Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
2014 Colorado R/C Off-Road Championship Series >

2014 Colorado R/C Off-Road Championship Series

2014 Colorado R/C Off-Road Championship Series

Old 07-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s2kcrv
Is there a place to camp in a tent near the track?
i've heard second-hand that Brad says there are places to tent camp near the track. I think there may be a few people who are planning on this route.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default rrcp Frank Shaw Memorial and race 4 of Colorado State

No track change. There is a dirt area where you could pitch a tent
Old 07-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking RRCP

Track is being prep this week looks to be a great weekend track is fast and hooking hard
Old 07-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brook Loving
Track is being prep this week looks to be a great weekend track is fast and hooking hard
Schweet see all soon.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default RRCP

Really looking forward to racing with all of you this weekend. See you all soon
Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default WOW

HAD A GRATE TIME WITH ALL IN RIFLE......RRCP WOULD LIKE THINK BRAD AND ALL THAT HELPED PUT ON A VERY GOOD RACE.....KEEP IT UP.....MIKE ONEAL......M&M RC SPEEDWAY
Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Had Great time at Rifle. Track was fun and the competition was close. Thanks to Brad and everyone else that helped.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Another shout out to the RRCP Crew. The racing this past weekend (Colorado State Series) was a whole Lotta fun... The watering on Sunday was way cool..Nice to have food right there on site...All in all an excellent race weekend.

See you at the track
RacerRuss
Old 08-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default RACE #5 COLORADO OFF-ROAD SERIES AUG 23-24

RACE #5 COLORADO OFF-ROAD SERIES AUG 23-24 PUEBLO CO
A-MAIN SPEEDWAY

PRACTICE FRIDAY AUG 22ND 5PM-9PM

AUG 23RD OPEN 8AM START 11AM
3 ROUNDS BEST 2 OF 3 QUAL POINTS

SATURDAY NIGHT R/C DIRT OUTLAWS (DRAG RACING)

AUG 24TH OPEN 7AM START 9AM MAINS
30 MIN A NITRO, 20 MIN B NITRO 10 MIN C NITRO
TRIPLE A MAINS "ELECTRIC"
10 MIN 1/8 BUGGY AND 1/8 TRUGGY - 7 MIN PRO 4SC
2 BUMPS FROM LOWER MAINS

$23 FIRST CLASS, $13 SECOND, $8 THIRD.

ADDED CLASSES
PRO 2SC, 1/10 BUGGY AND SPORTSMAN SINGLE MAINS $15 ENTRY

A-MAIN SPEEDWAY
1001 GARY AVE
PUEBLO,CO 81001

MAP LOCATION
https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...blo,+CO+81001/
Old 08-12-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SIGNUP ONLINE AT RCSIGNUP

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3995

WILL HAVE 2 BUMPS UP

A-MAIN SPEEDWAY
1001 GARY AVE
PUEBLO, CO 81001
719-989-7828
Old 08-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Any thoughts on finale?
Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Points are updated from the Rifle race series #4. Sorry for taking so long to get them posted. I will get the A-Main race series #5 up this week.

In regards to the finale race #6 location, I am going to leave it up to the racers to vote for the track to host the final race. DO NOT POST YOUR VOTE ON THIS THREAD. In order to cast your vote send me a PM and put the name of the track in the subject line. NOTE THAT BURLINGTON IS NOT IN THE RUNNING. Although we'd all like to see Burlington again Bill and I decide not for the finale.

In the event that you are not subscribed to RCTech (you should be) and you are unable to send a PM, just shoot me an email at [email protected].

John Martin

Last edited by RoosterFarEye; 08-26-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: email address added
Old 08-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default 2014 Season Recap

We had a great outdoor RC racing season at five Colorado tracks this year. The tracks were amazing and we are fortunate to have a variety of tracks to race on and test our abilities. Thanks to all the racers that traveled and made each series race a success. We got to see some new scenery, met new people, and we made some new friends. A big thank you to all the track owners for all the hard work, time, and commitment to hosting a series race this season. Racer feedback was all positive – everyone enjoyed the tracks and the racing was competitive. The hospitality at each one of the tracks was great. Personally, I enjoyed meeting all of you and I sincerely appreciated your commitment to hosting a series race.

