Search

2015 Colorado R/C Off-Road Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dubcarr
Its all in the set up its not my fault people cant set up a 2wd to run out door. I have never ran indoor have not had any problems out side..And on that note at the five tracks that will be running a 2wd class you still have to wait for your run no point in not adding if they run..
Dubcarr... check out A Main Speedway in Pueblo Facebook page. They will be running 2WD Shortcourse on the 1/10 track for the Spring Fling Race. 17 entries for that class to this point.
The only problem I have seen with 2wd on some of the tracks is horrible parachuting over some of the jumps. This in turn means a hell of a lot more marshaling then some would like. Have a good one!

Last edited by Fader12; 04-08-2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

A-main is great they have a separate 10th scale track next to the 1/8 scale. So you race 10th scale on a 10th scale track not the Big Boy track.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barista
A-main is great they have a separate 10th scale track next to the 1/8 scale. So you race 10th scale on a 10th scale track not the Big Boy track.
Not sure if they still have the two separate tracks from the layout of pit spaces he has posted..

As far as the Colorado State Series after speaking with the orginizer, at this time, it dont look like we have enough time in a day to get another class in, especially for the one day races.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dubcarr
Its all in the set up its not my fault people cant set up a 2wd to run out door. I have never ran indoor have not had any problems out side..And on that note at the five tracks that will be running a 2wd class you still have to wait for your run no point in not adding if they run..
Some of the best drivers in the state have tried the 2wd out doors on 1/8th scale tracks and I think they know how to set them up. We had 2wd a part of the series when it first started (no points) as this was the RC Pro Series (1/8th) and the attendance died out because of the difficulty driving them on such large tracks. There were track layouts with big air, where the 2wd would actually fly backwards and the racers would end up, rolling all the jumps just to cleanly make it around the track.

Like mentioned before, there are 2 tracks in the State that races 10th scale and most likely have a 2wd SC class every race night.

MHOR RC Raceway
Rocky Mountian Raceway.

My suggestion is that you pick up a 1/8 scale buggy for summer time use and come join us indoors in the winter.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns via Private Chat or hit us up on Facebook/Colorado RC.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Some of the best drivers in the state have tried the 2wd out doors on 1/8th scale tracks and I think they know how to set them up. We had 2wd a part of the series when it first started (no points) as this was the RC Pro Series (1/8th) and the attendance died out because of the difficulty driving them on such large tracks. There were track layouts with big air, where the 2wd would actually fly backwards and the racers would end up, rolling all the jumps just to cleanly make it around the track.

Like mentioned before, there are 2 tracks in the State that races 10th scale and most likely have a 2wd SC class every race night.

MHOR RC Raceway
Rocky Mountian Raceway.

My suggestion is that you pick up a 1/8 scale buggy for summer time use and come join us indoors in the winter.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns via Private Chat or hit us up on Facebook/Colorado RC.
Don't forget Longmont runs 10th at all of their races Not that I would!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think many of you are misunderstanding dub's position. He, like myself, has vehicles in other classes already being run in the championship. He is merely looking for more opportunities to race.

Barista, not sure if you are trolling or not, but please try to cool the "I'm an elite 8th scale racer" attitude. While I don't know the specifics of your racing background, realize you don't know ours. Don't judge mine purely by the vehicles I list in my sig for example.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

WOO HOO gettin' em all fired up early.....

See ya at the track
RacerRuss
Old 04-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

I still think 2wd is for racing with 10th scale on a 10th scale track and racing on a 1/8 scale track should be for 1/8 scale.

There are 5 Opportunities to race in the State Series:

8th Scale Buggy Nitro
8th Scale Buggy EP
8th Scale Truggy Nitro
8th Scale Truggy EP
10th Short Course 4x4
Old 05-03-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

RoosterFarEye, nice job explaining the 2wd dilemma. Hope to see some out at the 2 day events. Lotsa fun hanging with ya this past weekend. M&M is a great place to race....
Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I agree M & M was a lot of fun. Small track with some big jumps, it all worked. Thank you M & M Raceway.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Learn setup and you can race a 1/10 touring car in Burlington
Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Series Race #1 is in the books. Race results are attached as a pdf to the first post on this thread. A big thank you to MandM for hosting. Thank you Mike and Gina for all the time that you put in to pull this off. We had a blast.

Thanks to the track crew for the fresh build, new dirt with zero rocks, and watering in between races. Kudos to Roman for designing a great layout.

Thanks to all the racers that came out to support the series and especially to those that traveled far and camped in their cars or the floor of the pit trailer. You all made the turnout a success. For those that got stuck at work (GJ) you missed out! Haha, just hacking on ya. It was great to see some new faces. The Pueblo race scene is growing and we're glad to see you support our series. To all the old faces, it was fun hanging out and catching up. Can't wait to do it again.

Next stop, Burlington, Colorado May 22-24, Memorial Day Weekend. Get there early and get some practice. Open practice Thursday May 21st from 12pm-10pm; Controlled Practice Friday May 22nd 10am-9pm; Saturday Qualifiers and Sunday Mains.

Race is filled up so if your not signed up contact Dirt Works (Bill Parsons) to get on the waiting list! You won't wanna miss it.

John
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Colorado R/C Off-Road Championship Series-series-race-2-dirt-works-burlington-co.jpg  
Old 05-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Update: I will add the 2wd SC to the program for the two-day series races only. Burlington is the first two-day series race. You must sign up on RCSignup at http://tracks.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=4134

A minimum of 8 entries is required in order to make a class (minimum racers required to turn marshal the following race). NO MINIMUM NO RACE.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How do the points work? Is it 5 out of 6 races? That u can miss one. Or do all races count?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

It's 4 out of 6 but you don't want to miss any of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.