Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carpet short course??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there a possibility of a SCT class starting?

I'm not a member yet as mostly I currently don't own a 1/10 vehicle save a Traxxas 2WD Slash. Been thinking about an on road car for outdoor racing, or maybe carpet. I like the idea of outdoor capable vehicle as it would allow me to race in my driveway and parking lots at my own leisure. It's my understanding that the 1/10 sedans can be much more difficult to dial in and require more finesse. How's that for a rambling paragraph?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by visual_rabbi
Is there a possibility of a SCT class starting?

I'm not a member yet as mostly I currently don't own a 1/10 vehicle save a Traxxas 2WD Slash. Been thinking about an on road car for outdoor racing, or maybe carpet. I like the idea of outdoor capable vehicle as it would allow me to race in my driveway and parking lots at my own leisure. It's my understanding that the 1/10 sedans can be much more difficult to dial in and require more finesse. How's that for a rambling paragraph?
Not sure if it is going to happen but we are trying. Our two day pavement race has been set up for a SC 2wd truck, and we are looking to see if there is interest in racing on our carpet.

A 1/10th scale touring car can be used on the pavement and carpet. It is a different chassis set up and probably tires, but pretty easy changes. Plus there are many used cars that can be purchased at a very reasonable cost.

Come talk with the racers on Thursday night and they will give you some good insight.

Mark