R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Crawler Room (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room-151/)
-   -   this place is pretty dead! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room/473135-place-pretty-dead.html)

marvinbeaverdip 01-19-2011 07:28 PM

this place is pretty dead!

I can't believe my post is still on the front page still! I went over to rccrawler, but it's too bad there's not much discussion going on here too. Lots of those guys don't know about RCtech, and I just had to tell a newbie over there looking for a Rig to come over here. They have a rule that new members have to wait 30 days and have 30 posts to even SEE the for sale ads. oh, and you can't comment on the for sale ads either.. so you have to do PM sales only. I'm not a big fan.

Bjeepn 01-19-2011 07:36 PM

rccrawler

Its because of the spam ,That is the only reason ,You could pay 20.00 and get a star ,then you can have full access and get a chance of some killer giveaways .it is the only crawler site if you want real help and unlimited parts supply .either sportsman or pro class crawlers

Bjeepn 01-19-2011 07:39 PM

rc crawler

And you can also meet some of the best fabricators in industry ,as well as the BEST crawlers in the WORLD.

marvinbeaverdip 01-19-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bjeepn (Post 8515531)
Its because of the spam ,That is the only reason ,You could pay 20.00 and get a star ,then you can have full access and get a chance of some killer giveaways .it is the only crawler site if you want real help and unlimited parts supply .either sportsman or pro class crawlers

oh no doubt, I've already found lots of info, talked to some motor builders, and bought a star so I could see the ads. I just dislike the way you can't comment on for sale threads. I PM'd about buying an HH motor this morning, never heard back, and noticed that it was edited as "sold" 30 mins after I sent my PM saying I'd buy it. It has some aspects that this site could really use, and has a few I just don't like. I guess nothing is perfect.

Stewbaru 01-19-2011 10:36 PM

48,580 members can't be all wrong?

SO what if you can't comment on a FST, doing so would imply that the seller is sitting at his machine, refreshing every ten seconds, just to see your message that you've PM'ed him.....

I have bought heaps of gear from these threads, despite a time difference of 11hours...I'm in Australia.

As for this place being dead, its hardly surprising, given every thread started in here will invariably get referred to RCC for more/better/concise/ useful information. :nod:

Its a wonder other forums exist for crawling.

sliding_josh 01-28-2011 10:16 PM

Yeah I paid for the 20 bucks for the gold star, and replied to a FS thread and got Banned from the FS thread cant even post up items for sale!

WTF!

gapjr 01-29-2011 07:42 AM

I know some guys don't like the way RCcrawlers classifieds are set up but it just plain seems to work. Look in the feedback section there and the feedback section here. ALOT lower percentage of bad deals, ripoffs and scammers on there. Hell, I'd love to see the classifieds on Scale4x4.com but they require 300 posts and a year membership! I'd never reach that because I've been in the hobby over 20 years and use the search button so I don't have alot of questions. That combined with the fact that I don't have time to do online write ups of my builds made me realize I'd never see those classifieds but I guarantee they don't get many if any scammers there because of that.

Sliding Josh, I've seen you on RCcrawler. When I was new on there and didn't know the forum rules, I also accidentally posted in someone else's for sale ad but I was only warned by a moderator. I apoligized, explained I was a newbie to the site and never had an issue again. Wonder why they banned you from the classifieds :confused:?

marvinbeaverdip 01-31-2011 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by sliding_josh (Post 8565263)
Yeah I paid for the 20 bucks for the gold star, and replied to a FS thread and got Banned from the FS thread cant even post up items for sale!

WTF!

how did you get banned?

marvinbeaverdip 01-31-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by gapjr (Post 8566491)
I know some guys don't like the way RCcrawlers classifieds are set up but it just plain seems to work. Look in the feedback section there and the feedback section here. ALOT lower percentage of bad deals, ripoffs and scammers on there. Hell, I'd love to see the classifieds on Scale4x4.com but they require 300 posts and a year membership! I'd never reach that because I've been in the hobby over 20 years and use the search button so I don't have alot of questions. That combined with the fact that I don't have time to do online write ups of my builds made me realize I'd never see those classifieds but I guarantee they don't get many if any scammers there because of that.

Sliding Josh, I've seen you on RCcrawler. When I was new on there and didn't know the forum rules, I also accidentally posted in someone else's for sale ad but I was only warned by a moderator. I apoligized, explained I was a newbie to the site and never had an issue again. Wonder why they banned you from the classifieds :confused:?

not knowing how they work, I tried to reply to a for sale thread once on RCC, but they don't even allow you to do that anymore. It's just a blocked activity. Only the OP can write in that thread. I've bought a few things there, and finally figured out how the feedback section works. It works, but I think there's a better way to do it. Oh well. It looks like many have requested it change, and nothing changes.