinder) and 15kg Servo.

Most of the parts listed, fitted or not, are quality pieces of gear, not Turnigy or some other busted-arse chinese cheap alloy knock offs.

I also said it wasn't an unreasonable price, I didn't say folks should BUY-IT-NOW!!
I too have seen them cheaper (and more) expensive and actually deal in the kits themselves, as well as owning four crawling comp scale trucks, but hey, what would I know.

I bow to your awesomeness.

Heh, you sold an RTR to buy a kit and"do it your way". You were half way there with the RTR, or didn't you read the box?

Out.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

My. 02. If you think someone is asking too much. Don't buy it. Don't complain about it either. What I've seen is this. When we sell stuff we think its worth more. When we buy stuff we think its worth less. In my opinion used stuff is usually worth about half of new but sometimes when things have soooo much aftermarket upgrades on it its harder to price.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

the same with every thread like this. the buyer wants to pay half or less for someone elses hard work. if u want a good hobby grade vehicle, YOU go spend the $800+ it costs to make one urs. don't bash people trying to get back something on there investment. upgrades and time costed the original owner alot.

coming from someone who has bought and sold alot and lost my a$$ on most.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stewbaru

According to your logic and % ROI, I should be able to get about $1250 for my Wraith. That seems unreasonable to me, and I know exactly what it cost to build it.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offtraxx
the same with every thread like this. the buyer wants to pay half or less for someone elses hard work. if u want a good hobby grade vehicle, YOU go spend the $800+ it costs to make one urs. don't bash people trying to get back something on there investment. upgrades and time costed the original owner alot.

coming from someone who has bought and sold alot and lost my a$$ on most.
I agree, I used all VP products instead of cheap products on mine due to issues with the cheap stuff. I have over 1100 in mine and it is comp ready. Build a custom tube chassis that works and you will see why you will pay 500 plus for it. Hours of labor, gas, materials. I have more money in my axles than a stock scx10 for stuff that you will have to upgrade. Buy one spend the money and then see how much you have in it when it breaks. 800 is an average for an SCX10 let a lone a class 3 build like I have.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sdtech58
According to your logic and % ROI, I should be able to get about $1250 for my Wraith. That seems unreasonable to me, and I know exactly what it cost to build it.
My Sportsman2.2 has over $900 in it.
Team Brood Hand wound
Bender SWX Chassis
MIP CVDs
Junfac Driveshafts
Fulll Robinson Racing trans
VP Clockable C's, knuckles
Traxxas Big Bores front and rear
Beef toobs
32P gears
Solid rear axle w/ Axial Al rear lockouts
Micro Mamba ESC
7955 TG Servo
Custom steering
Futaba 4PL.

Excluding the radio I have over $900 in it when you include all the fix and replace, maybe a grand, I could reasonably get $400 for it.

My brother has a full VP/BWD/Team Brood XR10 worth over $2.5K.

Collectively our cars might get $1000 on the open market.

What are tehy worth to us, heaps more, to you maybe nothing. But thats the nature of the FST threads. Its a buyers market, what someone considers its worth, is what it is worth.

End of the day, the $600 SCX10 is now being parted out, and the seller may get closer to his asking price....

$600 wasn't unreasonabl for a newcomer wanting to buy a runner, I see $450 in it myself, as (I believe) I have a good idea of 1st and 2nd hand value.

each to their own , in the nd.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I agree with you. It is for sure a buyers market. I don't fault a guy for trying to get some of his money back, but sometimes it is just way over the top. Not necessarily in this case, but in general.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you are patient enough there are some good deals out there. I picked up an original (am radio) SCX10 Honcho RTR off Craigslist for $100. I agree with the op that crawler and scaler prices are pretty unrealistic. Right now on Seattle
Craigslist there are a few nice but unremarkable AX10s going for 350-500 dollars. Is anybody actually buying these?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transambill
The XR10 I would pass on, one of the first things you should replace are the plastic links and it still has them. You can get the kit for $150 and add your own electronics/hop up's.

The SCX10 is nice but no mention of what the electronics are and it's listed as RTR so I'm assuming it has Axial's shitty electronics. PASS

Not bashing either rig but personally for that kind of money I would build my own.

One is a comp crawler and one is a scaler, what is your friend wanting one for, competeing or bashing/trail running?
Axials "**** electronics" are fine for a scaler, you must be a **** "basher". The gig radio is fine, the AE-2 speedo is a Castle and can be programmed to your liking. My sons SCX has had the plastic-links on it for almost 4-years. Comp-rigs are dead............

Last edited by roadrashracing2; 04-28-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: language
Old 04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like this freakin guy....sheeesh

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...10-pickup.html
Old 04-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tozovr
Fricken New Englanders!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridepate
Axials "**** electronics" are fine for a scaler, you must be a **** "basher". The gig radio is fine, the AE-2 speedo is a Castle and can be programmed to your liking. My sons SCX has had the plastic-links on it for almost 4-years. Comp-rigs are dead............
No I'm not a basher, I don't dump the kind of money I do into a rig unless I'm competeing with it. The AE-2 speedo is fine for a RTR and the ecs is OK but very limited, there electronic motors and servo's are garbage. I've spent $1000's on Axial gear thru out the years so I've earned the rite to call it what it is, throw away garbage. Yes your kid may be happy with plastic links on a rig to play around with at home but for us who know how they should perform and are not happy when we get our rigs into a bind and the crappy plastic links become spaghetti, we tell other people of our experiences so they can make the call to replace them or weather there fine for the kind of driveing they do.
The rig I made reference to had plastic upper links, the same links that are suppose to keep your axles centered under the chassis. Plastic links bend and flex and the more they do that the worse they become and will bend/flex more easily over time so there not doing what they were designed to do. On the wraith the plastic steering links if left alone flex and give you too much steering or swing and the dogbones fail causeing you to break stock hubs and knuckles.Your really only going to run into this problem if you've replaced axials servo, which you will cause after a couple packs, like there motors, it will die on you. That servo can barely handle 1.9's on a scaler let alone 2.2's on a heavy rig like the wraith
Go to RCcrawler and read up on it, you'll see that Im rite.
I agree in my area comp crawling is dead. Like racing it became a money game and if you don't have the latest and greatest gear your not competative anymore. I got out of it simply because I didn't like driveing for 2 hours to get to a comp for only 15 minutes of drive time.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The stock Axial servo's have always done GREAT for me even with big 1.9 boggers and weighted wheels. On an SCX10 I've never felt limited by one any more than, say, a Hitec 645. On a Wraith with weighted 2.2's it's a whole new deal. the ESC is a great little unit IMHO. Had a few and liked them a lot. The motors are no more than what they are...closed endbell stock motors. All of this stuff is MORE than enough for a true scaler. My scalers tend to get pushed a bit more, just like we used to push our 1:1's. You look at the AMAZING stuff the guys at the Scale Builders Guild are building and you'll see plenty of Integy 35T lathe motors and basic ESC's...when driven in a true scale fashion, you won't break them. When pushed they perform well too. Watching the TTC compes on youtube etc you see guys definitely not driving in a scale fashion LOL

At the end of the day the market will bear what folks will pay. I too think stuff goes for insane $$ on ebay etc, not to say folks don't have 3x that much wrapped up in them.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.