Axial Wraith

Old 04-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just curious.
If i were to drop in a 20t motor in a trail ready chassis (CC01, SCX10, safari creeper etc), bump it up with a 3S lipo, wouldnt it be another rock racer like the wraith?

20T for enough torque at low speed, 3S for higer top speed.
Coupled that with some adjustment on the esc or TX to lower the throttle profile during the intial throttle movement, you would have best of both worlds.

Really hope axial would have a remote 2 speed tranny (something like summit)
Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ???man
Just curious.
If i were to drop in a 20t motor in a trail ready chassis (CC01, SCX10, safari creeper etc), bump it up with a 3S lipo, wouldnt it be another rock racer like the wraith?

20T for enough torque at low speed, 3S for higer top speed.
Coupled that with some adjustment on the esc or TX to lower the throttle profile during the intial throttle movement, you would have best of both worlds.

Really hope axial would have a remote 2 speed tranny (something like summit)
I'm sure the suspension on the wraith will be alot better suited for rock racing
Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Picked up a honcho a month ago I should have waited for the Wraith. looks like an awsome rock racer !!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

I love the offset pumpkins on the axles. Better ground clearance.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

After seeing a lot of videos of the 1:1 rigs that it closely resembles, this really is starting to look really cool!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

So for myself the "rock crawler" portion of the RC world never really drew my interest, but I just pre ordered one of these.

Couple questions:

A. Is a "rock racer" a capable rock crawler as well?

B. Does this model have something like a hi/lo transmission for general bashing and seperate gearing for specific rock crawling?

C. Could someone explain the DIG tranny upgrade? This probably ties into the above question I asked.

D. I understand this is a 2WS only model. Will it at least have the nice suspension articulation of a dedicated rock crawler or be close at least?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah, the Rock Racers are capable crawlers, but they are NOT a comp. crawler..cant speak for this one yet of course...

If you're asking does it have a 2-speed tranny? I dont think it does but Axial may surprise us?

What the dig does is allow you to engage another servo that will allow the rear wheels to lock in place but allows the front wheels to turn...kinda turns the front like a skid-steer bobcat... You will see what I mean toward the end of this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzM0g-qC_OE

I'm sure from the factory these machines will have good articulation but if you arent happy with what comes factory, make some changes and figure out your personal setup that suits what you're doing As with anything else, one man's setup isnt always the golden ticket for everyone. Some guys like droop and some like it (lmao) "stiff". I dont care for the droop setup, but I'm running a scaler. When I was running a AX-10 I ran droop. Just all depends on your style and what you're doing with it. Good Luck!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

What exactly is the difference between the new Wraith and say the SCX10 which looks to be basically the same type of vehicle? Advantages/disadvantages between the 2?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Cant answer the advantages to disadvantages performance wise. Looks to have the same chassis and the electronics as the SCX-10 stock, but the axles are different. Not sure if the tranny will be different? I honestly think we'll have to wait and see the truck in person before we (general public) can really give a opinion of one to the other. Looks killer though. Thing I really like is it comes stock to look like a Jeep Tuber... I'm sure too they'll have it setup so it's more capable a crawler than the honcho or dingo.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adrian_pg
Wow... ''Wraith'' or ''Weird'' design for a crossbreed.... I dont think the plastic composite might out stand for hard bashing... The Drive Shaft will giveway first.... I rather stick to my electric truggy...
Actually not... the role cage is very thick and the drive shaft wont give out soon...
Old 05-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

any word on when this will be available ? it looks awesome .
Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

AMain hobbies is showing they'll be in stock June 10. Right now they're all on pre-order but I thought the guys who pre-order would get theirs around the end of May...not sure.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chicken_M109R
Cant answer the advantages to disadvantages performance wise. Looks to have the same chassis and the electronics as the SCX-10 stock, but the axles are different. Not sure if the tranny will be different? I honestly think we'll have to wait and see the truck in person before we (general public) can really give a opinion of one to the other. Looks killer though. Thing I really like is it comes stock to look like a Jeep Tuber... I'm sure too they'll have it setup so it's more capable a crawler than the honcho or dingo.
Wish they had the wraith in kit unassembled form. THats my only gripe so far. Im gonna get one either way though I think.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

This is one of the Sickest "Anything" thats come out in a while!!!! If any of you guy's subscribe to RC Car Action, the Wraith is featured in the June issue and will answer alot of questions. And for once,there is more than a couple of pages talking about the truck!

This thing is an everything,everywhere kind of truck. It's hard to not keep looking at at I'm lucky enough to have an rc track in my back yard, but after see these I think where going to build a insane rock racing/crawling track with all the dirt!! This truck is going to take off in a big way!!! As soon as these are sitting on LHS shelfs, where people can really get a close up look at her it will be all over I'm already looking for a Crazy looking driver for the truck. Guess I'll start in the WWF section on fleabay
Old 05-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Wish they had the wraith in kit unassembled form. THats my only gripe so far.
Likewise. If it was a kit, I'd pre-order it in a heartbeat.

Oh wait, gotta get spousal approval first...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.