R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 02-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Battery Purchase

I recently purchased a couple of Thunder Power 65C G6 batteries from an on-line retailer. I received them and one of them was wrapped in plastic bubble wrap with no manufacturers packaging and the other was sealed in the TP plastic bag.

Paying $120 for a battery that is wrapped in plastic bubble wrap doesn't make me feel comfortable. I expect this type of retail packaging from HK but not the reputable on-line retailers that deal in quality products like TP.

Anyone else agree with my discomfort or is this standard in the industry?
Golferbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Tech Master

If the packaging is making you wonder what the quality of the batteries will be, then the simplest solution would be to return them for a full refund.
Longhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Where did you buy it? I have bought lipo's on Ebay and they werre brandnew. They didn't came in any manufacturers package but there were no connectors soldered so that where I recognized they were new.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

I purchased them on line from a reputable company. The batteries came with deans connectors already soldered. I am not concerned about the company trying to pull a fast one. I am more concerned about the battery being returned and it being reshelved with out the company fully aware of what it has been through. Thanks for your responses.
Golferbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
If the packaging is making you wonder what the quality of the batteries will be, then the simplest solution would be to return them for a full refund.

+ 1
RCTWENTY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #6
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferbill View Post
I purchased them on line from a reputable company. The batteries came with deans connectors already soldered. I am not concerned about the company trying to pull a fast one. I am more concerned about the battery being returned and it being reshelved with out the company fully aware of what it has been through. Thanks for your responses.
Any chance it was removed from the packaging because it was used as a display item? Or it was taken out of packaging for photographs?

If it concerns you, call up the company and find out first hand why it came that way.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote