Wiki Posts
Search

ROCKY MOUNTAIN R/C RACEWAY / COLO SPGS, COLORADO

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vikingen
still open ?
Just bought a sweet b5m lite from a forum member. Got it on Tuesday. Showed up to track on Sunday and they are closed. No signs posted but parts shop was cleared out and phone # does not work.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They closed a month or 2 ago. Sucks.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vossman
They closed a month or 2 ago. Sucks.
Any chance someone is going to take it over? Know why they closed? Seems like they gave no notice.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jcdoc107
Any chance someone is going to take it over? Know why they closed? Seems like they gave no notice.
I've not heard about any new management or owners. Originally it was announced on their Facebook page several months ago, that the shop portion was closing down but that the track would continue operation. That soon changed to everything closed. I can only speak to hearsay and the rumor mill as to the exact cause of the track's demise since I was not able to get up that way to race and be in the environment. Its really a shame since now is technically the point in time where racers start finishing out the outdoor racing and begin looking toward indoor tracks.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default where to race....?

Originally Posted by Mike Whiskey 76
I've not heard about any new management or owners. Originally it was announced on their Facebook page several months ago, that the shop portion was closing down but that the track would continue operation. That soon changed to everything closed. I can only speak to hearsay and the rumor mill as to the exact cause of the track's demise since I was not able to get up that way to race and be in the environment. Its really a shame since now is technically the point in time where racers start finishing out the outdoor racing and begin looking toward indoor tracks.

So bummed, was just thinking about getting back into RC Racing, was ready to purchase a kit, stopped by the track tonight to check it out and they weren't open. Now I found this thread and confirmed my thought.

So does anybody know of a place to race 1/10 scale SC in the Springs or even 1/8 nitro, or are we "sol" again? Last time I raced was probably 15 or more years ago at S&T Raceway if anybody remembers that. Would love to know if there is another place to race, thanks!
-Ryan
Old 09-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rgrps13
So bummed, was just thinking about getting back into RC Racing, was ready to purchase a kit, stopped by the track tonight to check it out and they weren't open. Now I found this thread and confirmed my thought.

So does anybody know of a place to race 1/10 scale SC in the Springs or even 1/8 nitro, or are we "sol" again? Last time I raced was probably 15 or more years ago at S&T Raceway if anybody remembers that. Would love to know if there is another place to race, thanks!
-Ryan
I was up at MHOR and was told a new track was going to open on garden of the gods rd. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I was up at MHOR and was told a new track was going to open on garden of the gods rd. Keep your fingers crossed.
That would be awesome, I think I may just buy a kit anyway and hope another track will open in the Springs. Keep me, us, posted if you hear anything else, I am out of the loop and do not know anybody who races, looking forward to racing and meeting fellow racers even if I have to go up to Aurora
Old 09-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was just about to sell my stuff but now I will hang on a bit to see if a new one opens. Thanks jcdoc107, I hope it happens.

V
Old 10-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

how far is it up to MHOR ?

hopefully in town next march and may pack a buggy again
Old 10-12-2015, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vikingen
how far is it up to MHOR ?

hopefully in town next march and may pack a buggy again
MHOR R/C is up in Aurora, CO about one to 1-1/2 hours from Colorado Springs

MHOR R/C Raceway
15540 E. Batavia Drive
Aurora, CO 80011
Old 10-30-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well that was short lived. Still bummed.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vossman
Well that was short lived. Still bummed.
Anyone know if this thing is going to happen?
Old 01-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rgrps13

-Ryan

It's not in Springs, but Pueblo has A Main Speedway about 30min from Springs. Its not indoor..... But they have a great outdoor track. Owner holds races almost any weekend that the weather is decent!
Old 12-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not sure if anyone even follows this thread anymore, but there is indoor offroad racing in Pueblo @ Zeees RC. A-main hold races there wed, RAD racing holds races there on sat. They also do onroad and oval there as well.