Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

well, that is kind of the problem, nick. uf1 is going to a very tech intensive motor (25.5, no short stack, 12.3 max rotor). we ran 21.5 in the past made it easy. run whatever you want, if we are going to run uf1 motor rules, we would nee to pre-tech and seal the motors. it is a colossal pain, and something we are most likely not willing to do. If we stay 21.5, everybody already has one. if we go to open 25.5, most of us will have to buy motors (some already have). If we go UF1 25.5, we will all have to buy new motors, and some will have to buy again.

it is something we need to have a serious discussion about with everyone who is running f1 at our track.

we also need to decide if we are going to run both WGT classes, or kill foam, and go all rubber.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This seems like a good time to bring up the idea of holding monthly club meetings, now that our season has actually started. I know that attendance will vary and we won't always have great representation, but I think it would go a long way towards making us feel like a club again if we hold a regular forum where we can sit down and discuss things like:

- Plans for key card access - when will keys be distributed? process changes?
- MHIC progress - what needs to be done, what changes can we make for next year, etc.
- Class rules - VTA, F1, etc.
- Open discussion about whatever - Brent not allowed to run WGTr (they have shims, don't forget), etc

Is this something others would be interested in? I figured we could either hold it before racing on one of our Sundays every month (first Sunday of every month?) or we could set aside a week night to try and do it, although that might make attendance tricky.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOW! On your third page today and no one has accused Brent of cheating...
Old 10-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
WOW! On your third page today and no one has accused Brent of cheating...
It's in the post right above yours ...

Brent not allowed to run WGTr (they have shims, don't forget), etc

SHIM-GATE! - that travesty will never be forgotten!
Old 10-08-2015, 01:15 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grumpybrat
So other wise, super hot Mexican food, my sister, and work.
Or kind of like eating at Taco Bell or Twisters
Old 10-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

If anyone is planning on going to snowbirds, I just bought my plane ticket online for $138 round trip!!!
FlyFrontier.com
Old 10-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi22
If anyone is planning on going to snowbirds, I just bought my plane ticket online for $138 round trip!!!
FlyFrontier.com
And you are looking at what, another $90 roundtrip for the luggage fees? And that is only if you have one carry-on and a single checked bag...
Old 10-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
And you are looking at what, another $90 roundtrip for the luggage fees? And that is only if you have one carry-on and a single checked bag...
So $228 is pretty cheap. Where can I fly cheaper?
Old 10-09-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
I have a Novak 25.5 in my box if someone needs it for VTA. I used it in VTA a couple years ago and it was a solid motor. With the noise that F1 may be going to 25.5 at 5280 I was thinking of holding onto it in case I got a F1, but that is months away at best. So if someone needs a Novak 25.5 let me know, lets make a deal
Joe you been pmed
Old 10-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

After running F1 with 25.5 short stack it was fast and handled great. I think we should go to 25.5. My lap times from Sunday with 21.5 and last night with 25.5 short stack where almost the same. I am with Mario about figuring out what we are going to run in VTA and F1.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ByteStream
It's in the post right above yours ...

Brent not allowed to run WGTr (they have shims, don't forget), etc

SHIM-GATE! - that travesty will never be forgotten!
Sorry Joey, I had it opened for a while before I posted. Ye ole' shimgate, that was the reason I started following you guys
Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Sorry Joey, I had it opened for a while before I posted. Ye ole' shimgate, that was the reason I started following you guys
I had to tell the story to a new a racer that's only been with us for a little over a year last night. It brought back some fond memories.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
This seems like a good time to bring up the idea of holding monthly club meetings, now that our season has actually started. I know that attendance will vary and we won't always have great representation, but I think it would go a long way towards making us feel like a club again if we hold a regular forum where we can sit down and discuss things like:

- Plans for key card access - when will keys be distributed? process changes?
- MHIC progress - what needs to be done, what changes can we make for next year, etc.
- Class rules - VTA, F1, etc.
- Open discussion about whatever - Brent not allowed to run WGTr (they have shims, don't forget), etc

Is this something others would be interested in? I figured we could either hold it before racing on one of our Sundays every month (first Sunday of every month?) or we could set aside a week night to try and do it, although that might make attendance tricky.
I think this sounds like a great idea. My vote would be for Sunday evenings after we wrap up with racing.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by puhrot
I think this sounds like a great idea. My vote would be for Sunday evenings after we wrap up with racing.
Myself, and Dick, will not be there Sunday and I think Mario is out of town. However if it can be done next Tuesday or Thursday night that would be good, the soon the better so we can get back to normal.
I also suggest we put the changes/ rules on the board so everyone that comes in the door can see it and there is no question on what we as a club are requiring. This is just my thoughts to make it clear to everyone.

Last edited by Grumpybrat; 10-09-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 10-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Here is what I found for uf1
Formula 1 – 2015/2016

Motor: ROAR-Legal 21.5 stock motor with ROAR approved rotors only (FN1).
ESC: ROAR-Legal ESC set on non-boost (FN2).
Tires: Rubber only, F1 scale. Must be available to the general public (FN3).
Body: F1 scale, molded front/rear wing (FN4).
Drive: 2-wheel rear drive cars only
Width: 190mm max
Wheelbase: 270mm max Battery: 2S LiPo or 6-Cell NiMh, long or short packs
Battery Max Voltage: 8.44V (FN5)
Minimum Weight: 1050g
Minimum Ride Height: 3mm
Suspension: All suspensions allowed, including IFS suspensions (FN6)
Driving Aids: Not allowed (FN7)
(FN1) Brushless Motor Rules
UF1 has adopted the ROAR motor rules for its racing program. In UF1, all participants must use ROAR legal and approved 21.5 brushless motors.
For a list of legal 21.5 motors visit: http://roarracing.com/approved_brushless_motors.php

Tuning Rotors
Tuning rotors are legal in UF1 racing, but the rotors must be ROAR legal Stock/Spec tuning rotors approved for the motor for which it was designed. The rotor can’t exceed the maximum length, diameter and magnet thickness designated for Stock/Spec racing under ROAR rules. Tuning rotors may not exceed 12.5mm in diameter. The length of the magnet may not exceed 25mm. Some or most motor manufactures offer tuning rotors that have shorter magnets than 25mm and have smaller diameter magnets closer to 12.3mm. These types of smaller rotors are legal. They are often used to de-tune the motor for certain conditions and grip levels. Most motors come with the maximum diameter rotor and length magnet already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.