Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
Are you in support a new indoor track in Broomfield, CO? >

Are you in support a new indoor track in Broomfield, CO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you in support a new indoor track in Broomfield, CO?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

-
Old 02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

-
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

CHECK IT OUT NORTHERN COLORADO!!
www.xcelerationraceway.com

Look for a dedicated thread with further details soon...
Old 02-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPSharp

Looks good
Old 02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So its only going be a tiny bit bigger than MHOR ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Old 02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I would go to a north track and would bring my wife, but summer is nitro racing. If you could do both indoor and out would be cool! We live up north anyways
Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is awesome, let me know if you need any help with it, I live in Milliken which is fairly close to Loveland. Unfortunately I can not help financially, but I can do the grunt work!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
So its only going be a tiny bit bigger than MHOR ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
1550SF larger

MHOR - 80'x40'=3200SF
XCELERATION- LOVELAND: 95'x50'=4750SF

Please PM me with any questions or refer to Xceleration Raceway thread-
this is the Broomfield thread and I want to quit jackin it!

Last edited by JPSharp; 02-07-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

i would use a track in broomfield a lot
Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

any word when this might open?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Well Im glad to see that were still getting a lot of ideas floating around here!

This "weekend" (mine are sunday and mondays) was a busy one. We checked out a few places and realized our original wasnt big enough. The one we WISH we had was just massive, but location and price made it an easy no. So we have found a place that we can get a stellar one year deal on (hopefully) to try this thing. The building is 7900sqft, high ceiling, about 98ft of usable legnth in the area we ant to build the track. The only big hurdle is that the place would require a significant amount of money dumped into it initally to demo the property. We need to take out some walls, raise up ducting and electrical, tear up the floor, etc. Its a big job. Any volunteers? Its going to cost me a ton just for the roll offs to get the garbage out of there. But realistically, Ill never find this big a space for this cheap anywhere, ever.

The next thing I need is some feedback on what a track in this area really needs. Ive raced outdoor 1/8th, but indoor elecs never. What lane width is ideal? Is devoting 4500-5000 sqft to the track itself ideal? How important is an in house hobby shop? Ideas from you guys, the racers, is what is going to push this thing from just another "track" to the racing heaven I picture in my head.

Its going to be about a few month project to get everything in order, but I want to be up and running for the majority of the summer to get all the kinks worked out in the plan so that when the snow flys next year, its on!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I see 8th scale, does this mean 8th scale nitro? Dam I hope so, that would be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick........871
Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmarble903
Well Im glad to see that were still getting a lot of ideas floating around here!

This "weekend" (mine are sunday and mondays) was a busy one. We checked out a few places and realized our original wasnt big enough. The one we WISH we had was just massive, but location and price made it an easy no. So we have found a place that we can get a stellar one year deal on (hopefully) to try this thing. The building is 7900sqft, high ceiling, about 98ft of usable legnth in the area we ant to build the track. The only big hurdle is that the place would require a significant amount of money dumped into it initally to demo the property. We need to take out some walls, raise up ducting and electrical, tear up the floor, etc. Its a big job. Any volunteers? Its going to cost me a ton just for the roll offs to get the garbage out of there. But realistically, Ill never find this big a space for this cheap anywhere, ever.

The next thing I need is some feedback on what a track in this area really needs. Ive raced outdoor 1/8th, but indoor elecs never. What lane width is ideal? Is devoting 4500-5000 sqft to the track itself ideal? How important is an in house hobby shop? Ideas from you guys, the racers, is what is going to push this thing from just another "track" to the racing heaven I picture in my head.

Its going to be about a few month project to get everything in order, but I want to be up and running for the majority of the summer to get all the kinks worked out in the plan so that when the snow flys next year, its on!
im out of work right now and have some demo experience..well enough to not chop my foot off lol.....if you can help with gas i can put in hrs........
Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

i will volunteer time 4 the cause
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

If you build it I will come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.