Like Tree4Likes

Rock Crawlers Only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

the guru next door has had nothing but failure and headaces with his

Last edited by stumpy; 10-02-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stumpy
hi! my name is Aaron, but everyone callsme stumpy because of a accdent in wood shop that made me loose part of my left thumb, I am 15. I have looked everywherefor a 4wd nitro, but I failed to find one I can buy. So I am building one in welding and need help !
Go to Racers Haven in Bakersfield, they are located on White Lane and carry used cars/trucks most of the time.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rcwilde
Stratus,
First off what brand of servo is giving you problems?
What esc are you using and what battery?
I have never ran into that problem myself and have ran quite a few different servo's.It could be a voltage thing ,But i am thinking the problem is with-in the servo itself.
Here are a few of my crawlers:
I run Integy 55t lathe motors in all mine.(NN clod/tube TLT/Bulu TLT)

man these crawlers rock... can you post some more pics... thanks
Old 10-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy

wagonman72,
I know of racers haven but my parents won't take me there, they say it is to far out of town .
Old 10-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

im thinking of getting a crawler. im nto sure if i want to pay so much though because i dont have many places to drive here. do yall think it would be worth it?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's really up to you. Rock crawlers are built for one purpose and only for that purpose -- getting through extremely rough terrains that would stop other R/C cars dead in their tracks. They make poor racers and bashers, they're slow, most don't handle well above 10 MPH, and they are expensive to build and maintain. If you love real size vehicle rock crawling or don't plan on doing anything else than rock crawling with it, this is your cup of tea. If you want a vehicle that can go off-road well and can be bashed or race with, get a stadium truck or buggy.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer745
im thinking of getting a crawler. im nto sure if i want to pay so much though because i dont have many places to drive here. do yall think it would be worth it?
If there is a will , there is a way. What area are you in? Find a local crawler group in the area. They can piont you in the right direction. You can take your crawler to the local park. Create yourself an obstacle course. I am sure you will enjoy having a crawler.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

i understand what u are saying. im looking into one solely for crawling. i love full sized crawling. ive put my 120t rockers on my revo and crawled with it a little bit, but nothing compared to yalls stuff. there isnt a group around here. ive looekd everywere but i cant find them. i was thinking about turning my terra crusher into one. i was gonna make it race worthy, but i already have a revo for that. i wanted to get some 1/8th rear buggy shocks since they will give it more travel, and i was going to lock my diffs. it will flex out almost 9 inches now, but it doesnt have near the stuff yalls do. and the cg is higher in it. i was also looking for extended swing arms for it, to make it get over wider stuff, but im not sure if i should
Old 10-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

do yall think that a truck with independent a-arms could be a crawler. it doesnt have as much articulation, but it will flex over 8 inches and is extreemly strong. what do yall thing?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Crawlers

Stratus-The beadlocks look good but are very heavy wheels.

WarrenF- Here ya go

Streetracer-I live on a island(all sand)but all i had to do was purchase a truck load of rock and now i have a place to crawl.
Nitro crawlers don't work well, the motor needs to turn to many rpm to engage the clutcbell/no cooling at low speed(some guys are working on nitro crawlers,i think in time they will get it figured out but as for now i would say no) Straight axles are a must,locked diffs,lotta torque and no fear of rock rash.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

i have a lightweight clutch spring, so my motor engages at lower rpms and it is real torqueish. i can lock my diffs if i want to, its not hard to do. and im not afraid of flipping it. it isnt straight axles though, which could be a problem. it doesnt have the articulation of a nice crawler, buthas a good amount of flex, and im going to give it more soon anyways just because i need mroe wheel travel.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just finished mine
PTI Goliath stretched to 12.5"
Attached Thumbnails Rock Crawlers Only-dsc02539.jpg   Rock Crawlers Only-dsc02540.jpg   Rock Crawlers Only-dsc02541.jpg  
Old 10-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Groffball rig looks so down to scale. It is what I am working on myself. Looks like you used a TLT. The rubicon body really gives it a great look. Many props for your crawler.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

groff, this what you are doing now that RCO is closed?
Old 10-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

btw looks great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.