Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Setup Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Setup Questions

Post any questions on what changes to make to your current setup. Ask any questions on what certain changes will do to your car. Ask away......
Old 03-10-2006, 04:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

My RDX is way heavy on the motor-side... am I the only one with this problem?? Tips??
Old 03-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Well, I am sure most people have seen that. Typically people have to add weight so I would put it on the right rear to counter balance it.

Jeff
Old 03-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think I've seen the esc mounted on the right, behind the battery...?
Old 03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BugFreak
I think I've seen the esc mounted on the right, behind the battery...?
I have never seen that. I would think it would throw off the balance too much.

Jeff
Old 03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had my GTX behind the battery with no weight issues, but have since changed locations due to using 4200 batteries and a guy accientally reprogramming the speedo when marshalling my car. I'm at 1470g on foams with no weights and the IB4200's.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Had to try... and it worked GREAT!!

With only 15grams weight on the motorside, it looked like this...

Old 03-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Hey,

I have a very dialed rubber tire setup on carpet and have a quick question

I am currently not using the brackets on the rear arms that move the bottom of the shock outward. I am using the 17lb springs on all four corners of the car in the outermost hole. I know what the brackets do (give the arm more leverage on the shock) but I don't know how this will effect the car on the track. How would the car feel/drive different if I went to maybe 14lb springs in the rear with the brackets?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Hey Bug, what springs are you using?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Hey,

I am currently not using the brackets on the rear arms that move the bottom of the shock outward. I am using the 17lb springs on all four corners of the car in the outermost hole. I know what the brackets do (give the arm more leverage on the shock) but I don't know how this will effect the car on the track. How would the car feel/drive different if I went to maybe 14lb springs in the rear with the brackets?
Black, can you send me your set-up?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Mudvayne: Here it is. Since we run at a low traction carpet track, we run staggered tires. You might want to run the same tire all the way around though.
Attached Thumbnails Setup Questions-rdx-gilroy-setup.jpg  
Old 03-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Hey,

Well, without the brackets it would seem like your previous setup required softer dampening. Which is what happens when you remove the brackets. I am not 100% sure the effect of 17lb with no extensions vs. 14lb with them. I would think that it would still be stiffer with the extensions as the dampening will increase due to the leverage. Which is why you would drop to a 14lb or even 12.5lb to get the same feeling.

Not sure how much that helped.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Well, without the brackets it would seem like your previous setup required softer dampening. Which is what happens when you remove the brackets. I am not 100% sure the effect of 17lb with no extensions vs. 14lb with them. I would think that it would still be stiffer with the extensions as the dampening will increase due to the leverage. Which is why you would drop to a 14lb or even 12.5lb to get the same feeling.

Not sure how much that helped.

Jeff
For clarification...I've never run the brackets. I'm just curious to why I should (if I should, that is) Basically: What are the advantages to running a softer spring with a bracket as opposed to a harder spring without a bracket?
Old 03-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Hey Bug, what springs are you using?
The yelow one is from xray.. they are to small, but there was missing a few parts when I got it.. (second hand..)

The front springs are 17 lbs
Old 03-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Brian mcgreevy setup

Quick Q on this.On the sheet it says 2.5 mm "shims under couplers".Are they referring to the "balls"that the arms attach to?The roll blocks?Also,Is it just 2.5mm for the front?or for front and rear?Trying to figure this car out.First non Associated car in 15 years of racing.lol.Thanks,Mario.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.