Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Corally Batteries

This thread is for information and questions on Corally batteries.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

The John Bull Racing Team have used Corally cells and motors exclusively in the last 5 years, with excellent results.

In 3 of those 5 years Joshua Anastasi has won the National Championships for mod TC, and is presently well on his way to winning his 4th. Josh uses Corally Pro team Panasonic UMH cells, which give fantastic run time and power.

In stock Corally 21 turn single, sealed stock motors are the control motors so everyone uses them, whether they like it or not, however cell choice is free. Again, with just 3 championship rounds to go this year's championship leader has use exclusively Corally Pro Team 3000HV cells to lead this very competitive class, winning 6 of the 11 rounds to date, in the process.

More Corally motors and cells are sold in Malta than all the other manufacturers put together. In fact every win in a National this year, be it stock or mod has been won using Corally motors.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:28 AM
Pat
Tech Apprentice

Hi johnbull ,

I am also using Corally Pro Team UMH. I have found them to provide alot more punch and runtime than other packs I have used.

My method of use , racing stock (27T) :

Charge : 4.5A
Discharge : 20A
Peak cutoff (mV) : 5mV

After a racemeeting I discharge them fully , put 300mAh partial charge back into them and store them until the next meeting. If they are not used because a meeting is canceled or what not , I cycle them twice , as this is how many times they would be used at a racemeet. Keeping this consistancy has resulted in no loss of performance. After using Corally batteries , I wouldn't touch another brand !

Kind Regards
Pat.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

PAT.

Thanks for your comments about cells. This is what we do.

Son Josh runs a TC3 with 10 x 1 Corally Pro Series Gold motor, and Corally Pro Team 3000 UMH cells.

We race every second weekend. I leave the cells just as they have finished the race, usually with 20 to 30 seconds run time still in them. An hour before his race I discharge to 0.6 per cell, then charge on Novak Millenium Pro at 4 amps. The cut off is the same as yours. All this is done on a fan - we use the Trinity ones which also double up as car stands, so the cells stay relatively cool throughout.

Three minutes before he is due on the grid I peak at 7.5 volts on a Protrak charger with minimal cut off.

It must work for Josh has won all 11 rounds of the National TC championship held to date. Incidentally he uses a Novak GT7 set on programme 1, which is the softest.

Now to my own car. I run a Yoke MR4 Sp in 21 turn sealed stock class. We all run the same Corally 21 turn single Street Racer motor which is the control motor for the stock class here this season. We are allowed to play with brushes, hoods and springs but nothing else. I run mine with laydown brushes, using Corally Q brushes, 180 positive spring and 150 negative. Josh's mod motors run the same spring arrangement.

Cells. I run Corally Sanyo 3000HV Pro Team cells exclusively. They don't have the run time of the UMH cells but I think they have a bit more punch which is so useful in stock.

Again I put them away as they have finished the 5 minute race, which means that they still have at least 1 minutes run time in them. One hour before my race I discharge same way as I do Josh's cells and charge at 6 amps since run time is not a problem. Peaking procedure is the same.

I too have had good results with this method, winning 6 of the 11 rounds held to date.

I also run a Novak GT7 in my Yoke, but mine is set on programme 6 for lots of UUmph!

We're on again this Sunday.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Pat
Tech Apprentice

Hi John ,

I have never tried re-peaking my UMH's. Do you mean 7.5amps ? If I get a pack on straight after I finish my race and marshal , it will usually be finished 5 - 10 mins before my next race. I may try putting it on before I go out for my race , then it will have time to cool down before re-peaking.

Do you find repeaking to give extra run time or voltage ?

What is your view on discharging the cells to .6 straight after every race ?

Thankyou for the info.
Kind Regards
Pat.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

PAT.

That short high voltage peak works wonders on the first couple of laps. The cars are balistic. If the cells have cooled down enough after the charge, a short peak won't raise the temp all that much. In any case the car is on a fan all the time.

The reason for the discharge is simply so that the cells get the full cycle, from total discharge to total charge. I find they do actually give better run time when treated this way.

I've just collected a new stock of cells, armatures and brushes from the post office today. Corally never cease to amaze. I phoned Suzanne in Holland and ordered these last Wednesday, and I have them here in Malta today - less than a week. And folks wonder why I like working with Corally.

The cells I got are the GP 3300 Pro Team. They have some pretty impressive figures. We are not allowed to use them here at present for our regs limit us to 3000 but as soon as the season is over next month I will build up a few packs and start working with them in preparation of our August trip to England where we will be doing a couple of race meetings.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:54 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

i use Corally UMH's in stock and at the resent enduro i managed 15 min run time on one pack to bring my team from 4th to 1st with that one battery. We normally aim for 10 min a battery but our mod threw a pinion on his second lap so the battery was wasted (6 battery's an hour). This was quiet amazing as i run my car for the enduro the same as normal club (5 min races) except i back of a little early on the first corner of the straight.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

TOM.

Interesting to see that you run enduros too. I thought we were the only nutters doing such things.

We normally run 2 or 3 of these a year, usually Xmas and easter. We run 1 hour enduros. 2 drivers ( 1 expert and 1 beginner) per team. 1 car. 1 transmitter. 21 turn stock motors. 5 minute mandatory driver changes.

It's good fun. We too work on 10 minutes per pack. We have not used the UMH cells in an enduro yet though i would imagine we could go 15 minutes with them, and certainly 15 minutes with 3300s.

We don't allow additional pit crew so the drivers have to do all the battery changing, etc themselves - just makes it more competitive.

We have another enduro scheduled for mid June.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

johnbull

our enduros are run i think 7 times a year.

We run three races on each enduro day

each race is an hour long with only six battery's allowed

3 drivers, 1 mod and either 2 stock or 1 stock and a 540

each driver uses his/her own car/radio

the transponder is changed over from car to car during the race

teams change after each hour race

and results are added to give a overal yearly enduro champ

its all good fun and realy helps the skills as you basicly get an hour of racing
Old 01-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

I am looking for new batteries and would like to try corally packs. Is there anywhere in the US that stocks corally battieries?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Call Corally USA- that's all I've been using for years.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Do you know anything on the prices? I was looking at their competition GP 3700's(or the highest grade cells). If you would rather send me a PM about the prices that they are around that would be great. Ill probobly give them a call sometime next week.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been racing their cells for as long as I've been on the team. Just call they will treat you right. I've got nothing but great things to say about there customer service and prices .
Old 01-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
I am looking for new batteries and would like to try corally packs. Is there anywhere in the US that stocks corally battieries?
What battery packs are you looking for? We have IB3800 matched packs on the way as well as some GP3700 packs still in stock I believe. I will know more pricing on Monday or so for the IB cells. We will be getting IB4200 matched packs probably as well. The IB4200 stick packs are on the way. Anything else let me know or email us at [email protected].

Jeff
Old 01-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

I was looking for GP3700's, but I figure why not just go for the IB4200's. I will probably give corally a call tonight about them.