R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofreek77 View Post
Not that computer smart... I did some more checking, its the same ebay store with different users. ohwell I am done with them.
agreed nothing can be more annoying than bid! (2 seconds later, You've been out bid) Bid! again and again
youbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The main reason I input the highest amount I am willing to pay for the said item and leave it alone. Like its supposed to be done.

Team Terribles
Mike's Hobby Shop
Texoma Hobby Shop
nitrofreek77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #18
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ebay bids automatically up to an amount you set. When someone else bids, it goes back and forth until the person with the higher max bid gets the winning bid. The snipping works by bidding at the last second so you don't have time to re-bid, but if the person snipping set a lower max bid, then you will still win, but if they set a higher max bid then they will win the auction because you won't have time to re-bid. The other thing that people do is called shill bidding. They have multiple accounts, and they bid on their own items to drive up the prices, if they win they offer second chances to the other bidder, or they just re-list the item and try again. Snipping is legal, if you want to do it just type "bid snipe" in google, and you are set. Ebay is like anything else on the internet, be smart and you are good, be old and it is scary and confusing!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I love Ebay. I've never had a problem. Just buy from people with large feedback scores. It's pretty safe I think. With RC stuff I try to stick to the "buy it now" items. I hate waiting several days to see if I won a $10 item. I'll just pay the $12 and have it at my house in 3 days.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
I love Ebay. I've never had a problem. Just buy from people with large feedback scores. It's pretty safe I think. With RC stuff I try to stick to the "buy it now" items. I hate waiting several days to see if I won a $10 item. I'll just pay the $12 and have it at my house in 3 days.
yeah, buying is fine. It's the selling part on there that isnt good for the seller. To many scammers as mentioned in the other thread that let the buyer abuse the system. I'm sure theres all you that made your millions off ebay but it's not for me anymore.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 AM   #21
Tech Regular

I don't bid on eBay since long time ago.

To avoid this stuff mostly.

I only use the "Buy now" feature, and do it from an eBay shop.
Artikbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I buy a lot from Ebay, and I've never had a problem in over 200 transactions. I never buy from sellers with low or negative feedback, and I avoid items shipped direct from Hong Kong, China, etc. I used to bid the highest amount I'm willing to pay and then leave it alone "like it is supposed to be" but I would continuously lose auctions by 50 cents because another buyer would incrementally increase their bid until they barely pass my maximum input. Of course this was done in the last minutes of the auction. Now I primarily use Buy it Now sales, and if I only have the choice of a standard auction I use bidding software to enter my max bid in the last 2 seconds of the auction. I blame the flaws in Ebay's policies that have made this type of buying nearly a necessity.
breadfan758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
The main reason I input the highest amount I am willing to pay for the said item and leave it alone. Like its supposed to be done.
Who says you are "supposed" to bid like that?
eBay is fine. You just have to know what your doing.
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:

Supposed to be done ? REALLY ?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Really.... Just sayin

Team Terribles
Mike's Hobby Shop
Texoma Hobby Shop
nitrofreek77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I listed a couple items last night. One was buy it now for $200 which was at least $10 less then anyone else. I was hoping for a quick sale but wouldnt you know it someone bid on it and within 2 hours it was up over $100 but my buy it now price is gone and Ive gotta wait all week now. I wish the buy it now was still there because I am sure someone would have bought it at that price before next weekend.

Ebay can be a pain especially for the seller and yes there is scamming going on but for the most part as a buyer your protected. I got something last year and the auction title misrepresented the item. I emailed the guy a couple times got no response so I had to file a claim and after about 3 days ebay refunded my money and told me I could keep the item. The seller surely got screwed but I came out ahead of the game as a buyer. I still have the item so maybe I'll list it tonight and really come out a winner.

Ive used ebay for years. I used to sell cars and parts all the time. I even tried parting out kits. Let me tell you that is a lot of work so those guys deserve whatever profits they are making. I just broke even on mine. As the years progressed they have really made it tougher and tougher on the seller. Last time I sold some used parts for $40 there was $10 in fees on my end. I guess their trying to protect buyers in an effort to keep people buying there but for sellers its a really tough place and thats why there is so much questionable activity on their end.

I think if people would set reserves it could eliminate a bunch of the questionable stuff because its sellers trying to protect themselves that causes the questionable stuff. Shill bidding isnt necessary with proper reserves. Sniping is part of the auction process but when you get sniped followed by a second chance offer you know that seller is most likely being shady although with the amount of dead beat bidding its not definite. I know a guy who has lost hundreds of dollars because of dead beat bidders. I also know a guy who lost his business because of purchases made with stolen credit cards. The internet is a tough place to try and make money.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It seems like the internet is just full of scams and schemes now-a-days! It's absolutely horrific! I cannot post anything on craigslist because all I get are commercial emails or what is the best price on an item and they will pay $5000 more, etc...!

When I email someone about ANYTHING it's a scam! Either they teach me how to get an item for the price listed or I just un-intentionally signed up for spam emails. and EVERY single job I have ever applied for was alllll BS!

Now from a sellers standpoint it's even worse! When I list my items for sale buyers win my auctions at prices that are unbelievable! I had a brand new Canon Digital SLR camera for sale and it sold at bidding auction for $200 less than the cheapest USED you can find. When I go to buy something I am always outbid even at second 1 and it can only be via computer software!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Ebay monster can also bite the seller.

I am an honest guy that sells stuff once in a great while and I had 100% feedback until I sold a servo. I tested it before I put it up, it worked. The guy bought it, I sent it. He never left feedback.

A month after he received it (I looked at the package tracking) he emails me through Ebay and says the servo broke in his nitro buggy. In his complaint email to me he says when he received it, it was working, but then it later broke. I have it in writing! He threatened to leave negative feedback if I didn't refund his money or buy him a new servo.

The servo was sold as 'used' with no warranty and no return as stated on the item listing. There was no deception by me as a seller. After I told the guy he wasn't getting a full refund, he ruined my 100% positive feedback for a servo he paid $15 for.

After looking it up on Ebay forums, there's nothing you can do to remove negative feedback. The buyer has all the power.
Rysuleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
yes but your supposed to do this tactic when there is only 20 seconds left. otherwise your just bumping up to final price. and if it is already more then your willing to pay then no need to bid at all.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

this thread is hilarious.

Ebay has Auction Style and buy it now. The Auction style is exactly that, its an auction, its not a place one bid 3 days before the auction ends and then get pissed when you get out bid and dont get the item......

You said you bought it from a ebay store, so unless the store is shill bidding which i doubt, there is nothing to "beware"

No offense but it sounds like you are being a bit naive and are an Ebay Newb.

Does Ebay have flaws and people that abuse the system, yes it does, however I have made alot of purchases and sales with very minimal headaches.

The people that should be complaining are the sellers, because Ebays policies basically screw them, kill them with fees, and give the buyers all the power.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote