Search

Dates set for 18th Annual Magic City Carpet Classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default Dates set for 18th Annual Magic City Carpet Classic

Hey guys,

Just a heads-up so you can mark your calendars. We have confirmed dates for Magic City's 18th Annual Carpet Classic in Billings, MT. The race will be Feb 27-Mar 1 2009 in the Shrine Auditorium. I think Mark would confirm that this facility ROCKS!! Plus when you support races at the Shrine you support good works--this chapter's mission is supporting the Shrine children's hospital in Spokane. Hmmm...racing AND doing good.

Hopefully we can talk the Stormers into bringing the oval track down again for some Slider action as that was too much fun for words this year.

We also have 2-day weekend races scheduled in our usual location (basement at the Shrine...still supporting those good deeds!!) on November 15-16 and January 3-4. Typical format for these is open practice all day (and I do mean ALL day...typically midnight or after) Saturday and racing on Sunday.

Hopefully some of you can make it down once or twice. Please be sure to let us know when you get your carpet schedule set. Really interested in the HobbyTown Classic...

Scottrik
Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What classes are going to be run?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by revolution31
What classes are going to be run?
While at this point the dates are set in stone, the classes have a bit of room for flexibility.

I would pretty much bet on:

1/12 Stock--ROAR-approved brushless 17.5 or brushed 27T

1/12 Superstock--our club will be running the 2008 spec through the end of the '08-09 season while ROAR changes effective Jan 1, 2009. We will DEFINITELY be running a 2008-spec SuperStock class with ROAR-approved brushless 10.5 and brushed 19T. IF there are enough pre-entries we would also run a (then) current ROAR SuperStock with only ROAR-approved brushless 13.5 allowed. Absent 8-10 pre-entries the 13.5's would be allowed to run with the 10.5/19T.

1/10 Superstock Foam--same motor spec explanation as 1/12 SuperStock. ROAR-approved LiPo or NiMH allowed

Vintage TA--VTRA rules re: chassis...but we run the ORIGINAL spec (4-cell NiMH batteries and brushed motors, no FDR and PROBABLY staying with treaded tires only) and I do not anticipate that changing anytime soon. We'll definitely have 27T, maybe 19T depending upon interest/pre-entries.

1/10 Stock--here there is some cloudiness. Will be sorted out fairly shortly. We HAD been running Stock on foam but there is a strong possibility that will change to a spec rubber tire class. Power-wise this will allow ROAR-approved brushless 17.5 and 27T with LiPo or NiMH.

I would anticipate we will offer Mod in both 1/12 and 1/10 subject to some minimum pre-entry. These may become fixed if a couple someones you've heard of who have enquired confirm their attendance. Can't name names yet.

Scottrik
Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Oh, and Rev...more track time than you can stand. We generally stay open until midnight Fri and Sat.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That definiatly sounds fun. I would like to come up and race...the guys who went to your last one seemed to have a lot of fun. I would be really interested in Vintage TA and 1/10th stock (spec rubber tire all the way ).

I'll have to see how my work/class schedules are at that time though
Old 07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb Good article!

Good article!Thanks!WOW Cheats,MapleStory Cheats,Lineage CheatsMapleStory Cheats,MapleStory Hacks,Maplestory Bypass
Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

DO NOT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK--POTENTIALLY MALICIOUS SPAM

Has been reported.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

OK...

Flier is undergoing some final tweaking, etc...I hope to have it tonight. I also hope to be able to announce "official" hotel and rates tonight.

Some final decisions have been made regarding classes that will run:

We will be racing SuperStock (1/12 and TC) using ROAR 2009 rules which specify 13.5 brushless only.

We will be following ROAR 2009 guidelines re: heat length, so all 1/10 electric heats will be 6 minutes.

We will be following the lead of all major races and enforcing a 865g weight minimum in all 1/12 classes. This isn't a ROAR rule, but this is what they've declared for the Carpet Nats this year so I'm guessing it's coming.

