Wiki Posts
Search

MIP THREAD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default MIP THREAD!!!!!

Hi guys, this is Matt over at Morre's Ideal Products better known as MIP. I would like to start a new MIP based thread so I can get some feedback about our products. The good, the bad, and everything in-between, bring it all on ! I'm the customer service/ tech guy over here so if you have any questions, or need help, make sure to hit me up.

We also have a couple new products in the works, the first of which is our Realshocks Bypass 1 product. Check out Velocity RC Magazine's vid for a detailed overview with Eustace Moore (MIP Owner).

visit vrcmag.com for the vid

Enjoy!

Regards,

Matt
Customer Service/Tech Support
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well i must say i see one problem with MIP...theres no TAMIYA PARTS!!! ..........what are us tamiya guys gonna do...buy the "other guys" total junky stuff!! we need some parts for the cc01..id totally buy it if you made it..need hubs and knuckles that allow for more steering in the front end...and maybe some proper 4 links for the rear!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by evader-fan-69
well i must say i see one problem with MIP...theres no TAMIYA PARTS!!! ..........what are us tamiya guys gonna do...buy the "other guys" total junky stuff!! we need some parts for the cc01..id totally buy it if you made it..need hubs and knuckles that allow for more steering in the front end...and maybe some proper 4 links for the rear!
Send me some links to different parts your reffering to. Whats the following on the CC01?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=392 thats a proper style 4 link for the rear end.

http://www.gpmracing-parts.com/shop/...-90016653.html the steering "upgrade" to fix the slop..only problem is...it gets sloppy just as fast..

some cvd's for the front that can work at extreme angles would be nice. also new front knuckles that allow for more steering throw..these things cannot turn on a dime...take about 3 feet to make a circle

im not 100% sure how big the following is but check rc4wd..the threads are just constant on the cc01 and cr01...us scaler kind of guys will bend over backwards for something thats scale, functional, and cool
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Couldnt agree more some knuckles that beadlocks dont rub on would be swell...
I love CC01's for there low center of gravity and well there easy for interior builds..But some hop ups from you guys would be awsome.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Whats the following on the CC01?
I think that there's a very large following of CC01s.
Most everybody I know has at least one.
They're just fun rigs!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kwkride
I think that there's a very large following of CC01s.
Most everybody I know has at least one.
They're just fun rigs!
The things look awesome! I've always been a fan of scale rock crawlers just always been on the racing side of RC. I'm forwarding everything to our engineers and going to do some digging on kit distribution #'s. Keep the posts coming with product woes and no no's, send over links and pictures of what you guys would like see MIP give some all American love too
Old 03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've got one and you'll sell them as fast as you can produce them.
CV axle shafts for Wraith axles. Axials are OK but never in stock anywhere and all the other ones produced by the aftermarket have been junk so far.
I've bought 3 axle sets now just for the CV shafts and that gets a little expensive at $130 a pop.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by transambill
CV axle shafts for Wraith axles. Axials are OK but never in stock anywhere and all the other ones produced by the aftermarket have been junk so far.
I've bought 3 axle sets now just for the CV shafts and that gets a little expensive at $130 a pop.
I know we have centers for you guys
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

just an update for ya matt. i dremled the rear stops off the factory plastic c hubs and the dog bones just shoot out like bullets. so with an updated knuckle or hub to get better turning, you should really suggest that people get some kind of cv shaft..i know you guys make some bad arse cv shafts!! i would really suggest that your r and d guys look online at some of the mods that people are doing at home as a diy project. ive already started loping off parts of the chassis with my cutoff wheel attachment. mostly pay attention to the front and rear wheel arches...most guys are cutting them out before the even build it up. just make sure that the possible upgrades will work without the wheel arches (fender wells)
Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by evader-fan-69
just an update for ya matt. i dremled the rear stops off the factory plastic c hubs and the dog bones just shoot out like bullets. so with an updated knuckle or hub to get better turning, you should really suggest that people get some kind of cv shaft..i know you guys make some bad arse cv shafts!! i would really suggest that your r and d guys look online at some of the mods that people are doing at home as a diy project. ive already started loping off parts of the chassis with my cutoff wheel attachment. mostly pay attention to the front and rear wheel arches...most guys are cutting them out before the even build it up. just make sure that the possible upgrades will work without the wheel arches (fender wells)
PICS
Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

ill try to get you some of what ive done with the c hubs but i dont have an origional one so ill just have to link it to ya. and also the chassis pics ill send a pic of an uncut chassis that i will draw some lines on microsoft paint. i may need an e-mail for some of the paint pics tho

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=499
also check this out^^^...this is pretty much what some guys are doin..this may give you some ideas. it shows how people are cuttin up the chassis and also how they are getting some more steering. i dont like making the front end wider because it kinda loses the "scale" look imo. but that article is how im starting my build..this is going to be a slow build tho..i wanna do it right so later i dont regret it.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Matt,

Bring back the Axial MIP driveshafts and make more of the repair kits.
Drive shafts were the sh!z and the rebuild kits are just not available when yo need them.

Those AX10 CVD's are the dux nuts if your not going to spring for super300's, don't ever stop making them. I run them in my Tuff Truck, SpM, scaler and the FOFF.

I'd love to agency them for you in Australia, just for the crawling public.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transambill
+1 for the Wraith CV axles. If they are your usual quality, you won't be able to make enough.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sdtech58
+1 for the Wraith CV axles. If they are your usual quality, you won't be able to make enough.
I just talked to the engineer and we actually have the solid work models and measurement to make both the ax10 and wraith axles. The thing is the original design on both cars limits us to beefing up the drive train so we actually came up with an entire front end . The hubs would be billet, steering arms, everything dealing with the outside of the axle would be MIP . But after much discussion we decided to scrap the project .... The problem was is that the cost to the consumer would be to great just for a front end kit. The retail in your hobby store would have been around 165 bucks . We didn't think anyone would buy such an expensive product. What do you guys think. Do you think there would be a market for 165 dollar upgrade?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.