Dirt Works, Burlington, Colorado – a premier Colorado track with the greatest dirt on the earth and amenities that would put this track in the running to host a national race and quite possibly a World’s Race. Bill Parsons, the God Father of Colorado outdoor racing, is a gracious host and single handedly builds the most fun and memorable tracks. This year we were privy to a Justin Salerno design. Truly a masterpiece. Lots of jumps, long straight, doubles-triples-quads, tight turns, 180’s, sweeping turns and mad air. AWESOME!!! This year I had the opportunity to race some of the bucket list tracks, Joey Christiansen “The Dirt” designed/built tracks. Dirt Works in Burlington, Colorado ranks at the top of these bucket list tracks. We are fortunate to have this track in Colorado and a host of our series race. Bill, thank you for all the hard work, time and dedication. You are truly an inspiration and class act. We look forward to many more races!!!!

Hobby Town, Longmont, Colorado (HTL) – second round in our Colorado series was hosted by Hobby Town. Thank you Gary and thanks to all of your staff. You guys busted your butt to put on a good program for the series and you all pulled it off in one day! That’s right, one and done on a Saturday before the sun went down. Everyone was able to attend to their honey do’s or other family commitments on Sunday. It felt great to have an extra day. Big shout out to Steve Folle for the track design! Loved the tribute to Mount Billdo on the South East corner. Thanks to all the people that donated money to the track build and the volunteers that came out and helped with the track build.

M and M RC Speedway, Pueblo, Colorado – new to the RC racing scene and new to the Colorado series, M&M pulled off a great race. It was a little last minute but I’m glad the stars aligned and you stepped up to the plate. Thank you Mike for accommodating us on short notice. There was plenty of space to park/pit and overnight accommodations were made. Everyone was made to feel right at home and it was appreciated. The track was really fun- albeit small; the track layout used every bit of space available and provided a challenging track with plenty of air and technical sections that were enjoyed by all levels of racing. Kudos to Roman Gastelum for the track design. Mike and his wife were gratuitous hosts. You all went out of your way to accommodate the nitro racers and it was appreciated.

Rifle Remote Control Park (RRCP), Rifle, Colorado – the 4th leg of our tour. Run in conjunction with RRCP’s Frank Shaw Memorial race, it was a great turnout! RRCP is a family oriented race track and they do a great job of lining up sponsors to support their races. Friends and family come out to support their racers and they get a larger crowd of spectators. RRCP offers a variety of 1/10th scale classes and sportsman classes that bring new racers to the hobby. Normally in the winter months outdoor racing goes dormant but not in Rifle. They host handful of races during the winter months in a covered fairgrounds arena. You won’t catch the Rifle racers resting on their laurels. Thank you Brad Church for hosting the Colorado series race and keep up the good work.

A-Main Speedway, Pueblo, Colorado – new track this year but not new to the series. A-Main relocated to a new facility this year that provided a larger foot print allowing for a dedicated 1/8 scale track and 1/10th scale track. The 1/8th scale layout was fun and the watering brought up the traction tremendously. A-Main is continually pushing the bar and expanding the hobby whether it’s the Border Race Series with New Mexico or venturing into other forms of RC racing competitions: slot cars, drag racing (indoor), pro rock racing. This year birthed the newest form of RC racing “Dirt Outlaws” based on the TV series Street Outlaws, side-by-side drag racing down a dirt straight away, top ten list, and call out challenges. No rules: 4s, 6s, 100s—run whatcha brung. It doesn’t take a high dollar rig to complete. Just go fast and stay in your lane. Thank you CL and Mrs. CL!

The final race will be held at the track with the most votes so send me a PM or email [email protected] with your pick to host the final race.

John Martin
Old 08-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Smile Colorado Point Series

I would like to thank John Martin and his better half for taking on the task
of running the Colorado series. I my self attended all the races this year and had a very good time. I would like to thank all the track owners who participated. My self one of the oldest racers out there, its all about having fun
meeting new people and racing with all the die hards, there is always some faster, younger, more calm, easy going. Not every one can win we sure have fun trying. Looking forward to a great final race. By the way Heather is Johns better half. GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE WHO ATTENDS THE FINAL RACE OF THE COLORADO POINT SERIES.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

It was great meeting everyone and hoping to see the series again this next racing season. Gave me some motivation to come out of retirement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.