R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by faze View Post
Sure he made a poor decision, but he certaintly didnt deserve to die because of it.

And yeah I guess it is pretty easy? Ive never been offered any weed, etc. never would be stupid enough to try it either, I think it is disgusting and I have better things to do with my time than forget what just happened.
Guess that was worded a little harshly. I'm not saying I'm glad he's dead, but you get whats coming to you when you take stupid risks. Like someone said earlier, Social Darwinism at it's finest.

And no, I haven't ever been under the influence, I just want to put that out there. I have better ways of coping with my problems, like racing toy cars
Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Like I said im 17, I dont have any "real" problems lol.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrall View Post
I have better ways of coping with my problems, like racing toy cars
+1 reminds me of jetlag2222's twist therapy video
Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/160347-last-person-post-gets-5-00-a-2334.html
Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #35
Tech Master

It says its not clear who was driving the car.. so even if he only had 1 beer or 10, you dont know what his mates had
Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
It's called having will-power and/or common sense.
+1.. nothing wrong with drinking, or whatever else you want to do... BUT, if you dont have that part of your brain that tells you not to get in the car and drive, then maybe you should take up a life of being sober, or get a bus pass.

HPI Firestorm 10T // Hyper .21 Bigblock Power
HPI RS4 EVO+ // Hyper .21 Bigblock Power
Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #37
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faze View Post
Sure he made a poor decision, but he certaintly didnt deserve to die because of it.

And yeah I guess it is pretty easy? Ive never been offered any weed, etc. never would be stupid enough to try it either, I think it is disgusting and I have better things to do with my time than forget what just happened.
You are right..he did not "deserve" to die..but when you do stupid things in a car, drunk or sober you can pay the price for your stupidity..with your life..
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

He maybe drunk, he may not have, what I can tell you from experience though is those cars are brutal fast and will allow you to over drive them in a heart beat, and anyone thats driven one knows and will tell you that if your in a turn and you lift off the gas or hit the brakes its coming around on you.

Now suppose his friend was driving the car, doing 130-140 (again not hard, I've had one up to 80 through an autox course in a short time) and they hit the turn, the friend panics because the car is going faster than he thought and dives on the brakes, at that point the rear is coming around and your done. The friend driving could have been stone sober and not known the car would come around like that and it would have simply been a driver error.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #39
Tech Lord

His friend was NOT driving, the police placed him behind the wheel..pretty much ends "maybe his friend was driving", just because you can afford a car like the GT-3 doesn't mean you know how to drive one..
Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
He maybe drunk, he may not have, what I can tell you from experience though is those cars are brutal fast and will allow you to over drive them in a heart beat, and anyone thats driven one knows and will tell you that if your in a turn and you lift off the gas or hit the brakes its coming around on you.

Now suppose his friend was driving the car, doing 130-140 (again not hard, I've had one up to 80 through an autox course in a short time) and they hit the turn, the friend panics because the car is going faster than he thought and dives on the brakes, at that point the rear is coming around and your done. The friend driving could have been stone sober and not known the car would come around like that and it would have simply been a driver error.
Oasis is right, he was driving, and like I said earlier, witnesses at the bar saw him drinking at least 3 beers and 3 shots. That puts you well above the legal limit (.08%). Even if he waited an hour or two, his body wouldn't have had the time to filter all of the alcohol out of his body. So, therefore, he was driving under the influence.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #41
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post

sorry that he died but it was a stupid thing that he did, he is lucky that he didnt kill some poor family driving home from a movie or something
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #42
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
sorry that he died but it was a stupid thing that he did, he is lucky that he didnt kill some poor family driving home from a movie or something
I'm kind of curious to see what would happen if he had killed someone else. Would there still be the same "oh this is such a shame he died!" type of reaction?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Quote:
I'm kind of curious to see what would happen if he had killed someone else. Would there still be the same "oh this is such a shame he died!" type of reaction?
He kinda did kill someone else, his passenger but you coukd also look at it as it was their own stupid fault for getting in the car with him. I know what you mean though. Who was in that car with him anyway

Probably would be a totally different reaction. I think all the people who already didnt like jackass would think that he was a total idiot and the series would probably die when the next film came out. There would probably be a big lawsuit over someone saying that jackass is a bad influence and that whole spiel
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #44
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Agreed 200% on that one Marcos..this happens way to often, someone's poor choice affects innocent people way to often..I've done some stupid things that could have had some very bad results..fast & drunk don't mix well..
Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #45
Tech Master

Quote:
"In 2005, Dunn was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and entered a first offender's program that allowed him to clear his record after a certain period of good behaviour," said Patrick Carmody, Assistant District Attorney in Chester County. SOURCE
Good thing that the first DUI was wiped off of his record or else people would actually think he got what he deserved
Closed Thread