Axial Wraith

Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

these last couple of posts really got me down... i have been back and fourth between the wraith and the SCX 10.... guess i need to go with old faithful for my first axial.

how is axial about replacing parts? i know traxxas will take care of almost anything.....
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

This looks like a sweet ride! I tried crawling and it was cool, but my buddy had a trail truck. The Honcho seemed a bit more of a versitial truck. Crawled great, bashed, and all around good truck. This looks more along them lines
Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sixohh
these last couple of posts really got me down... i have been back and fourth between the wraith and the SCX 10.... guess i need to go with old faithful for my first axial.

how is axial about replacing parts? i know traxxas will take care of almost anything.....
This was off of RCC, and to tell you the truth, he is 100% correct!

Originally Posted by rbgerrish
Sounds like you had some bad luck to me, which happens with any RC. There's always going to be a percentage of defects/assembly mistakes, that's production. After watching about 10 of them run hard at the WCC, I can say they are amazingly tough and awesome performers.
If you look at any car, truck, boat, whatever, you will ALWAYS hear about the bad more then the good... So I say screw it, if you want a Wraith (I know I do) then get one!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It looks awesome, but built real cheap IMO.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy81
This was off of RCC, and to tell you the truth, he is 100% correct!

If you look at any car, truck, boat, whatever, you will ALWAYS hear about the bad more then the good... So I say screw it, if you want a Wraith (I know I do) then get one!
I'm not really bashing Axial, lord knows they've gotten a good deal of my bussiness and will continue to do so. It's just the Wraith I got had way to much damage to it rite outta the box and thats after preordering it months in advance and waiting to get it only to find out it was broken on arrival and spare parts at the time were far and few between. Didnt feal like starting the waiting process all over again for warrentied parts to show up for a RTR that I had never even gotten to run.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transambill
I'm not really bashing Axial, lord knows they've gotten a good deal of my bussiness and will continue to do so. It's just the Wraith I got had way to much damage to it rite outta the box and thats after preordering it months in advance and waiting to get it only to find out it was broken on arrival and spare parts at the time were far and few between. Didnt feal like starting the waiting process all over again for warrentied parts to show up for a RTR that I had never even gotten to run.
Sounds more like first run manufacturing issues, seeing most of the world will not have these in store till the end of July, you can think yourself lucky or unlucky to have gotten one so early. Me, i'm still tossing up weather to wait for the Wraith or to buy a Scorpion now and start playing.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Sounds more like first run manufacturing issues, seeing most of the world will not have these in store till the end of July, you can think yourself lucky or unlucky to have gotten one so early. Me, i'm still tossing up weather to wait for the Wraith or to buy a Scorpion now and start playing.
Will maybe, but QC must of been sleeping that day. They should of never let one out the door that had damage to both the TX and rig itself
As for the Scorpion versus Wraith there totally different rigs. The Scorpion is more like a comp crawler and the Wraith is a basher. The Scorpion is going to be hard to find parts for or hop up's. The Wraith on the other hand will eventully be easy to buy parts for like all Axial rigs with a large aftermarket following.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

Just took my new wraith out for its first test run,well,what can I say,truck is nice,but the elects are junk,just what I figured.and the steering linkage needs to be metal.but the truck will be a monster when im done.I own the ax10,and honcho also,for the cash,i think the honcho is the best value.happy crawling]
Old 09-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Axial Wraith, full option
Attached Thumbnails Axial Wraith-d2x_6573_resize.jpg  
Old 09-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I just got mine today, anyone know what parts or hop ups are a necessity? Looks like it's gonna be fun
Old 09-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by harydog5150
I just got mine today, anyone know what parts or hop ups are a necessity? Looks like it's gonna be fun

Check on RCcrawler.com! Heaps of info on there and it has a dedicated thread!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Check out YouTube Axial Wraith. I did got loads of info. Hay props to Team STRC "SWEET RIDE" Got mine about 3 weeks ago and had parts on order befor i got it. Ran it stock for about 10 min. w/2s lipo and seemed a little lame IMP speed was nill to none (and i know that it is more of a crawler/trial racer then a basher of some sort. It did craw OK i guess. Anyway with all the hop ups and all i am very happy with my WRAITH loven it and can not get enought of it.
Went with Tekin RS - brushless 13.5 with 25t P & stock 80t S. Still not fast enought so i replaced it with a 8.5 with 19t P & 80t S. Now were talking wheelies on demand set spedo in duel mode elimitated drag brake FR/RE with delay and still crawls pretty dam good concerding high COG. Shocks work great med. spring w/20w oil and running them upsidedown. Waiting for Micky Thompson BAJA CLAWS with Dick Cepek Alum. IBL wheels at 3oz plus should make a world of difference concerning crawling.
Considering an XR10 to do some serious crawling but seeing that this all new to me i am going to thke it slow. Tried to send pics. failed.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harydog5150
I have one for trail and ligth crawling,
I changed steering links By titanium, softest springs from axial and new tires, Proline chisel for me but you can have the axial R35 . I added 5.5 oz in front and 3 at rear and it s great
Electronic is ok, change it when it s dead. Stock motor died after 3 hours of crawling and trail on 2S lipo.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Rookie

I just took my new Axial Wraith out yesterday and I already broke it while crawling out at a Atv Park I got into a bind and gased it and hit a tree and it broke both sterring knuckles. But the thing that got me the worst is that Axial did not put all of my truck together they foregot to put a right rear axle pin for the 12mm hub to slide over. At first I assumed it was locked in the rear and it wasnt till i put a pin in there.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Anyone looking to buy a Wraith. I have one thast has had 1 battery pack through it. I used it on the local rocks, and it just wasn't designed to do the hard core rock course. It is an awesome truck otherwise. It does have some scratches and a little minor rash here and there.
Send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,
Stephen

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.