R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Trade In at PCH Hobbies

Or not! I visited Pacific Coast Hobbies while shopping for a new SC truck. I noticed on the door a signed indicating they accepted trades! Great I have a new in the box Slayer. I talked to the sales guy and he said it sounded like a good deal, bring it in. He even mention $250 as a trade in price.
I brought the Slayer in and talked to one of the managers. He was surprized to see that the truck was never run and ask me if I had someone I could give this too! When I asked about the trade in sign, he started scanning ebay for Slayer prices and mumbled something about their prices. after 20 minutes of double talk he said he could give me $100

Obviously he didin't want my business. Why did they bother to ask me to bring the truck in and give me a verbal price of $250? It wasn't a total waste of time. I know they don't want my business.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dear FNG Rider,

Unfortunately, it is our policy not give quotes over the phone when a customer calls about selling us any hobby items (new or used). We also do not give quotes in the store with out the item physically being in the store. So I apologize if a fellow co-worker misled you over the phone or in the store. I have made sure to talk to all my guys about this so misunderstandings like this do not happen.

The reason why we can not give quotes over the phone or in the store with out the item is because we need to physically see the item that is coming in to be sold, even on new items that are still in the original packaging. Some new items are older models and are not as desired as the current versions that might be out now or were not really popular when they were out originally. But you have to understand when you get a quote from one person over the phone or in the store with out the item, when you come back in with the item in the store and speak to someone else, that person is not going automatically give you the same offer. When we buy pre-owned/new hobby items, we have to evaluate the same way as if you were selling something to a pawn shop or even a car dealership. You just can't give accurate quotes over the phone. My guys always have to research the items to see what kind of offer we can make on the item a customer brings in to sell.

If you felt you were being wronged or your business was not wanted, we also have a sign in the store that says we are family owned and operated and that if you have an issue, positive or negative, to please contact the owner by phone, email, or in the store (if he is in the office). I wish you would have done that so we could have resolved the issue right then and there. But you did not even give us the chance to make things right or see if we could make a compromise with you. You also have to understand that my guys are human and they do make mistakes. They are by no means perfect, but every guy I have working here is in the hobby. They all use what we sell and are trying new areas of the hobby all of the time.

We want everyone's business and would be more than happy to have you call and speak to the owner Theo and see what we could do to resolve this issue. We hope to hear from you.

Pacific Coast Hobbies Staff
getsideways is offline   Reply With Quote