R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 05-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #12676
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr freedom View Post
Its just Rosberg .. its not his destiny to win the wdc, his qauly is all good, come race day & its nadda for him
Quote:
Spain this weekend.. cannot wait

I guess its as you said, it is effecting all teams, Merc a little harder than most, still he has to do what Hammy is doing & making the best of it. Hammy gets results for the team, Rosberg needs to discover what Hammy has found, or press him for the info. Either way Id say this is his make or break season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Im glad Hamilton is showing up Rosberg.

If he wasn't, then he wouldn't be showing his full potential in what he does and neither would his mentality be shining at the moment.

Seeing Hammy low really isn't good. He has a very valid reason not to be in a win situation this year - but if one does come along, he really will have excelled himself and the team
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Lewis hasnt found anything that Nico hasnt, Lewis was borned with it. Nico is a good driver, better than average IMO, but not on the same level as Lewis. All the talk the last few years about tire degradation hurting drivers like Hamilton and him not being able to cope with Jenson because Jenson is soooo smoooth on the tires, he was proven everone wrong, he adjusted and became even better because of it. He made a 2 stop strategy work to finish ahead of his "tire saving" teammate, after starting from last at the Spanish GP.
Quote:
I guess that is the common fact, he isnt what Hams is naturally.
Look, I wish him the best & look yet again, another front row start for Merc. I watched qauly, they earnt it nicely.
It will be interesting to see how long he lasts with Raiko & SV behind him ready to eat him.

Those Spanish grid/paddock girls .. whoever put humans on earth needs a high 5 for those creations.
I think he was listening. Ever since you all said this, Nico has been beating Hambone
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #12677
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Omg what an effing circus over the tire test.

Congrats to Nico. Way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of his dads win.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #12678
Tech Master

WOW Rosberg, he did super well. Good on him.. I was always a fan of his dads.
Martin Brundle sumed it up well imo. Hammys arrival was the wake up call he needed.
Clear as day Hammy can drive the ass out of the car, Nico wants to stay in it, so he at least needs to match Hammy.

What about Grosjean.. f**** high order idiot.
He was told after the practice crash to wake up by Eric Boulier & is apparently not in their good books.
He was given a 10 grid penalty for running into Dan Riccy, yet when you read the article, he is virtually blaming Riccy for the smash. What an absolute clown.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...3/5/14609.html

Mason, fwiw, I enjoyed the race, it seems my 2nd most boring track with a bunch of newbies up front meant they would push into corners not normally used for overtaking & make it entertaining (like Perez was doing)
Dr freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #12679
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats to Rosberg. The changes Mercedes made in the car (probably almost all from the secret Pirelli test) along with the track being high downforce seemed to work well for the Mercedes.

Would have been a nice 1/2 if it wasn't for Hamilton getting caught out by the safety car.

I feel bad for Raikkonen. Perez took him out and after that it just ruined Kimi's chances to come back with maximum points.

Funny though, Perez was pretty reckless blasting into the Nouvelle chicane like that.

Yes, it is a hard track to pass on... but forcing the car you're trying to overtake to either crash in to you or to go straight off the track isn't fair.

Speaking of crashes... From GP2's feature race.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
TurboDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #12680
Tech Elite

i caught all the race up to the red flag after maldonaldo took out the "soft wall". Had to go race toy cars. ended up 2nd from a 5th qualy. *thank you traffic!*

Re Rosberg's win: i have a feeling the car was more suited to this track than any other on the series as they say monaco is low wear (smooth anyways). Whether or not the tests helped out this race is up for debate - i think we can all agree it didn't hurt! Though I'm sure it will help out with future events and I think everyone else needs the same opportunity because you can't undo or penalize for this type if issue.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #12681
Tech Master

Looks like Merc will be handed a nice fine for testing Pirellis in their 2013 car last month.
The rules are you can test, however it cannot be in your current car. RB & Ferrari complained to the FIA.
Ferrari tested as well in April, they used their 2011 car so its all good for them.

Looking forward to the race this weekend. Always liked canuck track.. should be a great race.

There is a cool video on the F1 site showing how Ferrari DRS works. Its a little lever next to the brake pedal the driver holds whilst in the zone.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #12682
Tech Fanatic

Mercedes is relying on the rules over Pirelli tyre tests being vaguer than anyone assumed they were, just like double diffusers came about because a slot in the floor is not the same as a hole.
Technically there's nothing to stop Pirelli themselves running a test on a 2013 car from one of the teams, but they aren't supposed to use a race team that drives away from the track with all the other teams on Sunday night, just to turn up again on Monday morning with the teams two main drivers in plain white overalls and helmets.

No matter what Mercedes argues, there's got to be some part of the rules they can be nailed on.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #12683
Tech Elite

Re: Ferrari DRS foot switch - they probably ran out of real estate on the steering wheel!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #12684
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Mercedes is relying on the rules over Pirelli tyre tests being vaguer than anyone assumed they were, just like double diffusers came about because a slot in the floor is not the same as a hole.
Technically there's nothing to stop Pirelli themselves running a test on a 2013 car from one of the teams, but they aren't supposed to use a race team that drives away from the track with all the other teams on Sunday night, just to turn up again on Monday morning with the teams two main drivers in plain white overalls and helmets.

No matter what Mercedes argues, there's got to be some part of the rules they can be nailed on.
I think so as well Tez.. there was a snippet I read about how the F1 created a new body within the FIA to deal with the issues that raceday stewards cant deal with. This is one the FIA are dealing with.
They will nail them on something.. perhaps try & make an example of them somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
Re: Ferrari DRS foot switch - they probably ran out of real estate on the steering wheel!
My first thought as well. Did you see the comparison between Hammys wheel & Rosbergs. Its minimal but damn, there is no room to add anything new to it, thats fo sho
Old 06-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #12685
Tech Master

Kimi Raikkonen's setup sheet from his Lotus test
Old 06-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #12686
Tech Master

SV .. way too determined for anyone to beat him. He earnt his wages well.

Alonso said he doesnt know what they can do about SV & RB
He really sounded to me as if Ferrari had satisfied themselves with 2nd place, be it the WDC crown or the manufactuers championships.

What about the marshalls death.. accidently run over by a recovery vehicle. Terrible stuff..
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #12687
Tech Elite

Guess they didn't have enough union guys looking out for each other?

So Sad.. this was right at the end of the race. It looked quite standard outside of race control disabling DRS for a few laps right in the middle of some battles. Maybe this happened behind the fence? I don't recall seeing any activity between the car and the fence opening from the coverage but *shrug*.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #12688
Tech Master

The report I read said that it happened after the end of the race, the officials had let the spectators in and the were walking right by the scene.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #12689
Tech Master

Its a tragedy.. imo the marshall would have been having the most awesome day, spent it right on the track wall with the cars blowing by, access all areas kinda thing, then the usual thing of dropping something by accident turns into a death. Horrible.

I heard on the radio this morning SV has resigned with RB till the end of 2015. I suspect hes going to notch out another WDC or 2 prior to then.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #12690
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's what Renault's V6 turbo sounds like on the test bed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links