Stock Touring Car will be a rubber tire class and Jaco Blue is the spec tire. This tire is cost-effective, performs well on carpet, and is the handout tire at pretty much all major races. Don't wait until the last minute...if you plan to race Stock sedan get some ordered up. There will not be any deviations to this spec.

Vintage TA will be offered in two flavors for this event. A full USVTA-spec class that follows all USVTA rules, specs and approvals in effect as of the date of the race as posted on their site http://www.usvintagetransam.com AND our own "Club-Spec" Vintage TA which only allows 4-cell 27T brushed power and enforces a 1525g minimum weight. Otherwise all Club-Spec rules follow USVTA.

We will run a World GT class (200mm pan cars). All rules posted at their site http://www.worldgtrc.com as of the date of the race will be enforced including approvals, etc. Power will be 4-cell 13.5 only, which is the combination being run at all major events.

So the total list of classes will be:

1/12 Stock and SuperStock

1/10 TC Stock (Rubber spec tire) and SuperStock (Foam)

Vintage TA (Club-Spec and full USVTA-Spec)

World GT

Beginner or Youth Touring Car (any stock legal motor, any rubber tires, new(er) racers only)

Any of these classes will be subject to a minimum entry of 6 cars, though I'm pretty sure we can make that in all of them.

As before...count on more track time than you can possibly handle. We will have open practice until midnight both Fri and Sat nights plus open practice 2 hours each morning before racing starts. Also, when racing is happening on one track the other will be open for practice!! Speaking of which...

BRING YOUR SLIDER SPRINTERS AND LATE MODELS...'CAUSE THE 2ND ANNUAL SHORT TRACK NATIONALS ARE ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!! Bob Stormer's awesome 24' X 50' traveling road show will make a re-appearance for some SERIOUS oval fun. You haven't lived until you've lived on the ragged edge of control with an 8.0kv brushless Slider carrying the front wheels from the apex of one turn to the shut down zone for the next. I'm foaming at the mouth just THINKING about it!!

We are going to be offering event T-shirts which may require advance sign up, at least for your first choice class. My guess is that you will be guaranteed your size choice with a pre-entry, that you'll get your size on a first come-first served basis without. Will have more information re: this over the next week or so.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions--we're here to help facilitate your entry in this 19th anniversary event in any way we can.

Scottrik
Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

The race flyer and entry form are available for download in .pdf format from our site at http://www.magiccityrc.com/flyers/Ra...r09Classic.pdf

Remember...those dates are Feb 27 - Mar 1

Hotel "partner" should be announced shortly.

Hope to see you here!

Scottrik
Old 02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have too say that this is by far one of the greatest clubs and races i have had the pleasure to attend.. The people are just down right a pleasure and had a blast the last time i was there.... Trying to get things in order to be able to come out there this year. But life throws some curves.. So we will have to wait and see... But if anyone was thinking of going, DO IT you will not be disappointed ..

Mike Blackstock
Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Default UPDATES--IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND I NEED YOUR T-SHIRT SIZE NOW!!

OK gang,

The 'Classic is only two weeks from this coming Friday so git'cher traveling duds on and come on over!!

The race flyer and entry form have been available at http://www.magiccityrc.com/flyers/Ra...r09Classic.pdf. It would be VERY helpful if you printed one of these bad boys out and had it with you when you arrive to check in.

IMPORTANT:

Event T-shirts (see the shirt at http://www.magiccityrc.com/images/mi...front-back.pdf ) are being ordered NOW...I need to submit sizes to print Friday morning. If you're planning to attend I need the shirt size you'd like and I need you to respond NOW. If I don't hear from you you'll be at the luck of the draw re: sizes on a first-come/first-served basis! We're not asking for money up front, so take a minute and shoot me a pm or an e-mail ([email protected]) so I can get a list together. Please do not post here--send me a pm or an e-mail.

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I talked to Scott last night on my drive home, and it looks like there is 50+ racers going to the race which works out to around 100 cars, so this should be a very fun event ...... I'm going to miss this one!!