Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Fuel Off Road Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Thank you for clearing that up

Thank you Mr. (nameless) President for clearing that up for all of us and telling everyone what they want to hear. You do have the gift of gab. I can see past the gift of gab and have heard plenty of stories from many of the old club members who can see past the BS as well.

"HDRP has received as much support from GJRCC as GJRCC has received from HDRP, so HDRP is not on the GJRCC sponsor list any longer."------- Really I have gotten on GJRCCs web page from day one and have never seen HDRP on the sponsor list. Andy also allowed you to promote GJRCC and talk to racers at HDRP about GJRCC while you were at HDRP racing. This is the BS I'm talking about.

The reason I only raced one time with the old club was because I left GJ for 11 years 1993-2004. I was excited about running on road this year and I was willing to help GJRCC with anything that they needed. This is no longer the case.

Will you come out from behind your screen name and announce who you are? If you are who I think you are then you may have more issues to deal with than just trying to run the club......(actually I'm 99.9% sure that I know who you are)

One of the greatest lessons that I have ever learned was "Choose your friends wisely"

At any rate like Russ said I should get over it. Good luck with the future of GJRCC.

Somehow this got turned into an on road / off road, HDRP / GJRCC debate started by someone who doesn't even know me and I have never even raced with. Back to the 2010 ROAR Nats.

Brian Branson

Last edited by bcrazy; 07-03-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bcrazy
I'd like to see on road racing as well but it will only work if GJRCC and HDRP work together. HDRP tried to help GJRCC but GJRCC will not return the favor and now wants to race on Saturday nights and compete with off road racing on Sat nights. Sorry but I vote for, and will promote racing at HDRP. Beat the heat and race indoors. Pit tables, power, air conditioning AMB timing system (that works) and a stocked hobby shop all provided with race entry. Coming soon dirt oval with infield off road. High Desert Raceplace.

Brian Branson
So, the ONLY way for a club to be successful and fun is to work together with a retail establishment? Okaaaay...

Brian you have a whole lot of opinions you throw around as facts, when you are a third party to it all. Since you don't own or work at HDRP, nor are you a Board Member (or even a club member) of GJRCC, it seems to me that you are not a credible spokesperson for either party.

I AM a GJRCC Board Member AND the person who brought the GJRCC flyers to HDRP before the first club race back in April and they RELUCTANTLY allowed me to post and distribute them. After that first week, when I brought more flyers to the track on a Saturday, there were no flyers posted and none on display. I got permission to post a flyer on the board, but I was later told by a racer that it was taken down by the following Wednesday... AND I personally saw the employees hide the flyers under the counter or under other boxes etc. so they couldn't be seen. There has been no further mention of the GJRCC on-road program at HDRP and nothing is posted on their website. Is this what you were talking about how much HDRP supports GJRCC???

The other local hobby shops in town DO display our flyers and promote the GJRCC on-road program to their clients, so we in turn have them on our website as sponsors.

Why is this such a big issue for you? What possible difference can it make to you personally? You prefer to race at HDRP. Well who's stopping you?

I'm grateful to all those racers that participate with GJRCC and if any of them choose to race at HDRP (or anywhere else), then I wish them fun and I look forward to hearing their story's. This isn't a popularity contest or a pissing match... and I really wish you'd stop treating it as one.

Secretary
GJRCC
Old 07-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Back to the ROAR Nats

More coverage here

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/a-weekend-...ats/#more-3398

Last edited by bcrazy; 07-03-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking You should know

Nameless? I think not, since back in April of this year you sent me a few PM's and addressed me by name in one of them. But since you are only 99.9% sure i'll help you out. My name is Frank Godel. As to the gift of gab, I learned from the best by reading your posts. As to the stories of old I'm sure there are many and quite colorful as well.

"Really I have gotten on GJRCCs web page from day one and have never seen HDRP on the sponsor list". And this is your gift of gab - it was, whether you will admit or not I don't care.

"If you are who I think you are then you may have more issues to deal with than just trying to run the club". True, I'm in my last year at MESA STATE COLLEGE to receive my degree. I have a family and work as well as the club, it is quite a bit to deal with, but none of them are issues.

"At any rate like Russ said I should get over it. Good luck with the future of GJRCC". True you should. Thank You for the good luck.

Thank You,
Frank Godel
President GJRCC
Having fun racing On-Road R/C cars
Old 07-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Default Not true

Frank G: "As to racing moving to Saturdays, if you participated in the club, you would know that it was a club decision as a whole, to move the day and time. Heat is only a single factor, not the only reason for the change. As the club is still relatively new, the day and times may adjust till we find one that works best for our club as a whole. GJRCC is not a business, it is a club and runs a different program all together. I don't see why you are so threatened by this."

I had a nice conversation with one of your more loyal racers that said it was suggested you move the races to Friday nights with a start time of 6:00pm. This was suggested so not to interfere with racing at HDRP and also so races could be in the evening when it was cooler outside. To his surprise you decided to run on Saturdays at 2pm-whenever you were finished. The hottest part of the day and the time of day HDRP races. You say that there are racers to support both programs. I just looked over all of your results on GJRCC most of the racers you get, race at HDRP on a regular basis. How many people did you have race last Saturday?
http://gjrcc.files.wordpress.com/201...0-summary1.pdf
IMO you would have more racers attend if you didn't compete with HDRP. Like I have stated before there are a lot of HDRP racers with touring cars that love to race on road so why not take advantage of the HDRP racers with touring cars and the racers that you say you have that want to race on road only?

I do have some experience with clubs, and running a club. I was president of the VICA club and we built a drag car in High School from 100% donated parts and labor done by students. I was also in charge of the NV chapter of Arizona Hot Boat Association / American Hot Boat Association / Extreme Boats America/ Lake Racer. I was in charge of putting on shows, getting sponsors for poker runs, setting up safety boats for off shore ski races and putting on a poker run in Las Vegas. I also helped with two poker runs a year in AZ. This club is still going strong today and hosts one of the biggest and most popular boat poker runs every spring in AZ. I'm talking $20,000 to $1,000,000 boats that run 60-160mph not 1/10 and 1/8 scale toy cars. I have also been involved with several car clubs through the years. So yes I do have some club experience.
Now I'm done........................................I hope

Last edited by bcrazy; 07-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July everyone God Bless America

Last edited by bcrazy; 07-05-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Default LiveRC coverage of the Nats

LiveRC does a great job with bringing RC racing to the world. Here is a video from the 2010 ROAR Fuel Nats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfBB...eature=related
Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Brian-Yes we were actually on the Grand Mesa, what a breathtaking place. I thought we could see 100 miles when we went to the observatory I realized it was only 75 miles???

On a side note finicky, fickle what's the other "F" word?

See ya at the track

Last edited by RRacerRuss1; 07-06-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
Brian-Yes we were actually on the Grand Mesa, what a breathtaking place. I thought we could see 100 miles when we went to the observatory I realized it was only 75 miles???

On a side note finicky, fickle wahat's the other "F" word?

See ya at the track
I'm glad you had a good time on the Grand Mesa. That is where we spent our holiday. My grandparents call it God's country. It is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been

"F" = forget about it
Old 07-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Yes I would agree with your grandparent's, however trying to be politically correct. I'll just say breathtaking......................

See you at the track
RacerRuss