R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 06-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New guy

I'm new here, but I've used your forums as a reference on buying my first(second) rc car. I had an old buggy which I believed to be a Traxxas buggy in 1999 that was given to me by a family friend. I've been interested in the hobby since 1996 but only had enough money to buy the magazines as I was in the 6th grade and my family wasnt well off. I lost intrest by the time the E-maxx came to be, so I spent quite a while looking at those magazines. A few years ago a guy came to work with me about the time brushless was becoming affordable and I was still able to hang with a conversation. It helped that he was partially deaf and I was able to understand sign. David got me back to thinking about RC for a while and now here I am with my car on the way.

I just bought a Tamiya TT01 RTR a few minutes ago. Its going to be a long wait. I sent a PM on another forum for a M03 Mini but the user hasn't responded and he's posted elsewhere on the forum since so I guess he's not interested in selling anymore.

Well I'm glad to be here and I have a lot of reading to do.
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
ekd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly40 View Post
I'm new here, but I've used your forums as a reference on buying my first(second) rc car. I had an old buggy which I believed to be a Traxxas buggy in 1999 that was given to me by a family friend. I've been interested in the hobby since 1996 but only had enough money to buy the magazines as I was in the 6th grade and my family wasnt well off. I lost intrest by the time the E-maxx came to be, so I spent quite a while looking at those magazines. A few years ago a guy came to work with me about the time brushless was becoming affordable and I was still able to hang with a conversation. It helped that he was partially deaf and I was able to understand sign. David got me back to thinking about RC for a while and now here I am with my car on the way.

I just bought a Tamiya TT01 RTR a few minutes ago. Its going to be a long wait. I sent a PM on another forum for a M03 Mini but the user hasn't responded and he's posted elsewhere on the forum since so I guess he's not interested in selling anymore.
Well I'm glad to be here and I have a lot of reading to do.
This is a great place to do homework, and the Lounge is a great place to vent, discuss, or just laugh along.

Welcome.
ekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy your time here, and the hobby

Walk away from the A-holes, keep chatting to the good guys and you won't go far wrong in this hobby!

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote