R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #31
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
i think that some people on this site have too high of standards.

i just read a thread by one of my"usual suspects" in the trader forum.....it seems every sale he makes has a problem. NOTHING is good enough.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post

What are you a grammar teacher?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

In agreement that there are definitely way too many high expectations...especially when buying used through an internet forum. And in this hobby you have a wide range of enthusiasts, from back yard bash and crashers, to strictly all business racers who meticulously maintain and clean their cars after every run. Everyone standards are different. One persons definition of "almost new" is different than anothers.
Ferenczy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferenczy36 View Post
In agreement that there are definitely way too many high expectations...especially when buying used through an internet forum. And in this hobby you have a wide range of enthusiasts, from back yard bash and crashers, to strictly all business racers who meticulously maintain and clean their cars after every run. Everyone standards are different. One persons definition of "almost new" is different than anothers.
The expectation is high because people always put in their post how something is like new, used 3 times, maintained xx way, well cared for, only raced and not bashed, or generally that their stuff is in superb condition.

Not only that, but many people don't realize that the moment they pay for the kit, the thing isn't worth anywhere near what they paid for it 10 minutes before. just because it is barely used or like new doesn't mean you are only going to get 95% of new cost when you can't provide a warranty or any customer service. I love some of the posts I see trying to sell a 6 year old kit that wasn't assembled for the going price of a new and updated kit.
MikeInCtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I have had pretty good luck here but it seems lately everybody wants you to knock at least $30 off the price of anything you put up for sale. Maybe i should just build that into the price to start...

Honestly it's easier to put stuff on ebay, the price usually goes up instead of down.
Using eBay is always an option, but I think people prefer use RCTech as it's a more focused market. Same logic likely applies to the companies that purchase advertising.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The concept of "seller's etiquette" seems strange to me, as I don't see how everyone here would follow it. I think the important things are...

- Good clear photos of EXACTLY what people are purchasing and what they will receive. If you don't have a good camera, at least take pictures outside in a well lit area - or borrow someone else's camera.

- Remove gear that will not be included with the sale. I hate it when it reads, "does not include, blah, blah, blah".

- Indicate shipped or buyer pays for shipping. When shipping is included, indicate lower 48 if you are not willing to include shipping to Alaska and Hawaii

- If you don't want to trade, indicate "No trades"

- If your selling price is not negotiable, indicate "Firm", "No low-ballers", "Not accepting offers". You will get them anyway.

- Indicate any issues with the gear, if it was tested (i.e. electronics) or when it was last used.

- Acknowledge payment and indicate when you will be shipping.

- Get an estimated delivery date from the carrier and notify the buyer

- At a minimum, get delievery confirmation. Get a return receipt for higher priced items based on your comfort level with the buyer.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Every time I bump one of my for sale threads, I lower the price of the item by five dollars. So if somebody wants to pay ten dollars less than the listed price, I tell him I'll sell it to him at that price in 2 days if I haven't already sold the item at the current list price. Pretty straight forward and most of the time people will just go ahead and pay the current list price in order to lock in the sale.

What aggravates me as a seller is all of the whiney Canadians on this board. I clearly state in my for sale threads that I will only ship to the continental U.S., but that doesn't stop them from sending me pm's trying to buy my stuff and getting all butthurt when I won't sell my stuff to them. I don't even respond to pm's from Canadians anymore.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote