Search
Like Tree18Likes

UTB18 Capra about to get stripped!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

aracefan, meant to ask you, what plugs/adapters do you need? Most can be found, and most hobby shops will solder them for you if you’re uncomfortable soldering them yourself.
aracefan likes this.
Old 07-09-2023, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Oh, I don't mind soldering them up... just need to decide what to go with and do them for all. Prob keep the Traxxas ones on the Traxxas rigs, but would like to change all the other ones to a single style. I like the XT plugs - for my "race" stuff (off road and on-road stuff) I just run bullet plugs - 4 or 5mm.

I am really liking the stance of your UTB18, I think the tires are too big, or tall, on the ones I have. Even the ProLine 4.19's are pretty tall compared to the stock height. Not convinced I'll keep them. Just that the wheel options in the 1.55" size seem limited.

You're definitely gonna need those new drive axles now!! LOL!!
King DORK likes this.
Old 07-09-2023, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aracefan
Oh, I don't mind soldering them up... just need to decide what to go with and do them for all. Prob keep the Traxxas ones on the Traxxas rigs, but would like to change all the other ones to a single style. I like the XT plugs - for my "race" stuff (off road and on-road stuff) I just run bullet plugs - 4 or 5mm.

I am really liking the stance of your UTB18, I think the tires are too big, or tall, on the ones I have. Even the ProLine 4.19's are pretty tall compared to the stock height. Not convinced I'll keep them. Just that the wheel options in the 1.55" size seem limited.

You're definitely gonna need those new drive axles now!! LOL!!
I have JConcepts Tusks on mine. They’re 1.9 and the tires measure 3.93”. I was really close to getting the Hot Bodies Rovers that are close in size. I wanted 1.55 size but wasn’t impressed with what’s out there.
aracefan likes this.