R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room

Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Losi Strike RTR Crawler Conversion

Hi everyone. This may sound crazy, but I'm actually thinking of converting my Losi Strike RTR into a crawler. What things can be done to do this if it is even possible?
Paldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCaddict0

It can be mad into a MT, but a crawler not so much. The suspention isnt set up right. With enough mods anythings possable thou. But I actually liked the Strike. Titanium links/rods and a brushless system. I liked it over the Slash.
RCaddict0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCaddict0 View Post
It can be mad into a MT, but a crawler not so much. The suspention isnt set up right. With enough mods anythings possable thou. But I actually liked the Strike. Titanium links/rods and a brushless system. I liked it over the Slash.
I guess we have different thoughts about this car. I actually did enjoy it but would like to take the challenge of turning it into a crawler. The thing that annoys me the most, is that I have no idea on what a crawler chassis looks like. I dont know what parts I would be able to use from the strike or what mods I could make to some parts to make them crawling parts. More help would be great .

P.S. If you have any pictures of the chassis of a crawler that you might have (not necessarily yours, just a common crawler), it would be very helpful.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Tech Elite

A crawler chassie is like two plates. The Cassie is nothing alike.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDIQ9QEwBg
Old 02-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

See, but im not really looking to make one of those rc crawlers. I know I said that, sry if I confused you. Im looking more to make it into one of those that go through the mud and does those kinds of things, like rcadventures in youtube.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Like a Scale Crawler? I guess you could look into raising the suspention somwhow, Get some beefy wheels. That would be a good start Id think. Dont have any crawlers, scale crawlers nor have I ever built one. So my advice is kinda just guesses and general thought. Maybe some crawler wheels w/beadlocks and setting the suspention up as high as you could get it might get ya around some trails. Maybe some one who builds these would have better ideas. Just Bashin MTs here.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #7

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to *Super*

By the time your done moding that truck you could have built one from scratch. That's what you are gonna end up doing any way. First off, independent suspension doesn't work very good for what you want.You would want your truck to be four wheel drive. I would just sell the SCT and buy a trail truck, you'll be way happier in the end.
*Super* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Super* View Post
I would just sell the SCT and buy a trail truck, you'll be way happier in the end.
But the thing is, that probably no one will buy the strike because of Losi's new releases, so I might as well use the money I put into my vehicle and use it to make it an offroader. Even if it is 2wd, im sure it is still as fun as with a 4wd. What are some good ways of getting the suspension to get higher? Higher shocks? And the suspension, if im not mistake, has to be set at the softest, right? What about the engine. Is the engine the part that uses the electricity? Because I have 2 lipos which could be used for this.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #9
Tech Rookie

The losi strike would SUCK as a crawler no matter what you did to it like the previous posters stated! Only thing you could do is lock the diff, put shock spacers in, and run a brushless motor full throttle to get through the type of mud he does on his rcadventures vids. Those are all 4wd with straight axles and off road/ crawler chassis and suspension. Sorry to shoot down crawling with a strike but it's 2wd with low clearance and independent suspension with an open diff. Like one of the previous posters recommended sell it for a loss and buy a scx10 or other truck similar. It would be worth your time to save up if you had to.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote