R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Commercial Marketplace

Like Tree1Likes

Old 06-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default Special Thanks to Maxamps.com

I just recieved a thank you letter from their entire team, Kevin, Joe, Austin, Josh, Tony, Dave, Abraham, and Clint. The letter was hand written and very professional!

Thanks so much Maxamps for doing that! I only bought one of their 5000mAh Li-po's for my TC and its awsome! Thanks so much!
jaribecker123 likes this.
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sssshhh, dont make mention of good customer service, the Maxamps haters will think it's a ploy to push cheap cells. Seriously,thats what I am talking about, their customer service. I got two thank you cards, signed (not photo copied signatures) from MaxAmps. Very good company.
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm sad I didnt get that with my orion packs, only the typical "Thanks for your purchase" typed on the instruction/safety sheet. Seriously more companies should spend that extra 30 seconds to there customers, appreciating the business. Good customer service goes a long way especially with todays online communities. I'm glad to hear this, might have to look at maxamps for any future lipo purchases.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Tech Master

I guess with the big dog companies, handwritten and signed thank you cards would be a bit much. Then again, Novak's customer service aint nothing to shake a stick at.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 06-07-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The letters are nice, I've recieved them before too.

I once emailed them with an honest question and pictures about a battery I bought from them, that I admittenly damaged myself, just wanting an opinion on it's safety, and got nothing in return. That was the one and ONLY maxamps lipo I have, or will, ever buy. Customer service is what makes the difference.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
The letters are nice, I've recieved them before too.

I once emailed them with an honest question and pictures about a battery I bought from them, that I admittenly damaged myself, just wanting an opinion on it's safety, and got nothing in return. That was the one and ONLY maxamps lipo I have, or will, ever buy. Customer service is what makes the difference.
One way, you sound like you are giving Maxamps props, the next, you are t-boning them. Now, if you would have picked up THE PHONE, I am sure you would have gotten a better response.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #7
Tech Master

I guess my mind was already made up. Didn't take much to seal the deal for myself. What was done was done and my fault. I needed someone to look at some pictures. I wasn't going to send the battery in because I wasn't going to replace it. I have had good luck with reciever packs and such from them.

www.summitrcraceway.com
Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
One way, you sound like you are giving Maxamps props, the next, you are t-boning them. Now, if you would have picked up THE PHONE, I am sure you would have gotten a better response.
Because the phone is a great way to show someone a picture, right?

Since they're an internet store and not a brick & mortar business, they should answer their damn email, not require someone to use the phone. You can't have it both ways. Either you do your business on the Internet or not.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Tech Master

I saw calling them on the phone as another way to get the run around. It all worked out for the best.

www.summitrcraceway.com
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

I'll NEVER buy anything from MaxAmps again. My last purchase, they sent me the wrong pack, I called, e-mailed and IM'd them on a daily basis and it took them 2-weeks to accept the return and another week to ship. When I got my replacement pack, it was dead out of the box, internal solder issue. Another 3-weeks wasted trying to return the packs. No, whoops we are sorry, how can we make this right, nothing. ...Just 6-weeks of wasted time and effort.

Besides, the don't have any hard cased packs.

~J
jbraathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

i hope you got the 300 cycle warenty. I had a 2 cell 6000 pack for my b44 never did work right, they offered solutions to try and fix it. Finally sent it in and they told me it was bad, and unfortunatlly it was out of warenty. Offered for me to buy another pack at 140$ after i had already spent 200 on a pack that never did work right. You will never see me with another max amps pack again.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

maxamps offer a warranty for the same reason as car(1/1) offer warranty, there's 1 in 50000 that doesn't have problems, and the crappy cars have better warranties...
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

here is my experience. i received a saddle pack for my exotek 18t and the balance connector did not work. i called them, and they told me to send it back in. i paid for the shipping to to them...no big deal.....they corrected the problem, sent back at their expense. it took about a week total.

did they give me a hard time...no...was it a big deal, no, did they fix it, yes.

so my opinion of them is they have ok customer service. i will not bash it. but i will not consider it exceptional.

will i buy from them again, if i come across something i am interested in, sure!

o yeah, and they did send me christmas cards! but the christmas cards did fit in the rc18t. maybe they will fit another car!!

Last edited by comedyman809; 04-17-2009 at 09:18 AM.
comedyman809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have had nothing but great experiences with their customer service.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well i ordered a 6000 2s and got a 5000 3s. that wasn't going to work so i called and taked to i beleave jason. told him i had a natc race on saturday and i need the pack. well he said send it back and they will send me the right one asap even before the 3s showed up. the 6000 didn't get here in time but i got a sorry letter and the pack on monday. i wasn't mad as i had a back up just in case(3300 nihm). about 3 days later i got another 6000 2s in the mail and a sorry card. well i was suprised and they did take care of me. all and all i will do business with them and since i ordered a balancer from them yesterdayi have returned. hope i keep up my luck
5150driver is offline   Reply With Quote