RC GT Open

Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default RC GT Open

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of this class coming to Colorado. I figured we could start a little thread about it and see who would be interested. Check out the requirements below:

RCGT Open Challenge

-Any 1/10th scale 4WD Touring Car chassis.
-Any "realistic/scale" Touring Car/GT body (No "Race" bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6 etc.)
-Bodies should represent models that are runing or had been run in the Touring Car, GT2, GT1 classes in ALMS, LeMans, Speed Challenge etc.
-Any 26mm spoked wheels (no dish wheels)
-Suggested spec tires:
--HPI #4790 X-Pattern Radial Tire 26mm M-Compound (base spec tire)
--HPI #4495 X-Pattern Radial Belted Tire 26mm (belted tire, allows more speed)
--HPI #4490 X-Pattern Radial Belted Tire Pro Compound (belted and stickier compound for best performance)
-Kit Lexan wing (flat realistic wing if included) or Plastic realistic wing set(s) only (keeping in mind the spirit of realism of the class)
-27T/17.5 Motor Limit.
-6 cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.v volt battery limit.
-Chassis option parts allowed.

What do you think???
Old 02-06-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i think im down and want to run this class.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

If we could get enough people to race it at CORRC, then I'm down.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

I like this class, cant wait to run it it would be best though to vote for just one of the three tire compounds.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

I'd be down for this!!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I posted some stuff about this in the CORRC thread, there is a carpet tire coming out soon that would be great for the indoor racing.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i vote for the x-pattern belted pro compound
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good idea w/ the tires. I'm sure each has it's advantage, but it would be nice if everyone had the same.

This was my first experiment with liquid mask. I think I'll use it for my GT Car (if GT works out). Otherwise, it'll be a drift body. I didn't want to turn my camera's macro on because then you'd see all the flaws!
Attached Thumbnails RC GT Open-rx-8-front.jpg   RC GT Open-rx-8-front-side.jpg   RC GT Open-rx-8-rear-side.jpg   RC GT Open-rx-8-side.jpg  
Old 02-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

A few of us meet today and talked about RC GT. Sounds like there is some interest at the track. I probably wont get my car running for a few weeks. We want to get people's email addresses so that we can coordinate when we will be running. "Turkey Boy" should be posting something soon about the coordination effort.

I will be checking on which of the tire choices work well on carpet in some of the other threads. From there I would like to try and standardize on a couple of choices for tires as to not affect the carpet. As for bodies...HPI has a great selection of non-race bodies that would be perfect for this class. I was hoping that we could use the tuner style bodies, but as long as it is not a race body then I guess it would work. Sounds like there are at least 6-8 racers at the track that are interested, plus a few more. Sounds like this could be a great class.

Check this post for lots of good info...http://www.rctech.net/forum/5331063-post3276.html
Old 02-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Thanks Art, keep us posted on the tires!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by artwork
A few of us meet today and talked about RC GT. Sounds like there is some interest at the track. I probably wont get my car running for a few weeks. We want to get people's email addresses so that we can coordinate when we will be running. "Turkey Boy" should be posting something soon about the coordination effort.

I will be checking on which of the tire choices work well on carpet in some of the other threads. From there I would like to try and standardize on a couple of choices for tires as to not affect the carpet. As for bodies...HPI has a great selection of non-race bodies that would be perfect for this class. I was hoping that we could use the tuner style bodies, but as long as it is not a race body then I guess it would work. Sounds like there are at least 6-8 racers at the track that are interested, plus a few more. Sounds like this could be a great class.

Check this post for lots of good info...http://www.rctech.net/forum/5331063-post3276.html
I got some email addresses at the track today of people that were interested. I think Art's estimation of aout 6+ people at CORRC today that were interested is accurate. If you're interested in keeping up with what the rules are going to be, drop me a PM and get on my list.

Regarding the bodies...I would say that tentatively, anything on this page (link below) would work except: Dodge Stratus Aero 2, Dodge Stratus, Lambo Gallardo, and Lambo Murcialago.

http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/190mm/

We'd like to eventually have an "approved body list" and HPI seems to make a good selection of the bodies that are in the spirit of the class. I also agree with Art...for now...if you have a "non-race" body that you want to run, then run it! I think you'll agree that the HPI site is a good starting point.

It is my goal to have this class up and running in 3 weeks. March 1st. If we can get it done earlier, great. If not...then I think March 1st is an obtainable goal.

Art: Keep us posted on what you find out about tires.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Turkey Boy
I got some email addresses at the track today of people that were interested. I think Art's estimation of aout 6+ people at CORRC today that were interested is accurate. If you're interested in keeping up with what the rules are going to be, drop me a PM and get on my list.

Regarding the bodies...I would say that tentatively, anything on this page (link below) would work except: Dodge Stratus Aero 2, Dodge Stratus, Lambo Gallardo, and Lambo Murcialago.

http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/190mm/

We'd like to eventually have an "approved body list" and HPI seems to make a good selection of the bodies that are in the spirit of the class. I also agree with Art...for now...if you have a "non-race" body that you want to run, then run it! I think you'll agree that the HPI site is a good starting point.

It is my goal to have this class up and running in 3 weeks. March 1st. If we can get it done earlier, great. If not...then I think March 1st is an obtainable goal.

Art: Keep us posted on what you find out about tires.
The word I got was that the x-pattern Pro Compound are good on carpet. Part number is 4490. Cant find them in stock anywhere...I guess I will just keep looking.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

The TA05 might find its place in life.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by artwork
The word I got was that the x-pattern Pro Compound are good on carpet. Part number is 4490. Cant find them in stock anywhere...I guess I will just keep looking.
You're right Art...they seem to be out everywhere!
As of this posting, there is 1 pair in stock at Stormer and some on eBay for purchase.

On the good news front, I just got off the phone with Aaron Eastman at Hobbytown Westminster. He said he is placing an order for the HPI 4490's to stock them on the wall. All right!

Once again...If we target, at the latest, March 1st to debut the class, this should give everyone more than enough time to get the tires, body and motor needed for the class. Obviously, if you have the car ready before then, bring it to CORRC and start racin'!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Art and I will try to have a set of rules posted for CORRC very soon!

And yes...that TA05 Adam may just have a place after all...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.