Search

Traxxas Summit Crawling tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Summit Crawling tires

I'm interested in getting some more crawl specific tires for my Summit, but am at a loss as to what makes a good crawler. As far as usual crawling areas, it would be rock and dirt/mud. Not likely beach type sand and not likely hard packed dirt. I've seen people putting rc4wd.com Rok Locks on but wanted other choices also. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

you can either contact www.crawlerinnovations.com and see if he can make you a set of pit bull rock beasts to fit your rims or any of the other guys over on www.rccrawler.com that do custom cut whels
Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

What makes a good crawler, is a real crawler....Tires ai'nt gonna help a Summit....
Old 03-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridepate
What makes a good crawler, is a real crawler....Tires ai'nt gonna help a Summit....
Summit is an amazing rig for crawling/bashing.... Not EVERYONE is into the limitations of scalers... I think they are cool as hell myself, just not practical... The videos I watch are cool... But at the end of the day, they CANNOT do what many other r/c vehicles do (ex. Summit).... They do a better job of mimicking 1:1 trail riding... Which like I said, that's cool, just not everyone's cup-o-tea...
Old 03-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

+1 I'll agree w/u on that bro! I've read that the Trenchers are pretty decent, not sure from experience how they'd hold up w/crawling but I had them on my Savage & they were a night & day difference, hooked up great in all conditions, over rocks loose dirt, sand etc....... That's all personal preference, I luv the look of the scalers too, its awesome to see them in action. I just sold my Wraith & went back to a Summit a week ago, I've had a Summit before & I wanted to try the scale crawler scene for a while, it wasn't bad & the realism was awesome, but after I made the switch back to the Summit I'm still very impressed w/its crawling capabilities & the quickness! I hopped up the Wraith a bit but the Summit still does things my scaler could never do & would flip over long before my Summit does! Mind you I'm not the biggest Traxxas fan from experience but I'm still impressed w/the Summit & give Traxxas some props on the design & I've never had an issue w/it, now they need to come out w/a scaler as well, I'd like to see that.