R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 06-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #31
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
I did. I drove by to check it out. It's no different than any other clay or similar track. Actually it's pretty weak considering how they utilized the space. Thats just bad business. It's about bringing people together and having a good time not snobbing them. That track does not need constant maintanence if you know what your doing because it's hard packed. Sounds to me like a case of OCD. Whats funny is she thinks I am going to go out there and destroy the track practicing and I can't run with the SCT's because why?? It's an unfair advantage to who? Me or them?Do they really need to be that serious Anyway I just wanted to share my experience I had today. I could go on and on but i'm done.

+1 its a offroad track its, not supposed to like a onroad surface lol.
i have been to family though its, not bad i just would like them to have a sportsman class thats why i dont go there.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Need I say more! Nice enough to answer the phone.
Isn't it about time YOU open a track of your own, Mr. Thunderbolt Hobbies?
DanielC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Someday.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #34
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to plack75

Believe me anyone thats been to vineland knows how nice it is.. there hasn't been practice for as long as Ive been going there. ron and linda run the best program and are super nice people... just let it go and dont be bitter.. you may miss a race there and could have raced with some of the best racers on the east coast.
plack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 351 (100%+)

Quote:
Need I say more! Nice enough to answer the phone.
Dude ,drop it and close this thread. BOO- HOO so you did not get to practice. When you run your own hobby store and track ...do what you want. By you bashing this track (that I have never been to) you gain nothing. They will not lose any customers because of your posts, you will not cost them a single penny. In fact you will will NOT even gain anything by continuing this lunacy. Move on with your life and try to find peace through some other outlet. I'm not saying your a nut ... but for some one to take the time to do what you are trying to do( bad mouth a race track ) is kind of crazy. Especially with the way the economy it is today. Every track has its ''regulars'', it's ''clicks'' ,its new comers ,it's loners and so on and so on. Try to find a place that accepts you for the anal nut you are and be happy to belong somewhere. A great man once told me that ,I think it was my garbage man.(but it is good advise) its all in good fun
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
I did. I drove by to check it out. It's no different than any other clay or similar track. Actually it's pretty weak considering how they utilized the space. Thats just bad business. It's about bringing people together and having a good time not snobbing them. That track does not need constant maintanence if you know what your doing because it's hard packed. Sounds to me like a case of OCD. Whats funny is she thinks I am going to go out there and destroy the track practicing and I can't run with the SCT's because why?? It's an unfair advantage to who? Me or them?Do they really need to be that serious Anyway I just wanted to share my experience I had today. I could go on and on but i'm done.

Family hobbies is the best. I love it.

This is a track with lota history. No practice, it's a big boy track
Old 06-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #37
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
Dude ,drop it and close this thread. BOO- HOO so you did not get to practice. When you run your own hobby store and track ...do what you want. By you bashing this track (that I have never been to) you gain nothing. They will not lose any customers because of your posts, you will not cost them a single penny. In fact you will will NOT even gain anything by continuing this lunacy. Move on with your life and try to find peace through some other outlet. I'm not saying your a nut ... but for some one to take the time to do what you are trying to do( bad mouth a race track ) is kind of crazy. Especially with the way the economy it is today. Every track has its ''regulars'', it's ''clicks'' ,its new comers ,it's loners and so on and so on. Try to find a place that accepts you for the anal nut you are and be happy to belong somewhere. A great man once told me that ,I think it was my garbage man.(but it is good advise) its all in good fun
Your so after the fact. Maybe you should read the posting date. I gotta laugh at the ones that chime in late. Your the one thats lunacy.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 351 (100%+)

Quote:
Your so after the fact. Maybe you should read the posting date. I gotta laugh at the ones that chime in late. Your the one thats lunacy.
I still love ya.
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #39
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No practice days = you can't practice with your 18th scale
No 18th scale class = you can't RACE your 18th scale either.

Am I the only one not seeing a problem? It sounds to me.. which was solidified by the employees response on the thread, that the one with the attutude, was you.. the caller.

Sounds like an awesome race program to me!
- RCSpecialties -

Last edited by Cpt.America; 06-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post

Top Notch !!
SLOW THE F%&# DOWN so you can go fast !!!
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any track that's been around as long as Family Hobbies has to be doing something right. If memory serves me right they hosted the first ever ROAR offroad nats, and they're still around in 2010. I raced there occasionally in the late 90's and loved it, still my favorite offroad track.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post

Yeah man totally awesome
Family Hobbies is LAME.
I even tried to join their stupid forum and had to wait about a week for an approval. In the email they sent they just asked me if I raced. As if only racers need apply. What a JOKE.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah man totally awesome
Family Hobbies is LAME.
I even tried to join their stupid forum and had to wait about a week for an approval. In the email they sent they just asked me if I raced. As if only racers need apply. What a JOKE.
its to keep those sissy 1/18 scale super bad ass racers, like you, out. you must enjoy making an ass out of yourself. open your own track and see how you make out with that attitude.

All done with this for now........
Digit09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #44
Tech Addict

After looking at pics of the track I don't blame them for lack of practice time it's not easy to maintain a track.
Woodbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah man totally awesome
Family Hobbies is LAME.
Oh My !! Vineland is sacred kid !! My first away race was there at the eastern states challenge 3 years ago. Sooo hard and challenging. You would have broke your little car in 5 mins dude.

I go there twice every year at least. Go get a buggy come down at the end of summer and catch the rays bra ! You ain't loving rc if you hate this beautiful track.