Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
Hobby Town Longmont Season Finale >

Hobby Town Longmont Season Finale

Hobby Town Longmont Season Finale

Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Default Hobby Town Longmont Season Finale

Hey guy's, have spoke w/Gary and he would like to have a 2 day season finale

Schedule-Saturday October 15th race prep practice (track moist/watered)
Sunday October 16th Racing to begin at 10am, lunch/cookout provided by Gary.
Gates will be open both day's at 8am, Saturday gate's will be kept open till 6pm.
Sunday gate's will be open until racing is complete.

Fee-Normal race entries (15.00)

Will use Sunday October 23rd as a rain date

See all at the track
RacerRuss
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Killer. I'm gonna have to be there!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

See ya there
Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Just an FYI,
Friday October 14th will be a track work day (NO PRACTICE) there will be equiptment on the track. And all the effort invested in the maintaining of the track will not be wasted on Bashur's. Will do a thourough water job Friday at 6pm till dark (to avoid any person's access to the track after hour's)

Practice on Saturday will be somewhat controlled, meaning that we/I will have 30 minute practice sessions for 1/10th. Then we/I will have 30 minute practice for 1/8th scale. Then a break for watering (if necessary). Also to minimze bashur's the track will be open to practice for Season Finale racer's only, so in order to practice you must sign-up and pay....Keeping the format to a one day race event should allow more people to attend and not have to use a kitchen pass (those with family). It also keep's the cost down, so the entry fee(s) is reflective of that. Same watering process as Friday from 6pm till dark to avoid after hour bashur's.

Sunday's Practice session will be very short in order to get the racing started at 10am (sign-up will close at 9:15), early sign-up will be essential. Late sign-up's will be added at the end of the first round! And it sounds like there is alot of interest for this race so please plan accordingly.

See you at the track
RacerRuss
Old 10-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i be there. thanks again Russ and HT for all the efforts to give us a great place to race. It was a fantastic year at HTL track!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Track looked awesome when I left, this weekend should be lot's of fun.
Gate's open at 8am tomorrow, practice start's at 9am. Sign-up and controlled practice (1/10-1/8th) till 6pm. Please sign-up before practicing
Sunday gate's will be open by 8 am, practice start's at 8:30
Sign-up's close at 9:15, Racing to begin at 10am

See you at the track
racerRuss
Old 10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Thanks be to all of you who help make it successful, without racer's it's just a groomed FIELD.

So first and foremost thanks to all who have supported the racing program for the past couple season's. I completely understand how much it take's to go racing, from finding time, to finding the finances etc.etc. So again a big thanks to making this a successful season.

Also if I could take a minute to be grateful for the guy's and gal's who have volunteered there time to come out and help throughout the year. Those who helped to get water down during the race day. Those who've helped on track prep day's or have helped on race day's, I truly do appreciate all of your effort's (as do all the racer's).

The facility has improved over the past couple seasons, I feel with all of the support from the racer's it will get better next year.

Also a big thanks to Gary for bank rolling this project.

See you at the track
RacerRuss
Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Congrads to you guys on a great outdoor season. Thanks Russ for coming and spending a day with us at RRCP this summer. Next summer we will get down to hang out with you guys
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bradchurch123
Congrads to you guys on a great outdoor season. Thanks Russ for coming and spending a day with us at RRCP this summer. Next summer we will get down to hang out with you guys
Yes Brad it was a GREAT season and at the Finale we had approx. 90 entry's. I'm sure I'll find time to make it up there next year again, look forward to racin' with you guy's

See you at the track
RacerRuss
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Rev
i be there. thanks again Russ and HT for all the efforts to give us a great place to race. It was a fantastic year at HTL track!
Capt. thank you for the kind word's, hopefully next year will be even better

C U at the track
RacerRuss
Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
Yes Brad it was a GREAT season and at the Finale we had approx. 90 entry's. I'm sure I'll find time to make it up there next year again, look forward to racin' with you guy's

See you at the track
RacerRuss
We had 49 entry's which is a record for us Maybe next year we can offset the finale's because we would like to come to that. Saturday-Sunday sounds awesome
Old 10-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Thanks everyone. I only caught the end of the season but now I can't wait till April. I heard they served 160 FREE hot dogs. Gary, You are the man!!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bradchurch123
We had 49 entry's which is a record for us Maybe next year we can offset the finale's because we would like to come to that. Saturday-Sunday sounds awesome
Brad that is excellent, it's nice to break record's. Hopefully it work's out for finale's next year.

See you at a track
RacerRuss