R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OSRC

Old 05-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Spare parts drifter SRA build

I'm usually in the crawler area, but I like everything RC. I've parted ways with many of my touring cars, but I've still got a few - mostly Tamiya. I have a huge pile of TA/FF chassis parts laying around, and find them very fun to modify.

I've got 3 drifter in my stable currently - another TA02 Porche 959, a TT02 RX7, and a CC01 converted over. Fun stuff, perfect for just heading out on the driveway and blowing off some steam, and practicing the throttle control is a blast.

So anyway, I had this 2WD truck that I built a while ago just collecting dust on my workbench. Hybrid TA02/CC01 with a Traxxas 1/16 trans and a Titan 380. Fun little truck, and the 380 was surprisingly peppy.

Cool little truck, but I thought it would be fun to do a solid rear axle car...and since my CC01 is so stable going sideways, a drift car was a natural project. So I ripped it apart and started working on a rebuild.

First thing I did was cut out a new chassis more appropriate for a low slung car. I added side pods so I could have some options for battery and electronic placement.

Tucked in the rear CC01 axle, left over from an underdrive conversion. It's currently 4 linked, but I would like to make this a little simpler...there's a lot going on back here. Found some nice touring shocks in my box too.

Mocking up with the front suspension. Wheels are jsut for mockup.

And of course, had to throw the body on...kept it in the family with a Tamiya body, and the Jager Capri was perfect!! Lots of vents, scoops, and flares...very drifty. This body is super wide for a Tamiya, hoping the rims I ordered fill it out ok.

Much more to come...chipping away at it between other projects.
EbbTide likes this.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Cool project, I'm watching.