R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13
Exclamation BEST EVER RC CAR MANUFACTURER

who do you think is the best rc car manufacturer? who is most innovative? who is coolest? who is the most exiting? who is fastest? who has all these boxed ticked?!
OBLIVERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
BuggyKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Posts: 7,920
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hard to say. They all seem to make decent kits. It would come down to what kit suits you. Although after seeing the new Losi 2wd buggy I must say it looks awesome.
__________________
Our government is a #$%$ joke, from the head jester on down
RIP Mike M
BuggyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norheimsund, Norway
Posts: 780
Default

"BEST EVER RC CAR MANUFACTURER"

The best and easiest way to make a thread with people bashing eachother and arguing, of course their car is the best brand!
__________________
Read more about my homeplace in New York Times (LOL)
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/world/europe/11norway.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=hardanger&st=cse
Lars in Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

Redcat
__________________
Tamiya 416X/ Tamiya TA-05 IFS/ Losi XXX-SCT/ HPI Baja 5SC/ Tamiya M05/ Tamiya F103/ Tamiya F104/ Team Associated 10R5O/ Kyosho IGT2/
Foxxrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,853
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

13 posts and already suspended. What the heck did he do?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

How many times can people ask this, and others answer. I don't even partake, just looking at these threads makes me tired.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,265
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
13 posts and already suspended. What the heck did he do?
Apparently his previous account got suspended so he made another. Check his other posts.

As for his question:

Historically I would say AE. Until recently, no one has pushed the hobby like they have.

Currently, I would say Traxxas as much as I hate to say it.

And no I am not pushing what I run. Never owned a Traxxas product and the only AE car I currently own is an old 12L4 collecting dust.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
ZiG-87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

My first thought was "best by what definition?"
ZiG-87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Precisely why this question is so silly. It's not like having a bunch of people and asking who's taller, it's more like asking who's smarter? Well, at what? In general? Are we talking memorized/stored information, or the ability to use said information. It's just plain pointless to ask. Also, I didn't see he was suspended, I'm sure he just wanted to start a fight.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,142
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Best at what?
Making money..Traxxas..
Taking the hobby to the next level..Associated (1984..RC-10)
Racing..Losi, Kyosho
Killing on road..Xray..car of the month..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
ekd
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,851
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

HIGHJACK! Why not... OP is dead.

I want to know who people think is the best at customer support, and who seems to be the most reasonable in their parts pricing.
ekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,265
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekd View Post
HIGHJACK! Why not... OP is dead.

I want to know who people think is the best at customer support, and who seems to be the most reasonable in their parts pricing.
Best CS: Tekin.
Worst: Anything involving E.P. (three guesses whose initials those are)
Reasonable parts prices: CRC, AE, Mugen
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #13
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,853
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Historically I would say AE. Until recently, no one has pushed the hobby like they have.

Currently, I would say Traxxas as much as I hate to say it.
The best manufacturer of all time has to be Team Associated. They're the ones who took RC to the next level. Actually they did it several times. Look at how many world championships they have won. Nearly every big name RC racer out there has driven an AE car at least once.

The current best manufacturer is Traxxas, and that's not a bad thing. They tried the old way of doing things, engineer a car, build a race team and win races. But they knew right away that was not going to get them anywhere, so they started over. First, they designed something no one else had. Then, they made it ready to run. The T-Maxx opened the hobby to a whole new group of people who either didn't want to bother with building it themselves, or had no idea what RC was. Say what you want about RTR, but there are many more people in the hobby today than there would be without it.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
GundamWZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ft. Bliss, Texas
Posts: 4,713
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Apparently his previous account got suspended so he made another. Check his other posts.

As for his question:

Historically I would say AE. Until recently, no one has pushed the hobby like they have.

Currently, I would say Traxxas as much as I hate to say it.

And no I am not pushing what I run. Never owned a Traxxas product and the only AE car I currently own is an old 12L4 collecting dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
The best manufacturer of all time has to be Team Associated. They're the ones who took RC to the next level. Actually they did it several times. Look at how many world championships they have won. Nearly every big name RC racer out there has driven an AE car at least once.

The current best manufacturer is Traxxas, and that's not a bad thing. They tried the old way of doing things, engineer a car, build a race team and win races. But they knew right away that was not going to get them anywhere, so they started over. First, they designed something no one else had. Then, they made it ready to run. The T-Maxx opened the hobby to a whole new group of people who either didn't want to bother with building it themselves, or had no idea what RC was. Say what you want about RTR, but there are many more people in the hobby today than there would be without it.
I agree Team Associated (AE for short) has been in the game for a long long time, but to label them as the best.... You have to break them all down into groups...sorta like the Video Music Awards.

Race built cars? Associated. Hands down. (and I am a HPI fan)

Detailed built cars? Tamyia

RTR on-road? HPI

RTR off-road? Traxxas

But who to say is the best overall?

I hate to say it guys... but its Tamyia.
__________________
"People tend to get upset because they don't get what they ask for... then complain when they get what they deserve." - R.E.Jacobs

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,853
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
I agree Team Associated (AE for short) has been in the game for a long long time, but to label them as the best.... You have to break them all down into groups...sorta like the Video Music Awards.

Race built cars? Associated. Hands down. (and I am a HPI fan)

Detailed built cars? Tamyia

RTR on-road? HPI

RTR off-road? Traxxas

But who to say is the best overall?

I hate to say it guys... but its Tamyia.
Tamiya is the most prolific company out there, considering the number of cars thay have made over the years, but here's where I differentiate. The question is who is the best RC manufacturer, and Tamiya is a model company. Their #1 business is scale models, and it just made sense to make radio controlled scale models. Racing was second to them in the beginning. Tamiya gets huge points for starting the sedan class, what today we call touring car.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16199 10-16-2014 08:22 PM
What's your favorite RC magazine? mdowney Electric Off-Road 115 10-18-2012 05:53 PM
Magazine car report -vs-consumer internet car report dawgmeat Electric On-Road 111 02-09-2005 05:09 AM
Best RC Car Magazine PhatPat Chat Lounge 206 01-15-2004 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -8. It is currently 05:32 AM.



SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0