Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This might be a nice option to have in the annex as a community soldering iron if power becomes an issue.
GREAT idea - especially so I don't have to schlep one with me from MKE.

You guys spraying your carpet yet??
Old 03-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
AS A REMINDER TO EVERYONE.... YOUR BATTERIES ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN A LIPO SAK ANY TIME THEY ARE CONNECTED TO A CHARGER. WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS FOR A FEW WEEKS, AND I STILL SEE SOME PEOPLE NOT USING THEM.
Mario LIKES SAK'S
Old 03-05-2015, 08:17 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm going to try and be down today mid day to get some practice in, but unfortunately I have a dinner date tonight with friends so I wont be racing.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

AS A REMINDER TO EVERYONE.... YOUR BATTERIES ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN A LIPO SACK ANY TIME THEY ARE CONNECTED TO A CHARGER. WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS FOR A FEW WEEKS, AND I STILL SEE SOME PEOPLE NOT USING THEM.
Fixed.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

I spelled it that way so Brent wood understand.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default mihc

So I go on to sign up for MIHC tonight...... ITS SOLD OUT?? wtf! ill pit in my car
if I have to... seriously.
Frank
Old 03-06-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Frank, it sold out on feb 26th. we will put you on the waiting list.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

As many of you know, the Mile High Indoor Champs is sold out. We are continuing to receive requests to be let in to the race. As much as we would love to have as many people as possible attend the race, we are up against 2 walls.

1- time. We are looking, right now, at having 4+ hour rounds. Our current format is to run three qualifiers on Saturday, a fourth Sunday morning, and mains following. We understand the need to get everyone out of the track as quickly as possible on Sunday so they may begin their journeys home. Over the past few years we have noticed a tendency for people to sign up online, and then add classes at the race. we are expecting the same thing to happen this year, and are expecting to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 entries. We simply do not have the luxury of adding more races under our current schedule, and feel it is not beneficial for anyone to have the race press late into Sunday evening.

2- Space. For those of you who have not been to our track before, we have space in the main room for 41 bodies to pit. We have to rent extra space adjacent to the track for more pit area. We are on the cusp of filling that extra space already, and do not feel comfortable piling people on top of each other for the sake of adding more entries. Lets face it, most of the time you will be here, you will be in your pit space, and comfortable racers are happy racers.

We would like to thank everyone for their support of this race and we are looking forward to hosting you all in April. we are keeping track of race entries and the waiting list on our website. the waiting list was generated by the order in which we were contacted. you will be notified as soon as possible if you move from the waiting list to the entry list.

on that note, if you are signed up, and on the entry list and know that you will not be coming, please let us know so we may accommodate those people on the waiting list that want to attend.

also, if you are looking to add or drop classes, please do so as soon as possible, as this may have an effect on the schedule, which is the main reason behind the entry limit.

Thank you for your understanding.
Mario Ficco.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Mario - What are we doing for tables this year? Last year the 6ft tables made pit spacing "interesting" in the annex. We getting full 8ft tables this year?

Also, for the local racers, you may want to clarify the pitting situation as far as who is in the main room and who isn't. Because from what I understand virtually no one from 5280 other than a select few will be in the main room this year. And after pitting in the annex last year, it wasn't bad at all.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

A little off the current topic here.....

The first race of the 1:1 Formula one season is just 1 week away! I plan on going to the 3 Lions Pub, who will air the race LIVE from Australia beginning at 11pm next Saturday night.

This is one of the few races each year that coincides with USA "drinking hours". It is fun being around a group of people that share a passion for F1 and cheer and yell like you're watching a football game.

If anyone wants to join me shoot me a PM and I can give you the address.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

main room pitting is reserved for race sponsors only. i know that every year this come up it is a problem for a lot of people. 2/3 of the people attending the race will be pitting in the annex.

we are going to build tables. everyone attending the race will have a 2'x4' pit spot. regardless of where you pit.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

main room pitting is reserved for race sponsors only. i know that every year this come up it is a problem for a lot of people. 2/3 of the people attending the race will be pitting in the annex.

we are going to build tables. everyone attending the race will have a 2'x4' pit spot. regardless of where you pit.

Can you elaborate on that? Does that mean 42 spots are reserved for the current 14 sponsors or for those that are hooked up by them?
Old 03-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

race sponsors receive, as part of their sponsorship, pit spots in the main room. the sponsors tell us who will be using them.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Frank, it sold out on feb 26th. we will put you on the waiting list.
Thanks,
Frank
Old 03-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If anybody has a 40-50" LCD TV they'd be willing to let us use to show scoring/video in the annex at MHIC this year, please let know ASAP. Only requirement is that it's on a stand and has an HDMI input. I'm bringing one of my TV's, but we really need two to do it right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.